Screenshots & Videos

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Screenshots & Videos

Post by Sjoerd »

The ATB system the RET uses is actually "LZB 801" (LZB = Linienzugbeeinflussung. A German system). How that system functions, you already know well. The RET just calls it ATB, as they find it easier (Automatische Trein Beïnvloeding). Yes, it functions similar to the ATB-EG system (EG stands for "Eerste Generatie" - first generation)the railways use, trough track signals, but there are differences;
  • It only protects speeds of 40, 60, 80, 130 and 140 km/h. So when there is a local speedlimit of 100 km/h, the system will still allow 130 km/h.
  • When a change in the speed limit is detected, next to a visual signal to the driver indicating the speed limit, it will sound a single "ting!" sound.
  • When the train exceeds the speed limit, a continues bell sounds ("trrrrrrrrrring"), until the driver breaks.
  • When a slower speed limit is in effect, and the train is breaking, the system will give three bells when the train has come below the speed limit ("Tring Tring Tring"; sounds like an old-fashioned telephone), indicating to the driver he doesn't have to break further.
  • If the driver does not react to the overspeed-sound, the system will apply the emergency breaks, until the train is at a full stand-still. The driver can not overrule this until the train has stopped.
  • And there is also the deadman-switch; the driver has to release it and press it again (usually, it's a foot pedal) every 30 seconds while driving. If he doesn't, a buzzer will sound. If the doesn't react within a few seconds, it will trigger another emergency breaking.
There is also "ATB vv" (in fact "ATB-EG vv". the "vv" stands for "verbeterde versie" - improved version). This consists of three transmitters next to the track in front of important signals. When the signal is at danger, the system will set a breaking curve (just like in the RET ATB system), which the train driver must stay ahead of (exceeding the limit... another emergency break). This curve will force the train to stop in front of the signal, until it clears. This is to solve the issue that the standard system won't protect speeds below 40 km/h.

See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatis ... Fnvloeding

In the simulator, these sounds are missing....(as it is just a modified RET ATB system :roll: ). But the correct speed limits, according to ATB-EG, are enforced. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
brozma

Post by brozma »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 12 Nov 2018, 20:27 No need to get triggered over protection systems buddy.
Sorry for that. :oops: I just didn' get it.
Sjoerd wrote: 12 Nov 2018, 20:33 The ATB system the RET uses is actually "LZB 801" (LZB = Linienzugbeeinflussung. A German system). How that system functions, you already know well. The RET just calls it ATB, as they find it easier (Automatische Trein Beïnvloeding). Yes, it functions similar to the ATB-EG system (EG stands for "Eerste Generatie" - first generation)the railways use, trough track signals, but there are differences;
  • It only protects speeds of 40, 60, 80, 130 and 140 km/h. So when there is a local speedlimit of 100 km/h, the system will still allow 130 km/h.
  • When a change in the speed limit is detected, next to a visual signal to the driver indicating the speed limit, it will sound a single "ting!" sound.
  • When the train exceeds the speed limit, a continues bell sounds ("trrrrrrrrrring"), until the driver breaks.
  • When a slower speed limit is in effect, and the train is breaking, the system will give three bells when the train has come below the speed limit ("Tring Tring Tring"; sounds like an old-fashioned telephone), indicating to the driver he doesn't have to break further.
  • If the driver does not react to the overspeed-sound, the system will apply the emergency breaks, until the train is at a full stand-still. The driver can not overrule this until the train has stopped.
  • And there is also the deadman-switch; the driver has to release it and press it again (usually, it's a foot pedal) every 30 seconds while driving. If he doesn't, a buzzer will sound. If the doesn't react within a few seconds, it will trigger another emergency breaking.
There is also "ATB vv" (in fact "ATB-EG vv". the "vv" stands for "verbeterde versie" - improved version). This consists of three transmitters next to the track in front of important signals. When the signal is at danger, the system will set a breaking curve (just like in the RET ATB system), which the train driver must stay ahead of (exceeding the limit... another emergency break). This curve will force the train to stop in front of the signal, until it clears. This is to solve the issue that the standard system won't protect speeds below 40 km/h.

See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatis ... Fnvloeding

In the simulator, these sounds are missing....(as it is just a modified RET ATB system :roll: ). But the correct speed limits, according to ATB-EG, are enforced. ;)
I see. Thanks for explaining. BTW those ATB-EG audio signals reminds of audio signals of Russian ARS system. When exceeds speed limit on ARS system the continuous bell ("trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring") or beeper ("beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep") sounds aswell, but the train starts braking into full stand-still until driver confirmes deadman.
Also I wonder, how ATB-EG treated signal-passed-at-danger situation?
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
MG2

Post by MG2 »

WIP
Attachments
HPViaduct5.jpg
HPViaduct5.jpg (463.92 KiB) Viewed 4392 times
brozma

Post by brozma »

Cool bridge MG2 ;)
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
luka23

Post by luka23 »

As you stated earlier that you'll rebuild parts of the Hofplein route, and guessing this is part of Hofplein station, will you also make the old layout with 4 or 5 tracks?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Rijndam Airport, in Rijndam 1985, is not suitable for electric heavyrail rolling stock; the overhead wires are too low, as the sealing in the tunnels is too low :lol:

(So you will be able to use the train in Rijndam 1985 on Rijndam Noorderpoort - Noordvliet - Rijnwoude - Panbos, but it's better to avoid Rijndam Noorderpoort - Rijndam Airport)

luka23 wrote: 13 Nov 2018, 22:05 As you stated earlier that you'll rebuild parts of the Hofplein route, and guessing this is part of Hofplein station, will you also make the old layout with 4 or 5 tracks?
I am guessing it will probably be the 2-track version. Perhaps also with one of the tracks out of service?
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

Sjoerd wrote: 13 Nov 2018, 23:08 Rijndam Airport, in Rijndam 1985, is not suitable for electric heavyrail rolling stock; the overhead wires are too low, as the sealing in the tunnels is too low :lol:

(So you will be able to use the train in Rijndam 1985 on Rijndam Noorderpoort - Noordvliet - Rijnwoude - Panbos, but it's better to avoid Rijndam Noorderpoort - Rijndam Airport)

Too Bad :oops: . I Would have liked to go there.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MP 85 wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 08:48 Too Bad :oops: . I Would have liked to go there.
You can, but as you can see; it doesn't look nice :D
The tunnels in Metrosimulator are dimensioned for 3rd-rail vehicles. With RET metro rolling stock, overhead wires also just fit. But NS heavyrail rolling stock is higher.... No room left on top to fit an overhead wire system (let alone possible doubledecker carriages :lol: ). So even in the 'down' position, the pantograph of the 1700-locomotive is still too high for these overhead wires.
MG2

Post by MG2 »

luka23 wrote: 13 Nov 2018, 22:05 As you stated earlier that you'll rebuild parts of the Hofplein route, and guessing this is part of Hofplein station, will you also make the old layout with 4 or 5 tracks?
It will represent the layout from 1956 onwards, so two tracks and with this station building:

BTW the screenshot shows the viaduct between Hofplein and Bergweg (Vijverhofstraat) https://www.google.nl/maps/@51.9317578, ... 312!8i6656 Still WIP BTW ;)
brozma wrote: 13 Nov 2018, 21:10 Cool bridge MG2 ;)
Sjoerd wrote: 13 Nov 2018, 23:08Perhaps also with one of the tracks out of service?
Still need to make a decision on that one but who knows:

Last edited by MG2 on 14 Nov 2018, 11:30, edited 6 times in total.
Citadis

Post by Citadis »

Sjoerd.
Your work for 3.15 is huge!
Some metros and the first Real Train of the game!
And it's awesome.
For the passenger caridge you made a repaintable version right?
If yes have you the model or patern for we starting now to make our own textures?
And the loco it's repaintable too?
Citadis : French Type of trams (yes, i'm french :) )
Sorry for my english but enjoy Metro Sim Beta !