Screenshots & Videos

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

MG2

Re: Screenshots & Videos

Post by MG2 »

Nothing special, but still something to see...
Attachments
something.jpg
something.jpg (435.39 KiB) Viewed 4983 times
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

The rollerblind seems to have a pretty low resolution... :roll:
Also, a british map?
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
MG2

Post by MG2 »

The route is American (inspired from typical North-American cities).
MetroSimGermany wrote:The rollerblind seems to have a pretty low resolution... :roll:
Haven't you noticed that before?
Attachments
tt.jpg
tt.jpg (360.88 KiB) Viewed 4942 times
Last edited by MG2 on 08 Nov 2016, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

> for route developers < Just make the rifi texture on 256x2048 instead of 128x1024 pixels. That will give you a factor 4 on the resolution. The simulator looks at relative position on the texture file, so you can make it as big (and therefore as sharp) as you like. For textures on vehicles, this is relevant, as you usually look at them from close proximity.
Just watch out for one ting; making the texture file bigger also increases the file in kilobytes. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
MG2

Post by MG2 »

Well Sjoerd, it seems that Michiel has gave you quite some information about the simulator. Or did you find out about it by yourself? Because apart from route building......I don't know a thing about the simulator.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MG2 wrote:Well Sjoerd, it seems that Michiel has gave you quite some information about the simulator. Or did you find out about it by yourself? Because apart from route building......I don't know a thing about the simulator.
I found that one out myself; back when I was repainting the SG2 into The Hague colors.
Michiel just confirmed it later in a conversation about textures for buildings (where high resolutions are less important as you don't look at buildings from a very close distance) ;)
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Actually most Sims do. I did that multiple times with Trainz 2004 content converted to 2010 to give it better detail.
And I never notices on Simvliet since I spend most my time actually driving and not staring at the trains, but I never noticed on Sjoerds close-ups cause it just isn't there ;)
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MetroSimGermany wrote:Actually most Sims do. I did that multiple times with Trainz 2004 content converted to 2010 to give it better detail.
And I never notices on Simvliet since I spend most my time actually driving and not staring at the trains, but I never noticed on Sjoerds close-ups cause it just isn't there ;)
Good enough? :)
Attachments
rifi sg2.jpg
rifi sg2.jpg (258.07 KiB) Viewed 4910 times
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

I'm currently working on a system map for if the map editor is released to the public. I have 3 out of 7 routes completed. I might stick to 4 routes in 1 area if the editor can't handle all the details and routes. It is an American based city. I'm calling it Morg City for now. The name most likely to stay.
I only have 18 days to complete it before my membership runs out on the app that I'm using.
This is now a dead account.
MG2

Post by MG2 »

MetroSimGermany wrote:Actually most Sims do. I did that multiple times with Trainz 2004 content converted to 2010 to give it better detail
That is a regular thing. But Until today I didn't know that the default resolutions were editable in this simulator as a lot is still not editable yet ;)