Beta 3.16

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Jim2016

Re: Beta 3.16

Post by Jim2016 »

Sjoerd wrote: 14 Jun 2020, 17:26 Some stations are named after elements from movies or television series.... Can you find them all? :D
Little Whining, from Harry Potter's Little Whinging :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

That's one, indeed :D
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
BritDriver

Post by BritDriver »

Michiel wrote: 14 Jun 2020, 17:44 And the official route map. Can you guess where the other lines will be in future versions? :D
You could extend the orange line northwestwards to the river.
MetroRio

Post by MetroRio »

Michiel wrote: 14 Jun 2020, 19:50 Well, we haven't decided on a name yet, so if you have any suggestions do post them. Maybe we do a poll, or maybe we just pick one ourselves. Maybe we give an early access copy to the best suggestion (but not to people spamming multiple names, one per person).
Hmmm.. The Thames Metropolitan :lol:
Cheers from Rio de Janeiro :D
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

Michiel wrote: 14 Jun 2020, 19:50 Well, we haven't decided on a name yet, so if you have any suggestions do post them. Maybe we do a poll, or maybe we just pick one ourselves. Maybe we give an early access copy to the best suggestion (but not to people spamming multiple names, one per person).
I think calling it Thameslink/ is a bit of a cop out so perhaps Thamesmead or Thamesland :lol: :lol:
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol:
VirtualGamer

Post by VirtualGamer »

The city of Thames, with the London river passing through it. :P
Domi2005

Post by Domi2005 »

Nice route, gonna love it for sure! ;)
My name suggestion is "Anglic Metro" because it's set in England and I want to break away from the Thames theme. :D
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

In Grand Theft Auto series, Liberty City is based on New York, and Los Santos based on Los Angeles. Both Cities are smaller
than their real-life counterparts. Liberty City, however, does have a subway system based on the New York subway.

I can also suggest 'City of Beck', named after Harry Beck who designed the famous London Underground map. That would be
an appropriate name for the new route.

In fact, there was a fictional line for BVE years ago called the 'Beck Line', which was located in real-life london. The Beck Line
ran from Holborn to Elephant and Castle. Phase two extension was planned (for BVE route that is), but got cancelled. This was
16 years ago now.
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

AlistairCowell wrote: 15 Jun 2020, 17:40 In Grand Theft Auto series, Liberty City is based on New York, and Los Santos based on Los Angeles. Both Cities are smaller
than their real-life counterparts. Liberty City, however, does have a subway system based on the New York subway.
RockstarGames is a joke in my eyes. They massacred LACMTA.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
MSB4THOMAS

Post by MSB4THOMAS »

Michiel wrote: 14 Jun 2020, 17:44 And the official route map. Can you guess where the other lines will be in future versions? :D
‘City of Kings’
Probably doesn’t make sense but I thought of it based on the amount of big stations I saw being Ealing Central, Beckton Junction, Acton Central and Aldgate. :lol: