Possible Windows versions?

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Koppara

Re: Possible Windows versions?

Post by Koppara »

The problem is now solved, but I still want to say for anyone who is reading this and get the same problem; In the setup change the graphics card to your main one, and install the latest version of DirectX and download the latest windows updates.

Annika; We got also some Finnish people here (im one of them) :D Enjoy playing the simulator!
Annika

Post by Annika »

I am sure we are only in the beginning of all trouble :D ....still wondering how to get the train forward :lol: . Anyway, I am sure we will slowly find everything. Nice to meet other people from Finland here, too!
senjer

Post by senjer »

Maybe this can help:
http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/Driving_Tutorial ;)

You can also try the readme which is in the installation folder. Finnish translation is coming. (Koppera and Miloso are translating at the moment)
Annika

Post by Annika »

Senjer, we have found both Driving Tutorial and the readme file, but there are so many options...you need to know what kind of train you are driving (if you need the pantograph or not) you need to know the meaning of all options (Explore, Activity, Player Mode, Realistic mode etc)...so it takes a while... I hope we get at least with one train a little bit forward, - it's not about the language, it is just about understanding the logic and the easiest combination of all options at first. I think that we do all the expected things but > does not get the train forward, and I am not aware of all the finesses how to check what the problem is. But we'll get there :) ! My point is that I understand English, but the instructions cover quite wide range of the functions and it is without a simple example "how to get started" in each mode separately quite difficult to remember that "here the instructions are related to the xxx mode" and "here to the xxxx mode".
kinkisharyo

Post by kinkisharyo »

Annika wrote:
In simple word,which actually complicated

Start the train:
1,Ctrl+F4 (which enable the cab)**only one cab per train should be enabled,more than one the train will not start**
2.">" to acceration
3.Follow the speed limit
4.if hear buzzer sound,press "~"(below ESC)
5."<" to Brake
6.Shift+F4 (disable the cab)
7."C" to toggle AI driver
8."Ctrl+Shift+A", disable the train protection = drive as fast as he want
"up down left right" to move camera
"1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9"view angle
"Drag" move angle
"Ctrl+P" pantograph up
"Shift+P" pantograph down
Activites
which means that there have other trains running
Full day means you need to start the train in depot
Trackwork means that some track are being maintain and there wll be a special service

Mode
In the menu there are two options on the right hand corner
Player mode VS AI mode
this means you can drive the train or just watch those train running around.
Realistic mode VS Arcade mode
Useful in simvliet2013,when you try to couple up the train with white door and "Blue door or grey door"
Realistic mode will make those two train incompatible,which means you need to disable one train.
Explorer mode

No trains will appear,you need to add trains to it,
trains will not move automaticly unless you enable the AI driver,and it will not turn back in the terminal station
How to Add trains:move your mouse to the left,click the circle with a metro
1.Choose train from Vehicle,press "add",trains appear on the right
**I must say that the others button not working and I dont know why.**

2.Place position:you will see ADP ARA etc,press the place you want it to be and "ok"
**Where is ADP,ARA? It's the short form of the station name,please refer to the wiki**
**Numbers mean track number**

Code: Select all

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let just take a rest!!

rest end
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The track control panel

F2 to toogle the panel
there will have a place for you to type
the format are as follow:
"number1" "number2" "RWI or RWO"
number1=the track the begining point of the junction
number2=the track at the ending point of the junction
RWI is to activate it
RWO is to deactivate it
Example: Situation:(Simvliet 2017,explorer mode)
Enter the activity and you will see many platforms toggle the panel and go to SDW1,SDW2.This where you located.
1.Put a metro in SDWK,which is track 404.
2.404 to 401 (404 401 RWI)
3.401 to 177 (401 177 RWI)( and you fail!!xdd)(correct method : 401>170,170>173)
**remember begining and ending point**
Control the track
restart the game,enter one of the activies (AI mode) in 2017 except for trackwork (make things simple)
You will see those in a box
AK=automatic reverse
AB=automatic control junction
DV=junction is fixed
FE=manual control
Change method:
"Word above the box" "AK/AB/DV/FE"

Code: Select all

It just the begining,try to refer to manual and read the wiki
Well,I done my best, ask if you got problem :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Koppara

Post by Koppara »

But the keys in keyboard arent maybe the same as there? Some of us use qwerty
kinkisharyo

Post by kinkisharyo »

Koppara wrote:But the keys in keyboard arent maybe the same as there? Some of us use qwerty
You mean those special keyboard right,QWERTY is the default keyboard..

I don't know how to deal with this problem...I don't use those special keyboard
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

kinkisharyo wrote:I don't know how to deal with this problem...I don't use those special keyboard
You don't have to deal with it, when beta 3.9 is released (whenever that is :P ), you will have the ability to change the control settings to what ever you like. ;)
I'm not here.
kinkisharyo

Post by kinkisharyo »

Samuel wrote:
kinkisharyo wrote:I don't know how to deal with this problem...I don't use those special keyboard
You don't have to deal with it, when beta 3.9 is released (whenever that is :P ), you will have the ability to change the control settings to what ever you like. ;)
Oh,really,I just know that, and that's great!!(Serious, no other meaning)

I must say I don't know dutch and I just using the Google Translate to try to figure out what are you guys talking about(And I only figure out 30%)
Annika

Post by Annika »

Unfortunately I had no time to check your previous comments before today, but my son had independently found the reason for our problems! It was exactly what Koppara was suggesting, the keybord settings. We use (of course here in Finland) Scandinavian keyboard, and there, the train drives forward from . and the breaks can be used from , keys. I would NEVER EVER have guessed the reason, but my kid has been trying everything and found the solution by accident. Koppara, please add at least to the Finnish translation of the Metro Simulator instructions this information so that other new users from Finland have this information available. Now we can start. Thank you all for your kind help. Is there any way from Windows control panel or somewhere else change the keyboard settings to something else (and if yes, what should we choose?) in order to be able to follow and use these control keys which are used in MetroSimulator's instructions?
Last edited by Annika on 04 Feb 2015, 18:40, edited 1 time in total.