HELP CVL

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

psyko fr

HELP CVL

Post by psyko fr »

Hello, I am French and I have a little trouble understanding the CVL
is it possible to define a line to a train ??
and to define the return to the deposit?
Sgt_DeBones

Re: HELP CVL

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

psyko fr wrote: 09 Nov 2019, 09:16 is it possible to define a line to a train ??
and to define the return to the deposit?
In activities, you could reference a line by its duty number and its destination code. For an example: 10xx are Line 1 trains, 20xx are Line 2 trains, etc; and for the destination: 1001AB means a train is running from terminus A to terminus B and vise versa when it's 1001BA. The letters vary based on the station you're trying to get to. Example, in Rijndam: I'm operating line M1 from Centraal Station to Panbos. Central Station is C and Panbos is B. So my train will be 1053CB as my duty is to operate train 105, bearing 3 cars (or 9 cars to some people) and going from Central Station to Panbos. CB will set my path at switches and 105 displays on the DRIMs (but will not in Explorer Mode)
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
psyko fr

Post by psyko fr »

thank you, but how to find your way on the drim
What does the numbers mean xx53?
how do we know our train number?
how to know the letter of the ?
how should I give a train number if it does not?
HexxOP

Post by HexxOP »

Hello, just some things to complete a bit the answer above and to avoid misunderstandings,
CVL allows you to name your trains so the system automatically set paths based on their naming, it also allows you to directly set paths,
Train naming follows this pattern : 1234XY
123 is the train number, it can be anything from 100 to 999
4 is the number of cars.
X is the origin of your train.
Y is the destination of the train.
Train number must be unique, it usually doesn't change the way junction are going to behave (Note that on Simvliet2020, it changes paths for some junction).
The number of cars is basically the trains composition (equivalent to US/UM# of French rail systems).
The origin is the letter designating the depart station.
The destination is, as it's name suggest, the station (or maneuver sidewalk) where your train is supposed terminating.

Stations codes can be found at beginning of .cdt file of each map in your game files (code="_")
Here is for example Rijndam's one :

Code: Select all

<destinations>
  <destinationcode code="A" id="11"  name="Rijndam Airport"/>
  <destinationcode code="B" id="12"  name="Panbos (M1), Blaak (M6 & Tram)"/>
  <destinationcode code="C" id="6"   name="Centraal Station"/>
  <destinationcode code="D" id="17"  name="Denia"/>
  <destinationcode code="E" id="14"  name="Rijnwoude Dorp"/>
  <destinationcode code="F" id="40"  name="Airport Terminal 4"/>
  <destinationcode code="G" id="6"   name="Centraal Station (via Nationale Opera) of 's Gravendijk (Museumline)"/>
  <destinationcode code="H" id="70"  name="Garenmarkt (Tram only!) of Zeeburg Haven (Train)"/>
  <destinationcode code="I" id="6"   name="Centraal Station (via Burcht)"/>
  <destinationcode code="J" id="34"  name="Westpoort"/>
  <destinationcode code="K" id="69"  name="Ketelplein (Tram only)"/>
  <destinationcode code="L" id="90"  name="Rijndam Megastores"/>
  <destinationcode code="M" id="5"   name="Molenwijk"/>
  <destinationcode code="O" id="4"   name="Monument"/>
  <destinationcode code="P" id="7"   name="Noorderpoort"/>
  <destinationcode code="Q" id="39"  name="P40"/>
  <destinationcode code="R" id="10"  name="Rijnland ZKH"/>
  <destinationcode code="S" id="9"   name="Station Westplein (Metro, Train) of Statenpolder (Tram)"/>
  <destinationcode code="T" id="46"  name="Transferium Rijndijk of Tropicana"/>
  <destinationcode code="U" id="38"  name="P10 Langparkeren"/>
  <destinationcode code="V" id="8"   name="Noordvliet"/>
  <destinationcode code="W" id="42"  name="Transportmuseum (Metro), WKC De Bogaard (Tram)"/>

<destinationcode code="N" id="1"  name="Niet Instappen"/>
  <destinationcode code="X" id="2"  name="Gereserveerd (metro/tram) of Zeeburg (Train)"/>
  <destinationcode code="Y" id="20" name="Ypenburg (Train) of Station Buitenvelden (Tram)"/>
  <destinationcode code="Z" id="1"  name="Niet Instappen"/>

</destinations>
About deposits, you need to manually create paths if it's not already set in an activity file you're currently running.
CVL does not control (at least for the moment) AI and schedules, those must be created as a .act file, so if you set a train, you still need to manually take control and drive it or turn on AI.

Now, to take your questions :
psyko fr wrote: 09 Nov 2019, 17:28 thank you, but how to find your way on the drim /// DRIM is the system giving you next departure and destination in station, just like infogare system on SNCF lines.
What does the numbers mean xx53? /// Answer above about train naming.
how do we know our train number? /// Can be anything in Explore mode, as long as it's unique. In activities pre-set trains are already named in the .act file.
how to know the letter of the ? /// Answer above about Station codes.
how should I give a train number if it does not? /// Usually, in activities, there are range per line, 1###XY for line 1, 2###XY for line 2 etc, if you're adding a train which is not scheduled in a .act file, you just need it to be unique.
Last edited by HexxOP on 10 Nov 2019, 09:34, edited 1 time in total.
psyko fr

Post by psyko fr »

thank