Tussenvelden problem

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

speedyretreat

Tussenvelden problem

Post by speedyretreat »

Hey all. So I run the B line, heading back to Sim Centrum, but when I get to Tussenvelden, the train wont start again. I tried raising/lowering the Pantograph, as well as the shoes. Tried the Dead man switch, turning the train on and off again, switching directions, all without success. Any ideas?
I didn't choose the train life, the train life chose me.
Michiel
Site Admin

Re: Tussenvelden problem

Post by Michiel »

Did you accidentally break the pantographs? These do get destroyed if you accidentally drive under a bridge when they are raised when there is no overhead wire.
speedyretreat

Post by speedyretreat »

Well... I bet I did. That was one thing that I didnt think about. I was lowering the pantograph, but there was one that wasnt going down, just so happens right under the bridge. There are full games where clipping doesnt happen, and for an alpha game, this is very impressive! I guess that when you break your pantograph, you pretty much broke your train then too, so it wont move?
I didn't choose the train life, the train life chose me.
metroverslaafde

Post by metroverslaafde »

When you have just broken the pantograph it is locked in the position 'up'. In that situation the train thinks the pantograph is raised so it won't pick up the power by the third railshoes. In this particular situation, you rightclick on your train and as you will mention there is an option 'lock broken pantographs' click on it and you can move again.
Clement lee

Post by Clement lee »

Yeah Always Follow the Lower Pantograph Signs on the Tracks. on Line B between Tussenvelden and Berklaan There are Signs to Remind you about, Blue Below White means Raise Pantographs, Blue Above White means Lower Pantographs, Blue Between Two White Lines means End of Third Rail, White Between Two Blue Lines Means End of Overhead Power Lines. This is Always Applies to the Train have Both Third Rail Collector Shoes and Overhead Pantographs. Mostly SG3 and RSG3 Stocks, While SG2 and SG2/1 Stocks have both Pantographs and Third Rail Collector Shoes but with ATB Protection Systems while the SG3 and RSG3 has both ATB and ZUB Protection Systems which allows them to Operate on Line A Between Stadionweg to Springstraat while the RSG2 Stocks have the ZUB Protection System which does not allowed them to run of the ATB Protected Lines. You Always Remain Alert about the Signs.
metroverslaafde

Clement lee wrote:Yeah Always Follow the Lower Pantograph Signs on the Tracks. on Line B between Tussenvelden and Berklaan There are Signs to Remind you about, Blue Below White means Raise Pantographs, Blue Above White means Lower Pantographs, Blue Between Two White Lines means End of Third Rail, White Between Two Blue Lines Means End of Overhead Power Lines. This is Always Applies to the Train have Both Third Rail Collector Shoes and Overhead Pantographs. Mostly SG3 and RSG3 Stocks, While SG2 and SG2/1 Stocks have both Pantographs and Third Rail Collector Shoes but with ATB Protection Systems while the SG3 and RSG3 has both ATB and ZUB Protection Systems which allows them to Operate on Line A Between Stadionweg to Springstraat while the RSG2 Stocks have the ZUB Protection System which does not allowed them to run of the ATB Protected Lines. You Always Remain Alert about the Signs.
I think everybody knows that already ;) There is no nead to start every word with a capital.
Clement lee

Post by Clement lee »

I Know but the AI in Explore Mode always forgets to raise Pantographs at Stadionweg on Line A to Springstratt or Lower Pantographs on The Main Line to Simvliet Centrum.
metroverslaafde

That is true, but have tried to load a ctd at first?
Clement lee

Post by Clement lee »

I tried that but this is always causes me to manualy set up or down the pantographs. Is Serious work for me. in the Activity, there are no problems.