luka23

Re: Screenshots & Videos

Post by luka23 »

Even the ones with digital signs?
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

The 5400 stock has an analog sign on the B-side yes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkaXUjdI89Y
brozma

Post by brozma »

Hmm, that seems legit Michiel (or whoever made Rotterdam map). Invisible overhead wire on track behind Rotterdam metro depot
Seems legit.jpg
Seems legit.jpg (175.83 KiB) Viewed 4463 times
Let me guess: Leftover or easter egg. In any way, keep it here! It looks cool (although unrealistic, but screw that) for me and allows better mobility of panto-mounted vehicles ;) .
Last edited by brozma on 20 Mar 2018, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Easter egg indeed, one I have seen surprisingly less pictures from even though I have been teasing it for some time :P
(Picture posted on page 61, same track, bit further down the line)
brozma

Post by brozma »

Michiel wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 18:36 Easter egg indeed, one I have seen surprisingly less pictures from even though I have been teasing it for some time :P
(Picture posted on page 61, same track, bit further down the line)
Well to be honest, this picture came into my attention and I decided to investigate it by myself. So I spawned SG2 on A09 track, let it roll by gravity to inside the depot (I had to enable ATB/ZUB bypass and I set throttle to 1.00 in case SG2 gets power to make it move) and when I was inside the depot, I raised the panto. Panto didn't raised fully (as it does when you raise it and no overhead wire above you) and it stopped in middle of raising and SG2 started accelerating.

Pretty cool 8-) ! If I were you, I'll keep it here during development of the sim ;) .
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
luka23

Post by luka23 »

Michiel wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 18:19 The 5400 stock has an analog sign on the B-side yes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkaXUjdI89Y
Weird, I guess it's static then?
brozma wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 18:24 Hmm, that seems legit Michiel (or whoever made Rotterdam map). Invisible overhead wire on track behind Rotterdam metro depot
Seems legit.jpg
Let me guess: Leftover or easter egg. In any way, keep it here! It looks cool (although unrealistic, but screw that) for me and allows better mobility of panto-mounted vehicles ;) .
It's actually not unrealistic as those are the tracks for trams in Rotterdam:
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Indeed, the wire just isn't visible, but as you can see on wikipedia, there are overhead wires going into the depot: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remise_Hi ... se_RET.jpg (note the little hole at the top of the doors)
brozma

Post by brozma »

luka23 wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 19:01 It's actually not unrealistic as those are the tracks for trams in Rotterdam:
Err, I meant those invisible overhead wires. With them, panto-mounted vehicles looks with raised panto unrealistic, like: There's some sort of "magical" power supply, which powers panto-mounted vehicles if they raise their panto.

Oh boy! Since I started reading SCP documents, this can be classified as SCP if it would exist in real life. Let's call it SCP-R1968 and let me describe as a SCP
Name: SCP-R1968 (Invisible overhead wire)

Object class: Safe

Containing protocol: None, SCP-R1968 can be ridden on without any issue. It's better be careful not to derail from SCP-R1968, as it's unknown what derailing will cause.

Description: SCP-R1968 at first looks like ordinary non-electrified standart-gauge rail leading from Rotterdam metro depot continuing below Maashaven metro station ending not far away from mentioned station. If any pantograph-mounted vehicle (electric locomotive/tram) enters SCP-R1968 and raises it's pantograph, Pantograph of said vehicle will stop raising and vehicle connected to SCP-R1968 is operating normally like being powered from regular overhead wire. the voltage measured by vehicles' onboard voltmeters seems to match the regular operating voltage of the vehicle. On two system locomotives (locomotives with both AC and DC systems installed) SCP-R1968 "prefers" supplying these locomotives with DC power, although it can supply AC power to "AC only" locomotives. An attempt to "short" SCP-R1968 with metallic bar failed as the metallic bar fell on the ground without any sign of leaning on wires.

List of vehicles used for testing and values read from their onboard voltmeters. (Note: * (star) behind vehicle's name means, that vehicle is not available in sim and is here for making test more realistic, date is completely fictive).
Tests from date: 21. 5. 2018

Vehicle: SG2
Voltmeter reading: 750V DC

Vehicle: SG3

Vehicle: NS 1856 series locomotive*
Voltmeter reading: 1,5kV DC

Vehicle: Tatra T3 tram (from Prague)*
Voltmeter reading: 600V DC

Vehicle: Tatra T6A5 tram (from Prague)*
Voltmeter reading: 600V DC

Vehicle: ChD (ČD) 162 series locomotive (DC only)*
Voltmeter reading: 3kV DC

Vehicle: ChD (ČD) 230 series locomotive (AC only)*
Voltmeter reading: 25kV AC

Vehicle: ChD (ČD) 380 series locomotive (both systems)*
Voltmeter reading: 3kV DC

Vehicle: KTM 23 tram

Vehicle: KTM 31 tram

All vehicles connected to SCP-R1968 operated normally without anything anomalic. It's unknown what derailing, from SCP-R1968 would cause and it's adviced to avoid that in all matters.
End of recording

Hah! I nailed that SCP description perfectly :lol: !
Last edited by brozma on 25 Mar 2018, 20:12, edited 2 times in total.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Actually, I think these invisible wires are 600V DC. I wonder if they ever tried it btw to raise the pantograph of an SG2 at the Hilledijk to see if it could run in real life 8-)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Michiel wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 20:22 I wonder if they ever tried it btw to raise the pantograph of an SG2 at the Hilledijk to see if it could run in real life 8-)
I think it would have worked. The E6 trams from Vienna/Wenen where build for 750V, just like the SG2 metro, but they did run in Amsterdam (600V) before they went into service in Utrecht (750V). Yes, only for testruns (Amsterdam), but it worked.
Only when an E6 did a testrun on the museum tramline, it stalled out; that line has a poor power supply, so accelerating that power-hungry tram made the voltage drop causing the tram to shut down. :D
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D