General discussions

Moderator: senjer

blinkie123

Re: Refrubished SG2

Post by blinkie123 »

Michiel wrote: 10 Mar 2020, 21:00 How about these? :lol:
SLoc.jpg
SGG1.jpg
Hey Michiel, for the SLoc you might wanna remove those those passenger door frames, because there are no passenger doors. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Founder and owner of [REDACTED].
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I think that "SLoc" would be better as a trackwork vehicle. So... Just add one set of doors, and an open internal area for storing tools (add a few storage racks for this inside) and track components.

Like this tram on the Amsterdam museum tramway;
https://www.flickr.com/photos/arthur-a/20781415116/
http://www.digitaletram.nl/actueel/2016 ... 141501.jpg
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

Sjoerd wrote: 11 Mar 2020, 14:23 I think that "SLoc" would be better as a trackwork vehicle. So... Just add one set of doors, and an open internal area for storing tools (add a few storage racks for this inside) and track components.
I'd agree with Sjoerd.

Another suggestion for the 'SLoc' is that it could be made as a locomotive for freight services on the Noorderpoort to Panbos Railway (Rijndam 1985) and could be made as a electric or diesel locomotive. Electro-diesel would be a good option.

And SGG1 single car units would be perfect for the Rijndam Airport Shuttleservice.

I did the picture of the railway variant of SG2 unit a while back:
Okay, there is a 3-car version of MG2 and SG2 units in the sim, but it is a pity there is no repaintable sets on 3-car variants.
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Ok, now how about a SG3 without the middle unit? PetttRocket literally just said this. But I'd like to see an SG2M. The SG2/1 was hyped up but just to find out that RET was either greedy or low on funds when designing the concept (1 cab).

I also had the idea of the Mauno Atlis variant utilizing 1 car, 1 articulated sectio, 1 pantograph, 3 bogies, about 28 - 30 meters long, cabs on each end, sync-able turning signals for paired operation, and even rear view mirrors. Basically, a US standardized high floor light rail vehicle variant (Like LA Metro, St. Louis MetroLink, SF Muni Metro, and Port Authority T LRT/Metro).

Fun fact, SF Muni and Port Authority T both uses high floor platforms while also having street boarding stops in the mix.
Last edited by Sgt_DeBones on 11 Mar 2020, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
PetttRocket

Post by PetttRocket »

Sgt_DeBones wrote: 11 Mar 2020, 16:39 Ok, now how about a SG3 without the middle unit? PetttRocket literally just said this. But I'd like to see an SG2M. The SG2/1 was hyped up but just to find out that RET was either greedy or low on funds when designing the concept (1 cab).

I also had the idea of the Mauno Atlis variant utilizing 1 car, 1 articulated sectio, 1 pantograph, about 28 - 30 meters long, cabs on each end, sync-able turning signals for paired operation, and even rear view mirrors. Basically, a US standardized high floor light rail vehicle variant (Like LA Metro, St. Louis MetroLink, SF Muni Metro, and Port Authority T LRT/Metro).

Fun fact, SF Muni and Port Authority T both uses high floor platforms while also having street boarding stops in the mix.
I think a SG2 in the length of two SG3 and one in length of one SG3
Then can the train drive with 1 car and it is as long as 2 SG2 units
Hi
blinkie123

Post by blinkie123 »

Sgt_DeBones wrote: 11 Mar 2020, 16:39The SG2/1 was hyped up but just to find out that RET was either greedy or low on funds when designing the concept (1 cab).
The cabless spot actually makes a pretty good sitting place. ;)
It's also used for wheelchairs and bikes from what I know.
Founder and owner of [REDACTED].
PetttRocket

Post by PetttRocket »

When will the refurbished train be released
Hi
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

PetttRocket wrote: 14 Mar 2020, 16:18 When will the refurbished train be released
It hasn't even been confirmed. Don't jump the gun.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
Trainzdriver328

Post by Trainzdriver328 »

Firstly, other things are worked on
A German Train Simulator Gamer! 🎮🎮 🚄🚄