Screenshots & Videos

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Screenshots & Videos

Post by Sjoerd »

Sjoerd wrote:Yeah, at the moment, I am only angry at myself for not making more backups ;) . Re-building goes faster then building something for the first time, so I am hoping I can re-do those 6 hours of work in a far shorter time.
Just under three hours later, I have rebuild everything I had (using last nights' backup) when the route crashed earlier today. Although I am still annoyed I had to do this (Granted; it's my own stupid fault for not making more regular backups :oops: ), I am really pleased I managed to do the rebuild in only half the time. As this puts me in a good mood, here's another preview ;) :

It is very lucky I have a free day today, or else I could not have done this :D
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

It has been some years since I last managed to corrupt my route beyond repair, but for someone who tries to use it by trying out all the buttons there are a few things that you shouldn't try. Once you know what buttons to press and which ones not to, it's pretty stable to work with :)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Michiel wrote:It has been some years since I last managed to corrupt my route beyond repair, but for someone who tries to use it by trying out all the buttons there are a few things that you shouldn't try. Once you know what buttons to press and which ones not to, it's pretty stable to work with :)
Do still do not know for sure where it went wrong. I had just placed a metro on a track at one of the end stations, I was moving the camera to another location, and saved at the same time. Perhaps that was the fault; moving and saving at the same time. I was just kicked out of the program, and could not get back into the route. :?
But no worries, that fault has cost me a few hours of work, but now I am back where I was then ;) It has just confirmed why I make backups; if I had not done that at all, I would have been thrown back to the last time I send you a copy of the route for my ZUB-signal question ;)
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

You guys are giving me a heart attack with all these beautiful screenshots. So much HYPE!
This is now a dead account.
metrogreece

Post by metrogreece »

All these screenshots are amazing :o . I hope to see Beta 3.10 soon. Keep up the good work!
Sorry for my bad english but I'm from Greece
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Fooling around :)
Attachments
Tralala.jpg
Tralala.jpg (97.01 KiB) Viewed 6558 times
LosAngelesMetro56

Michiel wrote:Fooling around :)
R.I.P my heart. 2002-2016. The hype is real!!!!
LosAngelesMetro56

Also, I think there should be a twin tunnel route, or rebuild the A, B, and C Lines between Westpark and Simvlet Airport to match the two tunnel entrances between Simvlet Centrum and Westpark. Just my little idea that's most likely not going to be canon.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote:Also, I think there should be a twin tunnel route, or rebuild the A, B, and C Lines between Westpark and Simvlet Airport to match the two tunnel entrances between Simvlet Centrum and Westpark. Just my little idea that's most likely not going to be canon.
Just wait for the route I am developping at the moment; it has multiple single track tunnel sections. Between two stations with island platforms for example. I just didn't bother rejoining the tracks into a single two-track tunnel and then pulling them apart for the next station. And ofcourse where two lines meet into a four-track station, and one of the lines uses the outher tracks; you need single track tunnels to dive under the other line which uses the middle tracks. ;)
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: R.I.P my heart. 2002-2016.
Are you as old as I am? :lol:

@Sjoerd: So your route has more underground sections to come to metro sim? Noice! *imagine I LIKE thumb here*
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)