Oldest versions of the game.

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Koppara

Re: Oldest versions of the game.

Post by Koppara »

Michiel, I mean the version what kinkisharyo showed.
kinkisharyo

Post by kinkisharyo »

Koppara wrote:Michiel, I mean the version what kinkisharyo showed.
I'm not sure what you are talking about,
Let me explain a little bit more,that link is beta 3.0 (which is that screenshot)
I don't know if he minds that those historical version had been posted on somewhere else
But I do think that keeping every version can reminds us to always give respect to developers
since making a scenario needs a lots of time.
Koppara

Post by Koppara »

Oh, in that website was the download link. I just didn't see it.

Thanks.
Clement lee

Post by Clement lee »

hi Guys, Is there any older version before beta 3.0?
MG2

Post by MG2 »

Yes, but not available. So don't mind it, as it's not worth it.
kinkisharyo

Post by kinkisharyo »

I can confirm that Mr Obvious didn't read the entire post...
Clement lee

Post by Clement lee »

I Told you to Stop Calling me Mr. Obvious. My Main Reason was about the Older Version of the metro Simulator before Beta 3.
kinkisharyo

Post by kinkisharyo »

First,Michiel already said,there is older versions and not available for download...if you read the thread,you won't ask this...
Michiel wrote:There are way way more older versions then that one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43n00_2_jig
Michiel wrote:No. As you can see in the video, half of the route is not done, plus it's very unstable and the amount of features is minimal compared to now. For example there isn't any sound from other trains or from 3rd person camera, only from driver cam. Also there is no coupling or whatsoever possible within the timetable, train physics is minimal (no friction and such) and graphics are horrible compared to the current version. Plus that the performance is awful, while currently you can easily have 75 trains in the train yard, with this version above 25 the framerate was dropping like a rock. And did I mention it being unstable? The software eats memory (which is why most routes are half empty) and often just hangs for a few seconds. Which isn't that weird, the software was never written to support huge routes and many trains.
Second,You didn't tell me to stop calling you Mr Obvious.
Third,You just admit that you are Mr Obvious... :lol:
nstomjanssen2000

Post by nstomjanssen2000 »

I would say Clement Lee told you in the post 12 minutes before your post, he doesn't like being called Mr Obvious and I'm sure you read that post. I wouldn't like people talking such negative about me too, especially when the joke is repeated a thousand times. Or do I have to call you Mr Repeat? Anyway, should we keep this topic and this whole forum sociable and don't ask Michiel for something that isn't already available? (I know that you want some difference, but Michiel wants to keep the secrets of his game by himself, which I can really imagine)
Met hoogachtende groet, prof. dr. in. mr. Duymsuych, gepromoveerd in de Slag om de Coeck. Hierin sneuvelden 66 chocoladekoekjes, 72 speculaasjes, 101 stroopwafels, 145 ... [Dit relaas is onderbroken wegens het gebrek aan nut ervan.]