Moderator: senjer

midom5

Re: Screenshots & Videos

Post by midom5 »

whats the name of your own route ?
JeffT

Post by JeffT »

The cargo train can alsow drive in the metro lol ;)

Special thanks to the creator of this great game!
:)
Currently running Metro Simulator Beta on NVIDIA GeForce GT1030 2GB grafic card.
midom5

Post by midom5 »

Michiel wrote:I never touched MSTS, I did touch Trainz myself long time ago and the main problem I had was that it was nearly impossible to lay tracks in smooth ways and make realistic switches. Haven't tried any of the newest versions anymore so it might have improved. Lots of games fall back to bezier curves for dynamic tracks, and that's where it goes wrong: these are very unrealistic for trains. It's very easy for the user (which is why it's used a lot) but train movement becomes unrealistic. Instead I'll be implementing actual transition curves in the future versions (pending a brand new editor) based on real life formulas and parameters.

As for the rest, the main issue with the current editor is the available objects, it's very limited (most stations don't have stairs) but also not compatible with each other (there are objects there from 5 years ago, and new enhanced onces, but they don't fit together properly, like roads not aligning correctly). In an attempt to be able to more I added some sets of modular objects you can combine, but since the editor wasn't made for this, it can be a pain to use this. Finally terrain editing is suitable mainly for Dutch landscapes: flat grassland only, the only real editing you can do is cut holes in it for tunnels (also a recent hack into the terrain system).

Main reason for not releasing the editor publicly is that it's not something you can use without help, and if 50 people start using it there isn't enough help available for everybody. Also people tend to come up with ideas that won't work out of the box and require the software to be updated, again you don't want 50 people finding out things like that. I can manage helping one person, specially if it's someone who can learn quickly, but I can't support an entire forum of route builders. And of course I still need to finish these things:

man i like this route plz send me it plz i like metro simulator beta and i am mapper of game gta san andreas and i maked station of your game
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

JeffT wrote:Image
The cargo train can alsow drive in the metro lol ;)

Special thanks to the creator of this great game!
:)
My cargo train wouldn't fit out of the yard onto the main line. :(
This is now a dead account.
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

I think you have to place it there in an custom activity ;)
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
JeffT

Post by JeffT »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: My cargo train wouldn't fit out of the yard onto the main line. :(
It was too long for me too. But I crudely disconnect some waggons.

MetroSimGermany wrote:I think you have to place it there in an custom activity ;)
I dont have the xml name of the cargo train. probably 2200-1955.xml or something like that?

Here is a picture of a special delivery of spare part to the Simvliet metro depo. 8-)

Currently running Metro Simulator Beta on NVIDIA GeForce GT1030 2GB grafic card.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Trying out something new 8-)
Attachments
Nacht.jpg
Nacht.jpg (44.56 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
luka23

Post by luka23 »

I can't see it ;)
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

@luka23: Its buildings that can´t pay their energy bill so power was cut. It all has to do with the big industry loss in the twothousands. Industry moved more and more to the east of Europe and producing in Simvliet has become unrentable. That was a former main branch of a big steel company. :P

I should really write a Metro story :D

@michiel: Could you please move your cursor out of the screen for the next nightpic? Then they are perfect as desktop background! :roll:
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
luka23

Post by luka23 »

MetroSim it was a joke hahaha, because it's dark. Hence the emoticon ;)