Simvliet city map

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

metrolord

Simvliet city map

Post by metrolord »

Hi. I am playing Cities Skylines alot now and I am interested in recreatng Simvliet map in this game. I have a question: is there a map of Simvliet (not only the metro) city? Or there is no plans for the city, only for the metro?
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.
Michiel
Site Admin

Re: Simvliet city map

Post by Michiel »

There is this map I made many many years ago, it never got updated for Delfsblaak and the Simvliet Lightrail though
Attachments
SimvlietCityMap.png
SimvlietCityMap.png (53.62 KiB) Viewed 3602 times
metrolord

Post by metrolord »

Michiel wrote: 28 May 2020, 10:56 There is this map I made many many years ago, it never got updated for Delfsblaak and the Simvliet Lightrail though
And what are these black, purple, red and blue lines?
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

metrolord wrote: 28 May 2020, 11:21
Michiel wrote: 28 May 2020, 10:56 There is this map I made many many years ago, it never got updated for Delfsblaak and the Simvliet Lightrail though
Red lines is Simvliet Metro. Blue lines is Heavy Rail. Magenta lines is Motorway Network.
Black lines is boundaries between parks, commercial areas, residential areas, rivers, etc.

However the motorway does cross the heavy rail line near Delfblaak as shown, which is not the case on actual Simvliet 2020
map in the sim, so the map must be at the concept stage back then before Hageningen and Zoutplas was even added.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Motorway could be in a tunnel :D
metrolord

Post by metrolord »

AlistairCowell wrote: 28 May 2020, 13:00
metrolord wrote: 28 May 2020, 11:21
Red lines is Simvliet Metro. Blue lines is Heavy Rail. Magenta lines is Motorway Network.
Black lines is boundaries between parks, commercial areas, residential areas, rivers, etc.

However the motorway does cross the heavy rail line near Delfblaak as shown, which is not the case on actual Simvliet 2020
map in the sim, so the map must be at the concept stage back then before Hageningen and Zoutplas was even added.
Thanks! Will start recreating from screenshots, maps and some other stuff. But as a map and not a city (no city roads on this map, only highways) where it is possible to create your own city.
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

It would also be nice if any OMSI 2 mappers could do the same and focus on the bus routes of Simvliet & Rijndam. :cool:
Light Rail rapid transit (Tram-train) > Metro
MG2

Post by MG2 »

Many many months rather than years because it was just just three years ago when you showed this map below which was less up to date. I guess it's this one you're referring to?
Attachments
Simvliet.jpg
Simvliet.jpg (97.77 KiB) Viewed 3371 times
metrolord

Post by metrolord »

MG2 wrote: 29 May 2020, 12:55
Many many months rather than years because it was just just three years ago when you showed this map below which was less up to date. I guess it's this one you're referring to?
So this is the map with city roads shown
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

It's the same map, but it has multiple layers (like possible future extensions for the metro). So Simvliet Poort was already on it, but hidden in the previous export. And this time I've hidden the background layer.