New acivity: English driving

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

New acivity: English driving

Post by Sjoerd »

I have made a new activity which will probably be a bit weird to most metrodrivers, but it will be very recognisable for English hobbyists.
The acivities "Full day Week" and "Full day Saturday" have been converted to left hand traffic. On almost the entire network, the regime is now 'drive on left'.

You can also use English driving in Explore mode; Select: Control (top of the screen) -> Load data -> Simvliet 2017 -> English.ctd.

You can download the files below.
Installation instructions are included.

The acivities should be visible in Metrosimulator under the names "Full day English (Week)" and "Full day English (Saturday)".
Attachments
Metrosimulator English Driving.zip
New activity: English driving - left hand traffic
(24.99 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
kinkisharyo

Re: New acivity: English driving

Post by kinkisharyo »

Wow,thanks for the work!

BTW,if that possible to make trains non stop a few station to provide a express service?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

kinkisharyo wrote:Wow,thanks for the work!
Thanks! :D

BTW,if that possible to make trains non stop a few station to provide a express service?
Yes, that's possible. I could define a few new routes in the ctd file, and then make an activity using those routes.
What kind of service would you like? From where to where? Which stations do you want to skip? Based on the normal situation or on left-hand-traffic?
kinkisharyo

Post by kinkisharyo »

Sjoerd wrote: Yes, that's possible. I could define a few new routes in the ctd file, and then make an activity using those routes.
What kind of service would you like? From where to where? Which stations do you want to skip? Based on the normal situation or on left-hand-traffic?
Haha,No need to make this,I just curious if this possible,as I really don't know how to make activity.

And Simvliet Metro itsn't design for express service as there don't have enough sliding for the slow train.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

kinkisharyo wrote:And Simvliet Metro itsn't design for express service as there don't have enough sliding for the slow train.
That's true. You could pass a slower train at Stadionweg and De Bergen, but those are also stations where you would expect an expresstrain to stop (causing a very long dwelltime for the 'slow' train). Therefore, an express service would only be practical with lower frequencies of normal traffic, so you do not have to overtake other trains.
Darius

Post by Darius »

In my opinion, I like the idea of an express service. Especially with the HSM now available as an add-on. What do you think? Also, thank you very much for these activities. If I'm allowed to say, I'd like an express service from Simvliet Central to Stadionwag, if it were possible.
sil1207

Post by sil1207 »

May I ask, when making scenarioes are you just using time to sit and edit the files on a kind of notepad or do you have an editor?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

sil1207 wrote:May I ask, when making scenarioes are you just using time to sit and edit the files on a kind of notepad or do you have an editor?
Yes, just notepad, nothing else.
Darius wrote:If I'm allowed to say, I'd like an express service from Simvliet Central to Stadionwag, if it were possible.
It takes a lot of time to build an activity, which I probably do not have in the comming week. I can see what I can do, but I am not promising anything.
metroverslaafde

Post by metroverslaafde »

I have one. You also have to make soms changes in the ctd file.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Darius wrote:If I'm allowed to say, I'd like an express service from Simvliet Central to Stadionwag, if it were possible.
Sjoerd wrote:It takes a lot of time to build an activity, which I probably do not have in the comming week. I can see what I can do, but I am not promising anything.
I made a sketch of a timetable this morning, in which line C becomes a express service; all stations between Simvliet Centrum and Stadionweg will be skipped, and Tussenvelden. Interchange to/from lines A and B will be possible at Simvliet Centrum and Stadionweg. At De Bergen, you will be passing the normal line A/B train. I will be using the Simvliet 2017 route.
;)