Screenshots & Videos

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

<Swaggerboy>

Re: Screenshots & Videos

Post by <Swaggerboy> »

Is it possible for the AI to turn on itself in Explorer mode? I would like to know because I dont want to turn on and off the trains all the time
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

<Swaggerboy> wrote: 05 Oct 2018, 18:43 Is it possible for the AI to turn on itself in Explorer mode? I would like to know because I dont want to turn on and off the trains all the time
No :D
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
metrolord

Post by metrolord »

Sjoerd wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 15:32 A museumline is a good place to test (new) trains, as you are not disrupting regular passenger services :D

Yes, this is really a good place to test! :D
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

My contribution to the next version will be a lot of rolling stock..... :D

The top one is build to be repaintable. ;)

It is not finished; the driver cabine is still missing. I have found about three pictures of it online, but with too low resolution to make out the functions of the controls. I have requested information on this with the SPT, but if anyone has some usefull information on this, feel free to contact me. ;)
A driver manual with descriptions of everything on the control panels in the driver cabine would be ideal :D
chrisrose1993

Post by chrisrose1993 »

That is lovely! Did you build it yourself in the end?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

chrisrose1993 wrote: 12 Oct 2018, 16:54 That is lovely! Did you build it yourself in the end?
Only the outer shell of the model finds it's origin from the 3D Warehause website. The rest has been self-build. ;)
The driver cab is still missing; I haven't found the information I have been looking for (yet).

I have found this picture, but the resolution is to low to make out the writing on the indicator lights....
https://i.postimg.cc/htyDyc6h/355999341 ... d52e-b.jpg

So the last few days, I have spend on changing the Glasgow network activities to use this new ('real') rolling stock instead of the repainted LU1973. :)
brozma

Post by brozma »

Get out of my tram!.jpg
Get out of my tram!.jpg (294.84 KiB) Viewed 4949 times
So this is what happens when you make me mad in my personal private tram! You got thrown out and cursed at.
There's a good story describing it.
At 13th of October 2018 during on duty ride to Rijndam Zuid (I modified my tram to handle 1,5 kV DC from NS catenary and I was called as a backup for defective SG4 unit, which electrodynamic brakes stopped responding and had to be withdrawn to depot for fixing), one kid (proabably autistic) decided to annoy me by pressing the driver signal button (button used to draw driver's attention in case of emergency or other reasons). The unnamed woman with this kid got on my tram at Rijndam Centraal station. During ride to Rijndam Zuid, the kid kept pressing the driver alert button which made me stop twice. For 1st time to check what happened, only finding this kid to be playing with it. I reprehended the kid for doing that, and told him to stop it. For the 2nd time I only rushed to the kid, telling him (it was a boy), that I am going to be nuts and stop it again. For 3rd time. I lost my patience, I stopped at Kanalstraat crossing, opened the door and threw the woman with her kid out saying:

Me: [expletive censored] you! You autistic, naughty kiddo! Go threat your autism somewhere else!
Woman: WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE SIR!! I AM GONNA COMPLAIN ABOUT YOU!! YOU SPINELESS BRUTE!!
Me: Oh yeah?! But first you have to treat that kid's autism, [expletive censored]!
Woman: HOW DARE YOU CALLING ME A [expletive censored] YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH THAT!!
Me: Oh ha ha! I am reaaaaaaaaaally curious about that!
Woman: YOU'LL SEE!!

The woman was right. The next day after this incident, Sjoerd called me to his office and I had a lot to explain. Luckilly, he didn't fire me, but I got a lot of overtime work to do and I won't see a salary bonus for a looooooong time.

@Sjoerd: I hope this punishment is enough for that. Also feel free to write how many overtime hours you gave me as a punishement (but be adequate).
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: 15 Oct 2018, 22:15 ......The woman was right. The next day after this incident, Sjoerd called me to his office and I had a lot to explain. Luckilly, he didn't fire me, but I got a lot of overtime work to do and I won't see a salary bonus for a looooooong time.

@Sjoerd: I hope this punishment is enough for that. Also feel free to write how many overtime hours you gave me as a punishement (but be adequate).
When you are a driver in public transport, you always have to stay friendly. Don't let a situation escalate, but rather try to ignore it, and if needed call for backup at the next station. ;)

Ofcourse, you won't be fired over just one such incident.... Just be more careful in the future. But perhaps... a few depot-shunting-services for the next week would be a good idea; to keep you away from paying customers for a few days, and let things cool off....
We wouldn't want you to encounter the same troublesome traveler :D tomorrow, while she is still mad, and you are still irritated.... ;)
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

The mother is to blame in that situation. Control your kids or take a taxi. And give that kid a fidget spinner. :lol:
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Past midnight testdrive 8-)