Moderator: senjer

luka23

Re: Screenshots & Videos

Post by luka23 »

"DFG" doesn't work for me?
Citadis

Post by Citadis »

Sjoerd wrote: 24 Apr 2017, 19:45 I did the same a few months ago. But you need some of the vehicle base files to do it, which are normally hidden in the *.000-files.
I have been using this train for infrastructure tests ever since; testing newly installed train detection, ATB functionality, etcetera, while building Rijndam 2018 and 1985. ;)

Do you think if a day you relase the infrastructure trains and/or create other stock not for passenger (maintenance stock)?
Citadis : French Type of trams (yes, i'm french :) )
Sorry for my english but enjoy Metro Sim Beta !
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Sjoerd said in the past that he won't release the infra trains because its just a normal MG2 with the coupling points moved in a way that both meshes appear inside of each other so its looks like a one wagon train with two cabs but its not, and because of how its done the two meshes can seperate in curves making it look weird.

As far as editing coupling points goes, (this is untested by me) somebody told me its possible to edit the .000 archive with a hex editor, and since train configs are written in raw they can be located with a normal text editor, translated to their hex equivalent and then found in a hex editor.
Since both couplers and boogies have positions defined by coordinates, it might be possible to move them around.
The MG2 does not appear to have actual couplers inside the train, but instead both halfs are joined on the middle boogie.
by comparing configs of other trains and spending a lot of time it might be possible to join it to another freely movable part.

Altering the .000 archive is on your own risk, theres a high chance it corrupts and the game will not start anymore, but I've already seen a few screenshots of such hacks and edits of the train configs so there needs to be a way.

Btw, it looks like the repaintable versions of the trains all have their own config and can be customized without affecting the main train, but again, this is untested and just assumptions based on reading the train configs

Greets, Mika
Last edited by MetroSimGermany on 13 Feb 2018, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Yes, it is just the two MG2 cars moved into each other. Nothing wierd happens at curves, but rather at high speed; that swinging motion from side to side you get when you drive at speed; the two meshes start doing that in opposite directions. And it is also not an ideal sight that the back walls of both meshes (where both cars are normally coupled together above the center bogie) are visible in each others interiour.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
loris

Post by loris »

Maybe the HSM was going to have a better service in the Simvliet Railway Line.

yes i confirm ;)
Attachments
Simulator 2018-02-13 16-38-24-512.jpg
Simulator 2018-02-13 16-38-24-512.jpg (375.25 KiB) Viewed 4930 times
I don't understand i don't speak French :lol:

Youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC406ek ... ivT7yqE4KQ
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

He looks at you at the entrance of the station :)
I see you.jpg
I see you.jpg (131.79 KiB) Viewed 4870 times
loris wrote: 13 Feb 2018, 15:49 Maybe the HSM was going to have a better service in the Simvliet Railway Line.

yes i confirm ;)
I love your repaints, can you put them online ?
loris

Post by loris »

MP 85 wrote: 14 Feb 2018, 12:13 He looks at you at the entrance of the station :)
I see you.jpg
loris wrote: 13 Feb 2018, 15:49 Maybe the HSM was going to have a better service in the Simvliet Railway Line.

yes i confirm ;)
I love your repaints, can you put them online ?
Thanks MP85 well i have the projet to publish the NS Repaint inspired of the new livery but i dont know if the repaint was completely finish, i must check before teh upload.
I don't understand i don't speak French :lol:

Youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC406ek ... ivT7yqE4KQ
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

Something is wrong in this picture :!:
Tram tram.JPG
Tram tram.JPG (155.79 KiB) Viewed 4714 times
brozma

Post by brozma »

MP 85 wrote: 19 Feb 2018, 16:56 Something is wrong in this picture :!:
Ha! That's obvious! One KTM Citylink is on regular tram service heading to Ketelplein, and another KTM Citylink is on tram-train service heading to Rijndam Molenwijk (or Rijndam Centraal).

But you're not the only one who tried (or still tries) simulate tram-trains in metrosim. I also do that too since release of beta 3.12. At first simulating tram-trains weren't so good, because KTM 23 and KTM 31 top speed is 72 km/h, rendering them pretty slow for tram-trains, but after release of beta 3.13 KTM Citylink was added and it's increased top speed made it a good stock for tram-train simulating, so if you want to simulate tram-trains, just load any map with NS railway included, spawn a KTM Citylink on NS station (or somewhere else on NS railway) and you're good to go.

Man, we need something like tram-train service on any map. I mean direct connection from tram network to NS railway network. In Rijndam the only way how to get tram of any kind from tram network to NS railway network is to go with tram on metro network, skip Ketelplein and go to Station Westplein depot, from here couple tram with diesel locomotive and tow it to NS railway network, decouple tram from diesel locomotive, and tadah! You have tram on NS railway!
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
lefrancois1002

Post by lefrancois1002 »

JeffT wrote: 12 Feb 2018, 17:25 I prefer to use the cargo locomotive. For driving trains on the railway yard at Hilledijk :roll:

Hi JeffT, I'm "new" in the forum (I play the game since Beta 3.9), I would like to know what is your method to get the NS2200 locomotive in explore mode without modifying an .act file :?:
Last edited by lefrancois1002 on 20 Feb 2018, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.