Metro Simulator has stopped working

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

uracco

Metro Simulator has stopped working

Post by uracco »

Hi guys,
Having seen how good this game looks even at an early stage, I downloaded the .zip file. I extracted it onto my external HDD, and launched it. however, after selecting a route (e.g Line A rush hour) the game waits a minute then crashes. Does anyone here know how to fix it? I've got an i3 processor, with Nvidia GeForce 425 graphics card.
nstomjanssen2000

Re: Metro Simulator has stopped working

Post by nstomjanssen2000 »

I don't know much about computer systems, but I think a Nvidia GeForce 425 isn't a big graphics card. Try to run the game in low settings, from internal HDD, as administrator and in Explore Mode.
Met hoogachtende groet, prof. dr. in. mr. Duymsuych, gepromoveerd in de Slag om de Coeck. Hierin sneuvelden 66 chocoladekoekjes, 72 speculaasjes, 101 stroopwafels, 145 ... [Dit relaas is onderbroken wegens het gebrek aan nut ervan.]
uracco

Post by uracco »

Hi,
First of all thanks for your response. I have tried running from the internal hard drive with no luck. Also, the graphics card is fairly powerful, as I can run far more graphical games at high settings. I also only set the graphics to medium, and now cannot find link to change them. I will try to run as administrator.
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

uracco wrote:I also only set the graphics to medium, and now cannot find link to change them.
Samuel wrote:Image

This setup can be found at:
msi. file: Windows start, search for MetroSimulator Beta Setup.
zip. file: Remove the render.cfg file at, C:\Users\Your username\AppData\Local\MetroSimulator
I'm not here.
uracco

Post by uracco »

Sadly, this hasn't helped. Maybe it's just my computer, and the game doesn't like it? I've changed the graphics, ran as admin to no avail. Just incase maybe the file structure is wrong here's what it looks like:
senjer

Post by senjer »

First of all your graphics card looks fine, otherwise the game doesn't launch at all or is slow while playing.

Do you run the simulator in full screen or in a window? When in full screen try window mode.
Does the crash also appear when loading explore mode or on a specific activity?
Have you tried to reinstall the simulator as .msi or .zip?

Do you play on a desktop or a laptop? So do you have a Geforce 425 or Geforce 425M?
And do you have more hardware info? You can find it by search dxdiag in the start menu and open the program.
uracco

Post by uracco »

senjer wrote:First of all your graphics card looks fine, otherwise the game doesn't launch at all or is slow while playing.

Do you run the simulator in full screen or in a window? When in full screen try window mode.
Does the crash also appear when loading explore mode or on a specific activity?
Have you tried to reinstall the simulator as .msi or .zip?

Do you play on a desktop or a laptop? So do you have a Geforce 425 or Geforce 425M?
And do you have more hardware info? You can find it by search dxdiag in the start menu and open the program.
1) I run fullscreen, so shall try windowed mode
2) The crash appears when I load anything, be it the 2013 route (all lines, all activities) or the 1982 route (again all lines all activities)
3) I've re-installed using both the .msi and the .zip several times
4) I play laptop
5) Hardware info:
CPU= Intel Core i3 M370 @ 2.4 ghz
RAM= 3GB
OS= Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Graphics= Nvidia GeForce 420M (not 425 as previously states)
375GB free
Video RAM 512 MB
Hardware T&LYes
Pixel Shader version 5.0
Vertex Shader version 5.0
EDIT
Windowed mode doesn't work either. I think there must be something with my computer
Koppara

Post by Koppara »

Interesting, better computer than my, and mine work not that well ( i play in low graphics )
uracco

Post by uracco »

I give up with this :(
MG2

Post by MG2 »

Isn't it the traditional directx problem? Try and install directx and see if it works.