Possible Windows versions?

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Annika

Re: Possible Windows versions?

Post by Annika »

Unfortunately I had no luck. I have tried to install Windows installer (.msi) version by a) saving the installation package to the hard disk and running it from the disk b) running the installation package directly from the link with "Open" command, c) getting the compressed .zip version to my hard disk. Every time the result is the same: The installation seems to be succesfull, the icon appears to the Windows programs bar...but when I start the simulator, I get an error message
"Metro Simulator 0,5 beta 3.5.2 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Then the only option is to press "Close program" button. Does anyone have any idea about the reason for this behaviour? What could have gone wrong? I am thankful for any help.
Annika

Post by Annika »

I checked the Windows event logs for applications, and there I can find this kind of application fault errors related in MetroSimulator in detailed level:

Faulting application name: Simulator Demo.exe, version: 0.3.3.3, time stamp: 0x538067f3
Faulting module name: Simulator Demo.exe, version: 0.3.3.3, time stamp: 0x538067f3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0015434e
Faulting process id: 0x10c4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d03c0faf8ecfb4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\MetroSimulatorBeta3.8\Simulator Demo.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\MetroSimulatorBeta3.8\Simulator Demo.exe
Report Id: f3208302-a802-11e4-a94a-70f39511fbf8
Clement lee

Post by Clement lee »

I Also have that before, but it now working fine.
Annika

Post by Annika »

Clement lee wrote:I Also have that before, but it now working fine.
Hi Clement lee, thanks for your encouraging comment! My son is sooooo dissapointed, if I can not get this work. May I ask you, did you do something to get it work? Did you change the hardware set up, did you update any drivers or the Windows version, did you try the Metro simulator installation again in some other way?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

^^ Not sure what kind of website that is, but all I can tell it's complete nonsense on that page. This error code is one of the most generic errors you can get, that can be caused by thousands of possible reasons, no shareware software is going to magically fix all those possible causes for you. Most likely cause I can think off is not up to date runtime and/or drivers. Make sure you have the most recent version of DirectX installed, as well as the latest version of the videocard drivers.
Annika

Post by Annika »

Michiel wrote: Most likely cause I can think off is not up to date runtime and/or drivers. Make sure you have the most recent version of DirectX installed, as well as the latest version of the videocard drivers.

My DirectX version is that one which was recommended at MetroSimulator's installing instructions and the driver for my graphic card is the newest one which can be found in the manufacturer's web site at the moment instead of that one which I bought with a new graphic card last week. Could you think of anything else?
kinkisharyo

Post by kinkisharyo »

Try to install the latest directx

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=36805

and download the zip format of metrosimulator

http://sim.bemined.nl/Beta38.zip
Koppara

Post by Koppara »

Koppara wrote:The GTX 750 Ti is good enough to run max settings in with this game, but it needs also a semi good processor, and few gigs of RAM, that the game doesn't crash while playing.
What are the exact requirements for RAM, how much do we need? We have at the moment 8 gigabytes,is that OK?[/quote]

Hi
Yea 8 is enough:)
Annika

Post by Annika »

Now our son is playing with the simulator, thank you all for your kind help. I did not do any other changes than downloaded again the latest Windows updates and then resstarted the existing MetroSimulator once again. My assumption is, that because our recent Windows 7 installation we've got after the installation some updates which caused trouble and some other ones which fixed the problems related to the simultaneous use of MetroSimulator and this Windows version (windows 7 home premium 64 bit). My son speeks fluent Swedish and Finnish, but now he learns also English and het Nederlands. Dank U wel voor Uw hulp! Wij hebben hier een gelukkig kind.