Wiki

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Patrick

Wiki

Post by Patrick »

The Wiki is great, but I have some ideas for a . First, I think there should be more languages! As most of you are Dutch, it wouldn't be difficult to translate it. But there are also other people who can not Dutch or English (not abusive meant - Dutch is for German-speaking people a mixture of German and English, certainly with it's own pronunciation, words, etc.; so people who can German and English could understand Dutch with a little bit fantasy) and also interested in the Wiki. OK, there must not a Wiki with other languages, more important are the Keyboard Commands. As everybody knows, almost every country/language has it's own keyboard layout, so that should be in more languages.

What do you think about it?
senjer

Re: Wiki

Post by senjer »

The idea for a wiki with more languages is known but more difficult to do than only translating. A wiki with more languages takes more pages so more data.

Because the most people speak English it it the best choice for now. When the new readme is done I want to ask if people want to translate it to more languages than English and Dutch. Then there is a point to read at least the basics of the game in your own language.
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Ok, thanks for reply!
HOY3

Post by HOY3 »

I speak English & French, if you want , i can participate to traduce the wiki in French. If moderators are interested, please MP
Je parle couramment français, et anglais. J'ai beaucoup de temps libre et je peux aider à la traduction du wiki en français.
brozma

Post by brozma »

Patrick wrote:As most of you are Dutch, it wouldn't be difficult to translate it. But there are also other people who can not Dutch or English (not abusive meant - Dutch is for German-speaking people a mixture of German and English, certainly with it's own pronunciation, words, etc.; so people who can German and English could understand Dutch with a little bit fantasy) and also interested in the Wiki. OK, there must not a Wiki with other languages, more important are the Keyboard Commands. As everybody knows, almost every country/language has it's own keyboard layout, so that should be in more languages.
It will be useful if the wiki will be in Czech :D . Because I am Czech (see a signature below my reply), I will be very proud, if the wiki will be in Czech. This will be also useful for my younger brother. He can't understand English and I always have to translate that articles from English to Czech for him. I am fed up with this tanslating for him and I think this will help a lot

Brozma
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
ECRice

Post by ECRice »

I speak English and Chinese, and I would be happy to help!