Discussion about HSM (high speed metro)

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

brozma

Discussion about HSM (high speed metro)

Post by brozma »

Here you can freely discuss about HSM (high speed metro) and give some advice and tips about HSM (high speed metro).

What is it: HSM is add-on released in March 6th 2015 and contains a train, which looks like a RSG3, but it's extended and his cabin look like arrow tip. The trains are equiped with pantographs and have only an ATB. But if you are changing destination name you can notice terminal station: Simvliet airport. The terminal station "Simvliet airport" is not available at beta 3.8, but soon it will be available. The ATB is forcing this train to stay in low speeds, but who cares about ATB (disable ATB and go as fast as you want. I got a new speed record with this train: 230 km/h).If you try couple the HSM train with MG2,SG2,RSG2,Diesel locomotive, The HSM train will hate those old trains (They are incompatible, see topic "I got some slang expressions for this game"), but if you couple the HSM train with SG3,RSG3, Everything is fine.

My questions: Are those HSM trains exist in real life? Are they in service in real life? Why they are only equiped with ATB? Why they have a terminal "Simvliet airport" in list of destinations? This terminal is unavailable at beta 3.8!

I hope you have learnt something new about HSM.
Brozma
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Re: Discussion about HSM (high speed metro)

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: My questions: Are those HSM trains exist in real life? Are they in service in real life?
No, they are fictional.
Why they are only equiped with ATB?

I have just tried running on line A under ZUB; somthing strange is going on here; when I start at Stadionweg (under ATB) in de direction Araplein, the train switches to ZUB without problems. When I start at Araplein, ZUB won't work, but ATB kicks in when I almost reach Stadionweg.
Why they have a terminal "Simvliet airport" in list of destinations? This terminal is unavailable at beta 3.8!
It will be available in 3.9. Adding the destination now means you do not have to add it later (whenever that may be ;) ).
Last edited by Sjoerd on 08 Mar 2015, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
nstomjanssen2000

Post by nstomjanssen2000 »

It does have ZUB, you may go 100 at the little piece of track where you may go 100 in a train equipped with ZUB (such as SG3 and RSG3, RSG2 isn't allowed to drive here)

And I don't care about the rifi's, it just gives an extra spot where you can put things, such as 'don't enter' in 15 different languages.
Met hoogachtende groet, prof. dr. in. mr. Duymsuych, gepromoveerd in de Slag om de Coeck. Hierin sneuvelden 66 chocoladekoekjes, 72 speculaasjes, 101 stroopwafels, 145 ... [Dit relaas is onderbroken wegens het gebrek aan nut ervan.]
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

nstomjanssen2000 wrote:It does have ZUB, you may go 100 at the little piece of track where you may go 100 in a train equipped with ZUB (such as SG3 and RSG3, RSG2 isn't allowed to drive here)
It seems it does have ZUB, but ZUB will only work if you are running under ATB first. If you start your train on ZUB controlled tracks (like Araplein), it won't work. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
atimur

Post by atimur »

One easter egg I've spotted recently: scroll through all the destinations, you'll see "OMGWTFBBQ", maybe it's an expression of your emotions when you see HSM in real life :lol:
metroverslaafde

Post by metroverslaafde »

series 5500,5600,5700 allready had that
kinkisharyo

Post by kinkisharyo »

For those don't believe it's top speed is 250
Attachments
HSM.png
HSM.png (338.92 KiB) Viewed 6956 times
atimur

Post by atimur »

I've managed to reach 252 km/h
Clement lee

Post by Clement lee »

I Managed to Reach 250 km/h on a Two Set Train but the Computer is too slow to React over the High Speed on the Train on the Track System.
Clement lee

Post by Clement lee »

if Sleeper Problems and ATB Signals won't catch up with the Train that is Accerating Rapidly so the Speed Limit is 80 km/h or 100 km/h on ZUB for these trains due to Safety Concerns.