[resolved] Turn signal

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

MG2

Re: [resolved] Turn signal

Post by MG2 »

senjer wrote:But in real life they won't be used.
No not anymore. (Vroeger wel :P ) The signals were used back in the day. It's more like, meet the standards of a streetcar (tram) as the trains operate like that in the eastern part of Rotterdam. This operation is named "Express tram" (Sneltram in Dutch) and is based on the German Stadtbahn ;)
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

The only reason they were really used for is as 'hazard' light when the traffic lights at a crossing are broken down. Even though in that case the vehicle itself is a lot more visible then those tiny lights, and will probably make no difference for visibility, but it's the law. For direction signal they were never really needed, as there are no switches on public roads where they would have to use the signal, all switches where the vehicles could possibly make a left or right turn are located on free track sections with no other traffic. So it's mainly because of regulations, not because they are actually being used (except sometimes for fun, I've seen a driver using them to go onto a tailtrack once).
HOY3

Post by HOY3 »

okay,okay, thanks!
PS: why this two lights illuminate when I brake ?
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

HOY3 wrote:why this two lights illuminate when I brake ?
They work the same as the red braking lights on the back of a car. In this case they work as a turn signal and braking lights. ;)
I'm not here.
MG2

Post by MG2 »

Michiel wrote:So it's mainly because of regulations, not because they are actually being used (except sometimes for fun, I've seen a driver using them to go onto a tailtrack once).
Yes, or when splitting up to Ommoord or Zevenkamp/Nesselande at President Rooseveltweg :P Very common back in the day as well :)
HOY3

Post by HOY3 »

Hello,
A question: RSG3 /SG3 material doesn't have this turn signal. The Dutch law have changed?
nstomjanssen2000

Post by nstomjanssen2000 »

I think so, in real life the signals aren't used. (I mean until they stopped riding ;) )
Met hoogachtende groet, prof. dr. in. mr. Duymsuych, gepromoveerd in de Slag om de Coeck. Hierin sneuvelden 66 chocoladekoekjes, 72 speculaasjes, 101 stroopwafels, 145 ... [Dit relaas is onderbroken wegens het gebrek aan nut ervan.]
HOY3

Post by HOY3 »

thanks !
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Actually they have, it just hasn't been added to the simulator yet.
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

I'm American. We use hazard light in the train yard all the time. I wish the A or B line was extended 1 last time on a public road so we have a purpose for turning signals. (Even though B was never extended)
This is now a dead account.