Vienna Underground

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Patrick

Vienna Underground

Post by Patrick »

Good evening!

First I want to say, that this thread isn't a question for the Viennese Underground in MetroSimulator, it's a presentation of my project I'm doing for this simulator. I know, there aren't any modding tools available right now, but why should I wait for them? The project was previously for RailWorks, but as in my opinion the creation of rolling stock is too complicated, I thought that a underground shall be in an undergroundsimulator. So, I hope you aren't angry, because I'm presenting my project for this great simulator!

I always wanted a good simulator, were I can drive the underground, here it is. I'm sure MetroSimulator will be a very great game (it is already a great game, but with modding tools it will be greater!), if I look on the preview screens of Beta 4 with the very cool light effects. So, I started to model the first type of Vienna Underground - the Silberpfeil Type U ("Silverarrow"). Although Vienna Underground started operation in 1978, the first prototypes of this rolling stock were delivered in 1972 and lifted into the first unfinished tunnels. :) Notice, that the model is of course work in progress, so the bogeys and wheels are only dummy models and the interiortexture isn't finished yet. The doors already exist, but they don't have a texture and aren't completed, so I don't show you them.

Here are some pictures of the real stock:

My plans are, that I finish this car first and then start modelling some route things like stations. Doesn't matter when the modding tools are released, but I'm sure the type U will be at an advanced stadium when the time comes and the tools are released.

And last but not least, a render of my model.

Critic, praise and questions are welcome!
Attachments
U_013_msf.jpg
U_013_msf.jpg (221.17 KiB) Viewed 12213 times
atimur

Re: Vienna Underground

Post by atimur »

The model is nice, I think that you can finish it even without tools, the only thing that can be a huge problem is the yet unknown structure of .000 file. Anyway, models can be exported to some other sim.
Guille3604

Post by Guille3604 »

Looks like a great model indeed. I would also like to know what extension uses and wich program uses Michiel to model with... I'm still waiting for him to answer me, hope he reads my message soon. :mrgreen:
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

@atimur: Thanks, I think that we don't have to wait much time until the release of the modding tools - rather I hope it.
@Guille3604: Yes, I also would like to know which modelling program Michiel uses. I use Blender.

Today I made a "true" interior texture, there also came the partitions in. I noticed, that the shape of the roof isn't correct, but it shouldn't be difficult to correct that. :) Maybe I'll put in the seats, but we'll see. But I will definitely correct the interior roof and make textures for the roof and floor.

Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

The ability to import custom models is still planned, but I don't really think it will happen this year to get all tools ready for this, there are some other thing so the planning first. If you have a complete model I could try to manually import it though, maybe I can find some time for that next month.
nstomjanssen2000

Post by nstomjanssen2000 »

That's a nice train, but don't you think you have too much poly's?
Patrick wrote:The project was previously for RailWorks, but as in my opinion the creation of rolling stock is too complicated, I thought that a underground shall be in an undergroundsimulator.
You don't know the exporter, maybe it's even more complicated than the Railworks exporter. I don't know if you earlier made models for other simulators like MSTS or Trainz. The export to MSTS is rather simple, about Trainz,I don't know. If your model comes to a "final stadium", you could maybe try first to export your model to MSTS or OpenRails.
Met hoogachtende groet, prof. dr. in. mr. Duymsuych, gepromoveerd in de Slag om de Coeck. Hierin sneuvelden 66 chocoladekoekjes, 72 speculaasjes, 101 stroopwafels, 145 ... [Dit relaas is onderbroken wegens het gebrek aan nut ervan.]
atimur

Post by atimur »

I have the experience of exporting trains to Trainz, it's not very complicated, easier than MSTS (for my opinion).
metr0p0litain

Post by metr0p0litain »

I'm also interested in creating new trains for this (in my opinion) most realistic metro simulator. But it's necessary for me to know which 3D software is the right one? I have really good skills in 3D Studio Max but I'm thinking about learning Blender, because it's for free, everyone can use and learn it and maybe a better base for exporting.

@Michiel

Which 3D software do you use for your objects?

Best regards from Munich,
met
nstomjanssen2000

Post by nstomjanssen2000 »

Don't do that! If you're already familiar with 3ds, don't try Blender.
Met hoogachtende groet, prof. dr. in. mr. Duymsuych, gepromoveerd in de Slag om de Coeck. Hierin sneuvelden 66 chocoladekoekjes, 72 speculaasjes, 101 stroopwafels, 145 ... [Dit relaas is onderbroken wegens het gebrek aan nut ervan.]
Clement lee

Post by Clement lee »

What?! Vienna Underground is Wien U-Bahn and Vienna U-Bahn.