Screenshots & Videos

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sgt_DeBones

Re: Screenshots & Videos

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Flexity Swift I see. 👀
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
MetroRio

Post by MetroRio »

Nice to see so many new vehicles!

@Sjoerd Do you intend on create more routes? Even fictional, like another city?
Cheers from Rio de Janeiro :D
MG2

Post by MG2 »

Guille3604 wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 20:11
luka23 wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 19:36 Wasn't MG2 working on Mat 64 already?
Was he? Wasn't it a Sprinter EMU? :|
Yes I was working on both the Mat '64 and SGM for the first version of my route and still am (all Dutch national rail stock will be included with my route) but decided to create new more detailed models from scratch instead of converting the MSTS Christrains models. And yes I know that that is the MSTS model. Here are a few in game screenshots of my Christrains model conversion:
Attachments
M64SVH14.jpg
M64SVH14.jpg (478.66 KiB) Viewed 4890 times
M64_3.jpg
M64_3.jpg (488.9 KiB) Viewed 4890 times
M64_1.jpg
M64_1.jpg (406.26 KiB) Viewed 4890 times
Guille3604

Post by Guille3604 »

MG2 wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 00:14
luka23 wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 19:36 Wasn't MG2 working on Mat 64 already?
Yes I was working on both the Mat '64 and SGM for the first version of my route and still am (all Dutch national rail stock will be included with my route) but decided to create new more detailed models from scratch instead of converting the MSTS Christrains models. And yes I know that that is the MSTS model. Here are a few in game screenshots of my Christrains model conversion:
Then do you want me to hold my project? I did start it way long back in my first visits to Nederlands, so I do need to update it. By the looks of it, your model looks way better than mine. :lol:

Good job btw! ;)
MG2

Post by MG2 »

Guille3604 wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 00:28
MG2 wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 00:14

Then do you want me to hold my project? I did start it way long back in my first visits to Nederlands, so I do need to update it. By the looks of it, your model looks way better than mine. :lol:
It's up to you what to do with it (not mine to judge) but yes having two models of the same type is pointless (that goes without saying). You state that mine looks way better :lol: but it's the same source model :mrgreen: Just a little texturing does the job! But still the simplified MSTS model so I decided to scrap it and create a new more detailed model from scratch. Here it is btw:
Attachments
M64.jpg
M64.jpg (204.26 KiB) Viewed 4827 times
loris

Post by loris »

Sgt_DeBones wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 20:33 Flexity Swift I see. 👀

I confirm

I don't understand i don't speak French :lol:

Youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC406ek ... ivT7yqE4KQ
Guille3604

Post by Guille3604 »

Last edited by Guille3604 on 08 Apr 2019, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.
Guille3604

Post by Guille3604 »

MG2 wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 00:14 You state that mine looks way better :lol: but it's the same source model :mrgreen:

If I ever wanted to convert someone's creation, I would honestly ask for permission first before doing it so, as I have done before for other sims.

I don't really know where are you trying to go with those words, fortunately, it has been long since I first started in this field of modelling and it takes time to create a model for someone to suddenly come up with such things.

The train was started long time ago, around 2013 and found the mesh that I thought a had lost during a hard drive malfunction, I won't deny that I screen captured Chris Mat64 with screenshots to use them as blueprints, because the blueprints that I found on the web were absolutely horrible back in those days, but from there to say to somebody that the work one is doing, is another person's creation, there is a huge gap, Sjoerd can tell how long has it taken me and how the FGV 2300 looks like, so yeah, I don't really need to get someone else's creation as I can do it myself.

By the looks of it, looks like you want to finish your Mat64 that started from scratch from the MSTS model like you said, hope you've got Chris approval to do so, I'll be holding my modelling for this train, for a non defined time.

Heb een goede avond.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MetroRio wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 23:49 @Sjoerd Do you intend on create more routes? Even fictional, like another city?
Toronto line "509 Harbourfront" is still in the pipeline....
I am currently waiting for T2P Films to supply the buildings that are still needed.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
MG2

Post by MG2 »

Guille3604 wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 16:46If I ever wanted to convert someone's creation, I would honestly ask for permission first before doing it
Did I mention that you wouldn't? No I did not and that's not even the point :roll:
Guille3604 wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 16:46I don't really know where are you trying to go with those words
Where I'm trying to go with those words? You tell me because I don't know what you're talking about...
Guille3604 wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 16:46fortunately, it has been long since I first started in this field of modelling and it takes time to create a model for someone to suddenly come up with such things.
I would always come up with such things if true. And fortunately I have been developing for this simulator for several years now and haven't released anything either...
Guille3604 wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 16:46I won't deny that I screen captured Chris Mat64 with screenshots to use them as blueprints,

Perhaps that's what I was trying to say? :roll: As it's too identical for it to be coincidence. And good to know that you wouldn't deny it because many would as honesty seems to be a painful thing. That's why a lot of people can't be taken seriously...
Guille3604 wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 16:46but from there to say to somebody that the work one is doing, is another person's creation
Again I would always say it if true...
Guille3604 wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 16:46Sjoerd can tell how long has it taken me and how the FGV 2300 looks like, so yeah, I don't really need to get someone else's creation as I can do it myself.
Sjoerd can tell how long it took you or better yet how long it would take anyone to create something? I can too as I've been developing for games for over 30 years so it's irrelevant.
Guille3604 wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 16:46By the looks of it, looks like you want to finish your Mat64 that started from scratch from the MSTS model like you said, hope you've got Chris approval to do so
So than why would I do this without this without his approval :roll: Chris is a good man and I like his way. He told me that he doesn't care too much about whatever is done with the trains as long as it's not commercial. And it's not about wanting to finish the Mat '64, I am GOING to finish it as it is part of the plan or better yet the route.
Guille3604 wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 16:46Heb een goede avond.
English please...
And to all members here: I always finish everything I promise to finish. And this pointless discussion doesn't change a thing or my mind. So let it be perfectly clear that I am going to make all Dutch national rail stock as part of my Dutch national rail route. The complete package, route+rolling stock. And I will release everything as a separate add on. Not as a part of any beta. It takes long I know but I hope you understand that time is required to get the best of results. You will be enjoying an amazing route when finished. And this is not meant to go off topic, so I hope that we can get back to Screenshots & Videos.