NS ICM

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sgt_DeBones

Re: NS ICM

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Don't jinx the future please.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I have a cloud backup of the current status ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
MG2

Post by MG2 »

Sjoerd wrote: 08 Dec 2019, 16:27 The mBDk carriage (the end car with the pantographs) used to have a small kitchen to prepare the "Railtender" (the train equivalent of the food trolleys used in airplanes).
Yeah see this video from 1:17 :P : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSxh-UK7Ays
brozma

Post by brozma »

A4ex wrote: 08 Dec 2019, 16:52 Hope that you dont get a crash again
Just say it. Don't spray it! :P

@Sjoerd: So the reason, why is NS-ICM1 unfinished is computer crash. Well, I know how it's frustrating, you're not the only one, whose computer crashed or got bricked. Mine got bricked 2 years ago. In February 2017 when I wanted to boot up my computer and have fun in metrosim, I've got blue windows boot manager screen about BCD error. At first, I thought, that BIOS proabably read something badly in boot sector and hard rebooted the computer (turned it off and on), but the error didn't disappear, even after multiple reboots. I realized that my computer is bricked. So I gave it to my father and he took it to his workplace, where he has a good IT technician. A week later, My computer was fixed.
And why it was bricked? The boot sector in HDD was corrupted somehow, and the only way to fix it was doing a disc format and fresh OS install. Good thing I convinced the IT technician to give me a 64bit version of windows 8.1, otherwise I couldn't play metrosim.
But unlike you, I didn't lost much of the metrosim. I only lost metrosim and installed addons, which I redownloaded.

So Sjoerd if I were you, if you have HDD in your computer, try to find a tool which can diagnose a health status of your HDD and especially pay attention to ammount of bad sectors. If you have some bad sectors, but they aren't increasing and there isn't a lot of them, then don't worry. Many HDD's can deal with small ammounts of bad sectors. If you have a lot of bad sectors or they're increasing, then backup your remaining data ASAP and find a replacement. Don't worry about OS installation if you replace the HDD. Since windows 8.1, the windows product key is embedded in motherboard's BIOS, so if you replace the HDD and you don't replace the motherboard. Then during OS installation, the windows installer will scan the BIOS for product key, finds it and activates OS by itself.
But still don't forget about regular backuping of your data onto external storage device.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The harddrives weren't the problem; that component was still in good shape. The problem was (I think) overheating; one morning near the end of my vacation, I could not start it up anymore.
Back at the office later (when I returned from my vacation), the IT-guys could not retrieve the data; the company has a policy of using bitlocker on all harddrives in all computers. My laptop had been upgraded (or should that be "downgraded"? :roll: ) from Windows 7 to 10, also resetting the bitlocker codes..... And they forgot to register those codes. Result: the harddrives would not work in another computer, and as mine did not work anymore, the data was lost.
I took the harddrives out and contacted a few data retrieval companies (I was willing to pay myself to get it all back), but they all told me the same; bitlocker makes data retrieval impossible. In the end, I had to return the now essentially scrap-metal harddrives to the IT department. And I was issued a new laptop.
So, that's the story.

I lost the Zeeburg to Rijndam alternative-to-the-HSL railway, and most of the work on the ICM.
Meanwhile, a new Zeeburg to Rijndam railway has been build, and I am now in the proces of rebuilding the ICM.

---

Today; the destinations displays are functional again. I added a list of destinations for the Rijndam and Simvliet networks, and found a way to add a series of repaintable destinations (no need to switch over like in the München U-bahn train. On the ICM, the second half of the destination list will be repaintable).
For the repaintbale destinations, for now I just filled in a few Dutch city's (like Amsterdam, Haarlem, Leiden, Utrecht, Zwolle, and so on).

Also, I build in the trainconductor's office (in the sBk carriage.... Near the end of the train at the cab2 side). Pretty simple; a chair, a small desk (to register all the fines he/she has written out to passengers without valid tickets :lol: ), and a device to set the outside destination display. ;)

zandoodle

Post by zandoodle »

Sjoerd wrote: 09 Dec 2019, 20:01 Also, I build in the trainconductor's office (in the sBk carriage.... Near the end of the train at the cab2 side). Pretty simple; a chair, a small desk (to register all the fines he/she has written out to passengers without valid tickets :lol: ), and a device to set the outside destination display. ;)
Will that device be functional.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

When you change the destination, it will show here too. ;)
A4ex

Post by A4ex »

nice work
I like trains ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

On the outside and inside the train numbers have been installed (4011-4050). The passenger interior is now finished.
Next phase for this train will be to start work on the driver cabin.

Trainzdriver328

Post by Trainzdriver328 »

Sjoerd wrote: 10 Dec 2019, 19:58 On the outside and inside the train numbers have been installed (4011-4050). The passenger interior is now finished.
Next phase for this train will be to start work on the driver cabin.

I also noticed that the NS ICM does not speed up fast like the RR-DDM. I mean the unfinished version that is already in the game.
A German Train Simulator Gamer! 🎮🎮 🚄🚄