Screenshots & Videos

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

RotterdamMetroLover

Re: Screenshots & Videos

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Sjoerd wrote: 27 Nov 2018, 17:54 I present; the new RijndamRail Sprinterservice train, to replace the SG4's in the next Rijndam 2022; the RR-DDM (RijndamRail Dubbekdeksmaterieel / RijndamRail doubledecker stock).
A three-part doubledecker trainset, in the colors of the Dutch Railways all-stop trains.

Double coupling system; both an automatic coupler (for coupling with another RR-DDM) and a classic buffer/chain coupler (for coupling with mainline locomotives if needed).

Same level entry with the platform height, doors animated in the same way as the Dutch Railways DD-AR/DDZ doubledecker trains (first they move out a bit, and then they slide open to the sides. Sounds for the doors are also from the DD-AR/DDZ):

Ofcourse, with interior (and 4 passenger view positions):

Pantographs are above the first and last bogies, and will be separately usable:
Idk about the exteriour, but the interior it looks like a DDAR (DubbelDeksAggloRegiomaterieel)
luka23

Post by luka23 »

Looks good Sjoerd! :D
Trainboy199

Post by Trainboy199 »

Sjoerd wrote: 27 Nov 2018, 17:54 I present; the new RijndamRail Sprinterservice train, to replace the SG4's in the next Rijndam 2022; the RR-DDM (RijndamRail Dubbekdeksmaterieel / RijndamRail doubledecker stock).
A three-part doubledecker trainset, in the colors of the Dutch Railways all-stop trains.

Double coupling system; both an automatic coupler (for coupling with another RR-DDM) and a classic buffer/chain coupler (for coupling with mainline locomotives if needed).

Same level entry with the platform height, doors animated in the same way as the Dutch Railways DD-AR/DDZ doubledecker trains (first they move out a bit, and then they slide open to the sides. Sounds for the doors are also from the DD-AR/DDZ):

I think these trains are a combination of a German doubledeck stock (Dosto) for the overall look, the Dutch DD-IRM because of the pantographs locations, the Dutch DDZ because of the seating arrancement and the Dutch DD-AR for the seating style (Color ect.)

Looks good, i'm looking forward to this update! :)
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Even though this train is nice, I still love the ICM trains. The chopper startup especially. (For those of you who don't know the chopper startup, basically the same startup as the T6A5, only a little higer pitched.)
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

I love that traxx for the uniqe way they sound. Firstly lower pitched then on about 5kmh they have a higher pitched sound.
Usually found in the 1700 and the 186 043/186 122
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

We finally have a rolling stock with two floors, good job Sjored.
Piccadilly

Post by Piccadilly »

Just thought, Beta 3.15 out on Christmas Day, what a gift that would be!!
But take your time, the quality is amazing so far!
Well Done Like Always Metro Sim!
:D
luka23

Post by luka23 »

Well IIRC a beta has been released once on December 5th, on Saint Nicholas (which is widely celebrated in the Netherlands) so who knows :D
brozma

Post by brozma »

Well this train reminds me of doubledecker suburb units CD 471 series (nicknamed "City Elephant"). Here is it's picture for comparison.

If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

That actually comes pretty close! Perhaps that was even the inspiration for 'Seht 13' when he make the Sketchup model I started with: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... -2-niveaux (just an empty shell; no interior. Bottom level windows way too high, middle front light at an impractical position.... but enough to inspire me to create a new train, and correct these issues myself ;) ).

The train you found has one thing in common with mainy doubledecker trains I rejected when I was looking for a base-model to create a RijndamRail train; the passenger doors are on the bottom floor; well below standard platform height. :roll:
So had I found an exact model to this "City Elefant" instead, I probably wouldn't have considered it for this reason.

As I now had an Intercity train on the railroad tracks, I just had to find an alternative to that SG4, as that was only created as there was no 'real' train available.... and I did not want to use intercity rolling stock on the local RijndamRail train service. Actually, I was looking for a good doubledecker model to combine with the NS1700, creating a NS DD-AR like train. But all models I found that had any potential to be used as a base-model had this "bottom level doors" flaw. And then I found the model I finally used.

I will however keep the SG4 available, as I do not want to spend a lot of time re-working all earlier-then-Rijndam2022 v1.3 activities (it already took a lot of time adapting the activities I now adapted, and the route too; raising the overhead wire height a bit at the railroad bridges), and keeping any user-made activities working....(which would have a problem if the SG4 was removed) ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D