Lawsuit

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sgt_DeBones

Lawsuit

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

This Just In...

A lawsuit was filed against Simvliet RET for malfunctioning signals that caused casualties. It was approximately 2:30pm on a Tuesday afternoon when a train struck a family of 3. The train was bound for Simvliet Centraal approaching the Zerwijk station when an AHOB failed to activate. Passengers and witnesses describes it as a flash incident. Claims were also filed that the crossing had been for a while malfunctioning but no maintenance crew were sent out to fix the issue.

Now RET is cooperating with local authorities to investigate the issues to resolve the technical problems. EMS, and LEO are on scene removing the corpses from under the train.

Passengers are now required to transfer to a bus bridge at Simvliet Buiten and Zoutplas Centrum to shuttle around the incident. Zerwijk Station is closed until further notice.
Screenshot (26) Resize.png
Screenshot (26) Resize.png (230.13 KiB) Viewed 3701 times
Our condolences goes out to the family of the three. This is SimNET5 LIVE, reporting from Zerwijk.

Also, how was that tittle scare for y'all? :twisted:
And yes, I know I'm a month late...
Last edited by Sgt_DeBones on 20 May 2020, 02:02, edited 2 times in total.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
Nicolas

Re: Lawsuit

Post by Nicolas »

You are really honoring that last setence in your signature aren't you? :mrgreen:
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Nicolas wrote: 19 May 2020, 23:07 You are really honoring that last setence in your signature aren't you? :mrgreen:
Hey man, blame the virus. I'm pretty sure nearly everyone here has nothing to do too. I have so much free time that is being wasted on laying around. I could be creating activities but I'm just not in the mood. I could also be modeling but I'm broke. Can't afford those subscriptions atm. Plus this is a unique way to report a bug. What's your excuse? :P
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Sgt_DeBones wrote: 20 May 2020, 01:58 Hey man, blame the virus. I'm pretty sure nearly everyone here has nothing to do too.
Actually, it is a pretty busy period. I might not be allowed to go to the office, but all work-projects still move foreward. That means a lot of video-conferencing and working from home. ;) At least I save time by not having to do home<->work travel. :D
I have so much free time that is being wasted on laying around. I could be creating activities but I'm just not in the mood. I could also be modeling but I'm broke.
You don't have to invest money to do some modeling; Just use Sketchup, you can do that free.
If you can make this; I'll place it in the route; https://goo.gl/maps/qB8tqS8f83dq1bcz7 ;)
(Just practice a bit first to learn the program ;) )
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

Line D in Simvliet is operated by RandstadRail. Whoever is involved that caused an fatal incident that claimed three lives will be in great deal of trouble. Leaving a malfunctioning level crossing for a while is very dangerous.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

I've checked with the police and fortunately this turned out to be fake news, nobody was injured as people in Zeerwijk are very well aware that the double cross sign means you have to yield to any rail vehicle regardless or whether the light is red or not.
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

Michiel wrote: 20 May 2020, 13:29 I've checked with the police and fortunately this turned out to be fake news, nobody was injured as people in Zeerwijk are very well aware that the double cross sign means you have to yield to any rail vehicle regardless or whether the light is red or not.
What if, what your saying is fake news ;)
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

perfecttrains1000 wrote: 20 May 2020, 13:47
Michiel wrote: 20 May 2020, 13:29 I've checked with the police and fortunately this turned out to be fake news...
What if, what your saying is fake news ;)
Especially when it was reported live. :mrgreen:
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

There is no mention of the issue in the database of failures, so as far as the Simvliet Transport Authority goes the issue is non-existent. Otherwise staff would have been deployed to safeguard the crossing until the issue was fixed ;)
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Isn't it just a missing connection/string of coding for the Simvliet bound track? That should be an easy fix.