Why is this game more complicated then TS15

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Train_guy

Why is this game more complicated then TS15

Post by Train_guy »

I mean just starting it is a huge mind wrecker ... I try to leave a station and nothing just some stupid noise comes on why is this? BTW them tutorials on the wiki page are hopeless
HKM362

Re: Why is this game more complicated then TS15

Post by HKM362 »

the game is not so difficult

I find train simulator a lot more complicated!

and a better explanation than the wiki is not, just do what it says!
HKM362

Post by HKM362 »

and otherwise just use the tutorial.

here is very simple how everything works!
Train_guy

Post by Train_guy »

Am i suppose to do something when leaving a station as when i try to leave it doesnt move and the speed limit marker is on 0
Clement lee

Post by Clement lee »

is Because you pass a Red Signal or enter a Track that is not Clear.
nstomjanssen2000

Post by nstomjanssen2000 »

Quite right. You have to set a track to ride. Or you can turn the train protection system off by pressing Ctrl+Shift+A, but that's dangerous! Finally, you can be lazy and do an activity, where the CVL does that for you.
Met hoogachtende groet, prof. dr. in. mr. Duymsuych, gepromoveerd in de Slag om de Coeck. Hierin sneuvelden 66 chocoladekoekjes, 72 speculaasjes, 101 stroopwafels, 145 ... [Dit relaas is onderbroken wegens het gebrek aan nut ervan.]
senjer

Post by senjer »

The sound you hear is the deadman switch, it will sound every 7 seconds when the ATB signal is yellow or red. For the ATB protection you can read:
http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/ATB
When you see signals outside the train see:
http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/ZUB

The reason why you hear the buzzer sound is a junction, when a junction is not set you hear the buzzer and will be forced to stop. You can make a path over a junction with the CVL panel, see:
http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/CVL_Tutorial

All this information could also be found in the readme.
Guille3604

Post by Guille3604 »

It all resumes in reading the "readme" file, only issues that I had at the beggining were the controlls... But it ain't that difficult, ain't it? :? Probably I'm missing like a buzzer or an "Ok to proceed" signal or text in activities, as I do get lost when loading and unloading at stations. But despite that, everything looks quite simple! ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Guille3604 wrote: Probably I'm missing like a buzzer or an "Ok to proceed" signal or text in activities, as I do get lost when loading and unloading at stations.
There isn't a departure signal because there are no conductors to give this signal. As a metro driver, you are expected to monitor boarding and unboarding passengers, and then close the doors when ready. The green "doors closed" light is your ' OK to proceed'. In effect, you give the departure signal to yourself.
So what you are really missing are boarding and unboarding passengers on the platforms, and working CCTV screens in the cabview to monitor them. But perhaps this will be added in later versions of the program. ;)
In activities you will just have to open/unlock te doors for 6-15 seconds at stations before proceding.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Guille3604

Post by Guille3604 »

Sjoerd wrote:
Guille3604 wrote: Probably I'm missing like a buzzer or an "Ok to proceed" signal or text in activities, as I do get lost when loading and unloading at stations.
There isn't a departure signal because there are no conductors to give this signal. As a metro driver, you are expected to monitor boarding and unboarding passengers, and then close the doors when ready. The green "doors closed" light is your ' OK to proceed'. In effect, you give the departure signal to yourself.
So what you are really missing are boarding and unboarding passengers on the platforms, and working CCTV screens in the cabview to monitor them. But perhaps this will be added in later versions of the program. ;)
In activities you will just have to open/unlock te doors for 6-15 seconds at stations before proceding.
Yup, I know metro are self operated in most countries, don't think that happens in Japan. That's why I say I'm missing a buzzer, I mean, it would be great while the other systems that you mention here are in development, to have like a sound to let you know when operations have finished. :)