Pausing the simulation? Activity completion?

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Nicolas

Pausing the simulation? Activity completion?

Post by Nicolas »

I know pausing is not possible in the game as of right now, but I wonder if it's planned for the future. We have the AI mode in case we momentarily need to leave the game, but I ask for those who sometimes want to fully complete a shift by themselves and don't want to rely on automatic operation, thus missing part of the activity in case something IRL requires their attention.

Something like "activity completed" at the end of activities would be nice too, and also offer the option to continue playing if the player desires.
Sjoerd

Re: Pausing the simulation? Activity completion?

Post by Sjoerd »

Yes, a pauze feature could be nice to have, or if that's too difficult to programm, perhaps a feature to slow down time (to lets say 0,01x), like we can already speed it up. @Michiel..... For the wishlist ;)

A pop-up message box saying things like "activity completed" would not be an asset in my opinion (it would just be annoying). If you have reached the end of the instructions for your train, you already know you have completed it. Or perhaps you set your assigned train on AI, and took over another one somewhere else in the activity instead.
And if you want to continue longer; most activity's I made in the Rijndam/Glasgow/Toronto networks are based on a all-day basis-activity, so they just continue until service ends around midnight.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
PetttRocket

Post by PetttRocket »

is it possible to make a second day ?
Activitys from Friday to Saturday would nice because because of the other frequency at the different days and a night service
Hi
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Ofcourse you can make an activity that continues on a new day..... Just the clock won't reset; after 23:59 it just continues with 24:00.
PetttRocket

Post by PetttRocket »

is it also possible to set the start time to -01:00
And, so it is possible to let the activity end after 168 hours?

If someone has nothing to do the person can do it like a job.
Example
M1 05:30 - 08:00, 10:30 - 13:00, 15:30 - 18:00 and then end of working day
Hi
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I don't think negative time is possible.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Speeding up the time is certainly very useful, when you select a general activity with all lines working and you want to play during certain time of the day instead of beginning very early in the morning. Maybe slowing down the time to a very low value would work well as a "pause" feature. Like in the game "SUPERHOT".
Sjoerd wrote: 10 May 2020, 21:37A pop-up message box saying things like "activity completed" would not be an asset in my opinion (it would just be annoying). If you have reached the end of the instructions for your train, you already know you have completed it.
I know just a mere pop-up stating the obvious wouldn't be a great addition to the game. I was thinking more of an evaluation of the player's performance during the activity; whether or not they met the timetable, opened the doors on the right side, closed them at the right moment, were careful with the acceleration and braking, raised or lowered the pantograph / shoes when needed... But I figure all of this must be a nightmare to develop just for something that will appear when you finish your ingame duty.
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

If you really need to take a quick break from playing as something irl requires your attention, you can right click the top window bar in windowed mode (where you'll find minimize, close, etc). As long as that right click menu is open, the game is paused.

But you can't do anything else on your PC if thats what you want since closing that dialog window will resume the game.
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
brozma

Post by brozma »

MetroSimGermany wrote: 13 May 2020, 09:57 If you really need to take a quick break from playing as something irl requires your attention, you can right click the top window bar in windowed mode (where you'll find minimize, close, etc). As long as that right click menu is open, the game is paused.

But you can't do anything else on your PC if thats what you want since closing that dialog window will resume the game.
Wow, that actually works. I tried it myself and it really worked. The sim really halted all of the activity in it. Only sounds are still playing after "pause."
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English