New NS suggestions

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

blanderrr

Re: New NS suggestions

Post by blanderrr »

Thanks for the insight.
After a bit more research, the German IC2 uses Twindexx Vario double deck cars and also runs at 160km/h.
I wonder if any systems were put in place for passenger comfort there...
Last edited by blanderrr on 02 Apr 2020, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

sorry i just couldnt stand it and i felt like having to explain the situation on our HSL. When heatwaves occur the first airco trains to fail are the VIRM's due to their imperfections and their tractionmotor coolers who cant keep up with 30 degrees celcius. I yet have to experience a heatwave when im taking a train myself but it isnt pleasant. I have been on a very very hot metro without airco and it was NOT a pleasant experience to say the least. let stand if you strand with your VIRM which turns into a oven which transports people. Not too fun
Usually found in the 1700 and the 186 043/186 122
blanderrr

Post by blanderrr »

So more digging reveals that the Twindexx Swiss Express version has a tilt mechanism installed.
Would this lessen the "sliding" effect on the passengers? Maybe it would be a good idea to fit better cooling systems + air-conditioning
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Tilting system only works when the track is not curved. See this image i quickly made to see what happens.

If we were to tilt the train we risk the pantograph not making contact with the overhead wires because they account for a train using the curved track in a curve.

However to avoid annoying Michiel and mods please send me a PM as this is turning into chatting and not forumposting
Usually found in the 1700 and the 186 043/186 122
blanderrr

Post by blanderrr »

(I sent you a PM)
brozma

Post by brozma »

Lincoln wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 10:38 Tilting system only works when the track is not curved. See this image i quickly made to see what happens.
Pffft! This system isn't new to me. An electric express unit ČD 680 called "Pendolino" has this system aswell. It also tilts when it enters a curve. I took a ride in it once on express line from Prague to Pardubice, and sometimes I didn't even notice it is tilted.
Well, but I don't think this would be useful in Czech republic, because we don't have any "true" HSL lines, only some "pseudo-HSL" lines, where maximum speed is 160 km/h. Pretty lame, I guess. Yeah there's some plans of "true" HSL lines to be build, but nothing was done 'till nowadays for it.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
blinkie123

Post by blinkie123 »

Our HSL (NL) is limited too 160 km/h too I think. It supports going faster, but we don't have good rolling stock for that. If you wanna know what happend with the older rolling stock search Fyra V250
Founder and owner of [REDACTED].
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

blinkie123 wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 05:15 Our HSL (NL) is limited too 160 km/h too I think.
The TRAXX hauled trains can only reach 160.
Thalys and Eurostar can use it at 300.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
blanderrr

Post by blanderrr »

brozma wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 19:17
Lincoln wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 10:38 Tilting system only works when the track is not curved. See this image i quickly made to see what happens.
Pffft! This system isn't new to me. An electric express unit ČD 680 called "Pendolino" has this system aswell. It also tilts when it enters a curve. I took a ride in it once on express line from Prague to Pardubice, and sometimes I didn't even notice it is tilted.
Well, but I don't think this would be useful in Czech republic, because we don't have any "true" HSL lines, only some "pseudo-HSL" lines, where maximum speed is 160 km/h. Pretty lame, I guess. Yeah there's some plans of "true" HSL lines to be build, but nothing was done 'till nowadays for it.
I think he/she means that the track is "tilted" with some camber.
In a double decker the uncomfortable effects would be amplified by the tilting system especially in the upper deck.
blanderrr

Post by blanderrr »

Okay, new idea!
Single decker HSL/sprinter passenger train (similar to the NS ICNG, with some styling cues from the FLIRT3)
When I say sprinter/HSL train, I mean a train that could be used for a limited express type service- high-speed for half the journey, followed by an all stop sprinter run to the terminus.