0xc000007b error

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

HOY3

0xc000007b error

Post by HOY3 »

IMPORTANT EDIT: I have solved my problem. If you read this topic in order to get a solution for yours, please read the following.
(this tutorial is valid at least for W10 Personal, I don't know for the other versions of this OS)

Step 1: if you have all your personal data on the system drive (by default it's C:/) then save them. If not, this is facultative.
Step 2: go to Settings (Windows + I) and go to "update and security" (the page with the two arrows) and go to "recovery". Then, click on "begin" (the first button) to reset your PC. Choose if you want keep your files (what I've did) or not. Then, choose if you want to recovery by MS Cloud data or, if you have W10 external bootable disk and you want to use it, the second option (I choose the first one)
Step 3: Reset your PC
Step 4: once Windows has did all he wanted to do, install 2005, 2008 and 2015 versions of Microsoft Visual C++ (both X86 [32 bits] and X64 [64 bits]) and OpenAL.
Step 5: at this point, you could normally launch MS Beta. Enjoy it.

======================================================================

Hello everyone,

I tried today to download Beta 3.15 on my new PC, but I can't launch it: 0xc000007b error, this application cannot be launched properly.
I know there's some topics related to that error, but no any solution is functional for me.
This is what I've done:
- I updated Direct X (I have 12's one)
- I have the last drivers for my GPU
- I downloaded some dll that I copy into System32 and SysWOW64. And between that, the .exe wasn't functional.
- I reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++, so I have 2013 and 2015/7/9 version
- I have also Microsoft.net Silverlight V5.1

Here's the DxDiag information of my PC Specs: https://www.transfernow.net/yD9dRs062020

Thanks by advance
HOY3
Last edited by HOY3 on 01 Jul 2020, 13:40, edited 1 time in total.
Sjoerd

Re: 0xc000007b error

Post by Sjoerd »

CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
HOY3

Post by HOY3 »

I already tried the 7 first steps without success and I don't want to switch to another OS
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

A search on the forum came up with this old post... Perhaps there is something here that might help:
Sjoerd wrote: 08 Jan 2015, 11:40 I have googled the error code you gave us. I have found the following:
fix 0xc00007b error "the application was unable to start correctly"

there may be multiple reasons as to why you might receive 0xc00007b error when trying to run an application on a windows machine. 0xc000007b error usually comes from mixing up 32bit environment with 64bit one. For example 32bit application loads a 64bit dll causing 0xc000007b error.

Solution 1
In most cases it's .NET framework causing issues. This can easily fixed by re-installing latest .NET framework from [link]

Solution 2
Re-install the application that you are trying to run. It sounds simple but the application data files could be corrupt or missing. This could be caused by a installation that did not complete successfully or by a virus.

Solution 3
Running the application as an administrator could fix this error. Right click on the program shortcut or program .exe file, then click on Properties, and on the Compatibility tab. Check the Run this program as an administrator box, and click on OK

Solution 4
Restart your computer as some applications require restart after installation to function properly.

Solution 5
Run Windows update as it can provide application fixes and updates. Furthermore it installs missing drivers and updates the outdated ones like graphic card drivers. Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 users need to search for "windows update". select all important and optional updates and click on the "install updates" button. If you use Windows XP navigate navigate to Windows Update by choosing Start > All Programs > Windows Update. When the scan is complete,Click the Review and Install Updates link. Finally press the "install now" button.

Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1

Windows XP

Solution 6
manually update the application if possible.

Solution 7
re-install Microsoft Visual C++ from [x32 link] or [x64 link]

Solution 8
re-install DirectX [link]

Solution 9
Many times hard disk problems can be repaired using the chkdsk command. If you are using windows 7 press the start button in bottom left corner of your screen. If you are using windows 8 / 8.1 press the windows key .Search for "cmd" and Right click it and select "Run as administrator". Windows XP users Click on start > run. In the Run box, type in "cmd" in the box.
Windows 7:

Windows 8 / 8.1

Windows XP

A CMD window should appear. In that window you can just type it as you see "chkdsk c: /f /r". If you have more then one drive or partition, you will need to tell it the disk (chkdsk d: /f /r).
If it is the primary windows disk c: it will ask you to schedule it for next boot. When you restart, it will do a chkdsk for you before even getting to the login screen.

Solution 10
This solution only works for a 64-bit system. It requires replacing files is system32 directory so be careful. Only attempt this solution if you are confident and if other solutions have failed. When Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is not properly configured it may cause 0xc00007b error. Firstly download the zip file [link] and decompress it. Reboot in safe mode and go to C:\Windows\System32. copy all files included in the zip package (mfc100.dll, mfc100u.dll, msvcr100.dll, msvcp100.dll and msvcr100_clr0400.dll) to C:\Windows\System32 replacing the current ones. After that reboot in normal mode.
Source: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/i ... 0007b.html
HOY3

Post by HOY3 »

Sjoerd wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 09:26 A search on the forum came up with this old post... Perhaps there is something here that might help:

I have googled the error code you gave us. I have found the following:
fix 0xc00007b error "the application was unable to start correctly"

there may be multiple reasons as to why you might receive 0xc00007b error when trying to run an application on a windows machine. 0xc000007b error usually comes from mixing up 32bit environment with 64bit one. For example 32bit application loads a 64bit dll causing 0xc000007b error.

Solution 1
In most cases it's .NET framework causing issues. This can easily fixed by re-installing latest .NET framework from [link]
HOY3 wrote: - I have also Microsoft.net Silverlight V5.1
Solution 2
Re-install the application that you are trying to run. It sounds simple but the application data files could be corrupt or missing. This could be caused by a installation that did not complete successfully or by a virus.

Did that 3 times

Solution 3
Running the application as an administrator could fix this error. Right click on the program shortcut or program .exe file, then click on Properties, and on the Compatibility tab. Check the Run this program as an administrator box, and click on OK

Same error

Solution 4
Restart your computer as some applications require restart after installation to function properly.
I just do that to apply an update (feature update 2004) and again, error.
Solution 5
Run Windows update as it can provide application fixes and updates. Furthermore it installs missing drivers and updates the outdated ones like graphic card drivers. Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 users need to search for "windows update". select all important and optional updates and click on the "install updates" button. If you use Windows XP navigate navigate to Windows Update by choosing Start > All Programs > Windows Update. When the scan is complete,Click the Review and Install Updates link. Finally press the "install now" button.

Yesterday I was on the before last update, and today i'm on the last one.
Solution 6
manually update the application if possible.
I don't see how I can for MS Beta, it's the 3.15 that I tried to install, not Beta 3.5
Solution 7
re-install Microsoft Visual C++ from [x32 link] or [x64 link]
HOY3 wrote:- I reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++, so I have 2013 and 2015/7/9 version
Solution 8
re-install DirectX [link]
HOY3 wrote:- I updated Direct X (I have 12's one)
Solution 9
Many times hard disk problems can be repaired using the chkdsk command. If you are using windows 7 press the start button in bottom left corner of your screen. If you are using windows 8 / 8.1 press the windows key .Search for "cmd" and Right click it and select "Run as administrator". Windows XP users Click on start > run. In the Run box, type in "cmd" in the box.
Didn't mention but did that for the System SSD (C:) and the programs HDD (D:, where MS is installed), no problem spotted. Oh, and I did that as adminstrator (cannot be performed in regular user)
Solution 10
This solution only works for a 64-bit system. It requires replacing files is system32 directory so be careful. Only attempt this solution if you are confident and if other solutions have failed. When Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is not properly configured it may cause 0xc00007b error. Firstly download the zip file [link] and decompress it. Reboot in safe mode and go to C:\Windows\System32. copy all files included in the zip package (mfc100.dll, mfc100u.dll, msvcr100.dll, msvcp100.dll and msvcr100_clr0400.dll) to C:\Windows\System32 replacing the current ones. After that reboot in normal mode.
I just tried again, (already do that but not in safe mode). I can copy the first 3 ones, but not the 4th. And that doesn't work.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Then just try to remove all files of Metrosimulator, including those under C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\MetroSimulator, and then redownload and reinstall everything.

If that still doesn't solve it, do the same with DirectX
HexxOP

Post by HexxOP »

Probably not your issue, but I know that I had a similar (or this ?) error when the sim weren't assigned to any active audio output, it was crashing before even loading the map list.
HOY3

Post by HOY3 »

Meanwhile, I just tried to reinstall windows, and then reinstall OpenAL and some versions of C++ visual, and IT WORKS!

Thank you anyway Sjoerd for trying to help me. I will edit my first message in order to place the solution for anyone who will have the same problem.