Simvliet Network Expansion

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

metrolord

Re: Simvliet Network Expansion

Post by metrolord »

Sjoerd wrote: 05 Jul 2020, 16:59 And the trolleypole would need to be made possible in the simulator.

Which then would also mean I'd have to make some updates to the Toronto add-on, as the CLRV and ALRV trams would need to be converted (I had to fit them with pantographs, as old-fashioned trolleys are not an option in the simulator), and the overhead wiring too (for example; overhead wire switches).
That will be cool if the development team will do that, I will wait for that
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.
alexandru987

Post by alexandru987 »

Can i just say , Train Sim has trains and metros and trams , and also Omsi bus , has buses , trams and trains .
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

The best way if you want to overtake each other is very simple. Get on a bus. And in The Netherlands we only 1 trolleybusnetwork in the whole country that still runs. And that's the one in Arnhem. And there are no maps at all as 4 track subway system like New York. (It's not necessary.)
Attachments
Breng_5243,_Arnhem_station.jpg
Breng_5243,_Arnhem_station.jpg (341.6 KiB) Viewed 3159 times
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

And it's due to be extended; I recently read somewhere that Arnhem wants to go for 100% trolleybusses, including on regional lines, like to Wageningen. They will use "Trolleybus 2.0" for that, which means busses that charge batteries while using overhead wires, so they can also drive electrically when there are no overhead wires available. However, as some planned destinations are a bit too far for batterypower alone (battery's are heavy; you want to minimize the number needed), that means overhead wires will be extended. That extension could be directly attached to the existing network, or it could be a separate section, in order to recharge while still continueing driving.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Cirkellijn

Post by Cirkellijn »

Oh no ... :D Then i can only say three Things to end this all: Planes and Ships (and maybe Zeppelins in 4.0) ;)

But no joke; What do you think about a Simvliet Airport Shuttle Service? And where would you like to have Metro Lines E and F go in the Future (Please serious Answers). I would also -as already mentioned- extend the Sprinter Service from Centraal to Delfsblaak further into the Countryside and make Oostpark - Delfsblaak a single-track Shuttle Line (dont know why but i feel like Simvliet needs something like that). :lol:
A Tram is good, but a Metro is better! 8-)
metrolord

Post by metrolord »

Cirkellijn wrote: 05 Jul 2020, 19:10 Oh no ... :D Then i can only say three Things to end this all: Planes and Ships (and maybe Zeppelins in 4.0) ;)

But no joke; What do you think about a Simvliet Airport Shuttle Service? And where would you like to have Metro Lines E and F go in the Future (Please serious Answers). I would also -as already mentioned- extend the Sprinter Service from Centraal to Delfsblaak further into the Countryside and make Oostpark - Delfsblaak a single-track Shuttle Line (dont know why but i feel like Simvliet needs something like that). :lol:
PLANES AND SHIPS?! That would be Transport Simulator, at least the trolleybus idea was somehow possible
metrolord

Post by metrolord »

Also, don't base everything on Netherlands. The trolleybuses in my country (Ukraine) are VERY popular.
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Every east european city are very popular with trolleybuses.
Cirkellijn

Post by Cirkellijn »

First it was only a joke, i dont want to add Planes and Ships, I would prefer Trolleybuses too. :D ;)

But i would definetely add some more Metro Lines to Simvliet. Rjindam has 7 Metro Lines, 3 Tram Lines, 2 Commuter Lines and even some smaller Extras (Airport Shuttle, Museum Excursion etc.). Simvliet "only" has 3 Metro Lines, 1 Lightrail Line, 1 Tram Line and an incomplete Commuter Railway Network. Im not critisising any of Michiels hard work and i know how much work, time and effort it needs to build such a map -also i REALLY love Simvliet- but i would just like to see some Progress on the Network.

And yes, i agree on the Trolleybus Plan; I wouldnt base everything in the Netherlands, although it can be the Main Part with Simvliet and Rjindam. But i also like to see that British Maps like Glasgow and London are being developed. So at the Point of Trolleybuses i would like to see something in Eastern Europe, as i think Trolleybuses are more common there.
A Tram is good, but a Metro is better! 8-)
gabrielastock

Post by gabrielastock »

Cirkellijn wrote: 05 Jul 2020, 12:26 "Metro Simulator Beta" - its already a crime to add Trams and Commuter Trains, so if Buses are added then its "Transport Simulator Beta"

Then what's this ;)
Attachments
16694442965_08c1af9bdb_c.jpg
16694442965_08c1af9bdb_c.jpg (112.41 KiB) Viewed 3068 times