Release: TRAXX (F140 MS2) (BR 186) + ICRm

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

brozma

Re: Release: TRAXX (F140 MS2) (BR 186) + ICRm

Post by brozma »

senjer wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 19:13 That's a good possibility. The TRAXX is also a heavy model compared to the other models in de simulator right now due to the high detail levels. And thanks to Sjoerd it's already a bit less heavy than the first versions.
Well, that explains why is metrosim freezing up when I load up TRAXX in explore mode and why my computer entirely and temporarily freezes up, when I click on TRAXX on bottom panel to get into it's cabin.
If you wonder why this happens, It's because of my RAM memory. I only have 4 GB of RAM and when I click on TRAXX on bottom panel, the sim tries to load it's model to RAM, but it starts running out of free space, the OS detects it and starts swapping incoming data to HDD cache. Durng swapping process the computer freezes, because CPU is overloaded with swapping task and can't accept new inputs. After some time. the swapping procwss is finished completely, computer unfreezes and metrosim gets back to normal.
If this happens to you, try to find, if you didn't left some memory consuming program opened. If yes, close it, If no, then try to scan your computer for any malware. If you find something, get rid of it. If you don't find anything, then you'll proabably don't have enough RAM installed in your PC/laptop. There's 2 options what to do:
1st: Get some RAM sticks and plug them in. If you have a desktop PC, then that's easy task. If you have laptop, then that's really tricky, I don't recommend you to do it, if you aren't experienced enough, let it someone experienced to install it instead.
2nd: get a blank (or formatted) USB memory flash drive and plug it into your computer. After it's plugged in, right click on the flash drive in "My computer", go to "properties" option and set up speed boost option. Click OK and wait. After this, The OS will use USB flash drive as a part of it's swapping cache (in some cases, it will prefer to write on USB flash drive insttead to HDD).

I already tried the 2nd option and it helped. The freeze after clicking on TRAXX was shorter and FPS lag spikes, which I am experiencing in Rijndam 2022 since version 1.3 were almost absent.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
JamesBond00737

Re: Release: TRAXX (F140 MS2) (BR 186) + ICRm

Post by JamesBond00737 »

Hello,

I think the easteregg could be the emergency brake at Ypenburg of the IC from Zeeburg to Rijndam Central with the green Traxx at the end of the IC Train.

Sincerly

JamesBond00737