Release: Rijndam Railways 2022

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

PetttRocket

Re: Release: Rijndam Railways 2022

Post by PetttRocket »

brozma wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 16:59
Somebody didn't like the fact, that Denia cancelled railway connection and "connected" itself to metro/tram network, so he/she traveled from 2022 back to 2006 and convinced mayor of the Rijndam (possibly Sjoerd) to disagree with cancellation of railway connection to Denia and merging the track to metro/tram network, and also convinced the mayor not to expand metro/tram network to Denia in the future. When he/she returned from 2006 back to 2022, the result was this map.
Remember that a tram is existing
Correction of the story:

Now(in 2022) the FGV is testing a new Tram Service between Rijndam Zuid and Denia.
Hi
brozma

Post by brozma »

Glitch detected!!

Description: When I was simulating an express train from Rijndam Centraal to Zeeburg Haven, after passing Groenburg and passing the level crossing behind the station I suddenly got the 10 permissief signal. I enabled ATB-EG bypass, slowed down to 40 km/h and proceeded to Zeeburg. After stopping at Zeeburg Centraal, I wanted to check CVL console to see if, the path to Zeeburg Haven is set and clear, and I saw an "Imaginary train" on track section between Groenburg and Zeeburg. See screenshot.

Screenshot:
Glitch.jpg
Glitch.jpg (185.58 KiB) Viewed 3727 times
Train consist on screenshot:
This was the only train I spawned. No another train was spawned.
1st: NS 1700 (Sprinter) serving as a primary locomotive of the train.
2nd: CC72000 Class locomotive (Sewing machine) serving as a secondary locomotive of the train, inactive on screenshot. only planned to be used in section between Zeeburg Centraal and Zeeburg Haven, where NS 1700 could be useless, due to lack of the catenary wiring.
3rd: Front ICm car.
4th: Rear ICm car.
5th: ICmh car, planned to be used during return from Zeeburg Haven to Rijndam Centraal.

Explore mode or activity? => Explore mode. I was doing a post-release test of the map.

Affects the sim? => Yes. When I tried to set a path which closes level crossing in Groenburg in direction to Zeeburg, the signal before the crossing stayed red. This can potentionally disrupt traffic!

Note: The consist of the train's locomotives isn't new to me. This is exactly how in Czech republic are locomotives set, when train swaps between the electrified and non-electrified track sections on it's route.

When the train is on electrified track, the diesel locomotive has it's engine and cabins off and only transmits power to the accesorries in the passenger cars behind itself and also powers it's own accesorries (Charges it's battery, gives power to the various system inside itself etc). The electric locomotive generates propulsion and serves as a power supply.

When the train is on non-electrified track. The diesel locomotive has it's engine on, generates propulsion and serves as power suply. The electric locomotive has it's pantos dropped down and has it's traction circuit disabled. Only control circuits are enabled and give commands to diesel locomotive, when accelerate, when coast and when slow down.

If you think, that diesel locomotive can generate power for electric locomotive traction circuits and both can generate propulsion, the answer is: no! Most electric locomotives like NS 1700 are really power hungry, and most diesel locomotive's electric generators isn't strong enough to power them.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
PetttRocket

Post by PetttRocket »

Sjoerd,
I love the News Tram But:
Ist is very impractical at Westwoud and that there is no really way to the platform At Denia+
All platforms are a bit too low
Hi
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 21:51 Glitch detected!!
Found the problem and fixed it.
Strange; this problem shouldn't have existed, as there has been no change in this part of the network since Rijndam 2022 v1.4.
Well, solved it anyway.

-> https://filehorst.de/d/dApbzEoA (Link updated)
Last edited by Sjoerd on 28 Apr 2020, 10:31, edited 2 times in total.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Johannes713

Post by Johannes713 »

There is a bug if you pass zeeburg to groenburg the CVL says that there are 2 trains but theres only one train
I cant show a screen shot
brozma

Post by brozma »

Sjoerd wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 22:24 Found the problem and fixed it.
Strange; this problem shouldn't have existed, as there has been no change in this part of the network since Rijndam 2022 v1.4.
Well, solved it anyway.

-> https://filehorst.de/d/dFahEapt
Thanks! Yeah, it's weird that it even occured. But it was coincidence, that I discovered it. I was just simulating an express train, and suddenly it occured. BTW you should saw my face when that happened. At first I was like: :shock: :?:, then I was like: :? :x
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Johannes713 wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 22:56 There is a bug if you pass zeeburg to groenburg the CVL says that there are 2 trains but theres only one train
I cant show a screen shot
OMG another one? I'll get right on it! :evil:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Detection malfunction Groenburg direction Essim/Hondwijk/Hemlo now also fixed.

https://filehorst.de/d/dApbzEoA (link updated)
Last edited by Sjoerd on 28 Apr 2020, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.
koeleboe

Post by koeleboe »

Another "bug" I found: the first railroad crossing between Rijndam Landgoed and Rijndam Zuid (direction Ypeburg) doesn't close in time, especially for the IC.
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

brozma wrote: 28 Apr 2020, 09:58
I guess this is a map editor issue. Editor messed up something in Rijndam CVL coding.

That's possibly map editor issue. Some bit of code in Rijndam CVL was corrupted by an editor
A good reason we don't have the valuable tools in our hands :D
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol: