MAIB: Metro Accident Investigation Buro

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

iamhankhamTS

MAIB: Metro Accident Investigation Buro

Post by iamhankhamTS »

Just for a bit of fun, this topic is for anyone who has a small "accident" with their metro train. Of course, there will never be any injuries or fatalities because there are no passengers in the simulator. ;)

Myself and two others that I will appoint later will make small reports a bit like the RAIB in England but will be smaller and simplified. 8-)

So, what are you waiting for? Starting posting your accidents! :lol:
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol:
Jim2016

Re: MAIB: Metro Accident Investigation Bureau

Post by Jim2016 »

*Bureau :D
iamhankhamTS

Re: MAIB: Metro Accident Investigation Bureau

Post by iamhankhamTS »

Jim2016 wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 10:34*Bureau :D
Darn! The power of spellings strikes again. :roll:
Let's just say it was an accident! :lol:
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol:
Michiel
Site Admin

Re: MAIB: Metro Accident Investigation Buro

Post by Michiel »

I think this accident requires no further explanation.
Attachments
Accident.jpg
Accident.jpg (189.6 KiB) Viewed 5064 times
brozma

Post by brozma »

I got one today!
Today (15th of september 2019), when I was on duty with Legend (81-717) in Rijndam on Line M4, On 13:45 (1:45 PM) I stood in station Burcht on second platform, heading to Rijndam Airport and loading passengers, when suddenly Mika aka MetroSimGermany crashed into my train with his Blender (MVG type A). After crash I talked to him and asked him, what has he done and why didn't he stopped. He said, that he lost control of the train and ATB system (he said "LZB system" to me. German drivers often refers RET ATB as LZB due to RET ATB being based off of LZB) couldn't stop it because it was disabled. When I asked him why did he disabled ATB, he said that ATB onboard eqiupement was proabably defective or something, because since he left Molenwijk depot, the ATB system was showing 10 Permissief everywhere and it didn't changed no matter, where he was.

That was all I got from him. I'll post here pictures I made and I am also placing theme here in ZIP file for iamhankhamTS, so he can post them in final report.
@iamhankhamTS: Don't worry about copyright. I'm giving you a full permission to use them, just credit me. ;)

Pictures
A train crash in Burcht. The reason, why has MVG type A closed doors is, that Mika aka MetroSimGermany was so in shock, that he forgot to open them at first, but he opened them after I took these pictures.
A train crash in Burcht. The reason, why has MVG type A closed doors is, that Mika aka MetroSimGermany was so in shock, that he forgot to open them at first, but he opened them after I took these pictures.
Burcht crash picture 1.jpg (168.79 KiB) Viewed 5059 times
A train crash in Burcht, but from different angel The reason, why has MVG type A closed doors is, that Mika aka MetroSimGermany was so in shock, that he forgot to open them at first, but he opened them after I took these pictures. Also the DRIM board shows Besteming Onkebend, because of two trains on the same time on the same platform
A train crash in Burcht, but from different angel The reason, why has MVG type A closed doors is, that Mika aka MetroSimGermany was so in shock, that he forgot to open them at first, but he opened them after I took these pictures. Also the DRIM board shows Besteming Onkebend, because of two trains on the same time on the same platform
Burcht crash picture 2.jpg (197.28 KiB) Viewed 5059 times

Zipped pictures
Burcht crash pictures.zip
A zipped pictures for iamhankhamTS to use. Warning! Only for iamhankhamTS!
(364.2 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
Last edited by brozma on 15 Sep 2019, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

Michiel wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 12:05 I think this accident requires no further explanation.
Looks like you've bought the wrong train out of the depot this morning. :?
You may have also been put onto the wrong track by the signaller and have headed into tube tunnel instead of subsurface tunnel causing a small bump!

Cause: Human Error
Resolution: Check signallers health or Driver's Route Knowledge before letting them loose agian! :lol:
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

brozma wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 12:13 I got one today!
Today (15th of september 2019), when I was on duty with Legend (81-717) in Rijndam on Line M4, On 13:45 (1:45 PM) I stood in station Burcht on second platform, heading to Rijndam Airport and loading passengers, when suddenly Mika aka MetroSimGermany crashed into my train with his Blender (MVG type A). After crash I talked to him and asked him, what has he done and why didn't he stopped. He said, that he lost control of the train and ATB system (he said "LZB system" to me. German drivers often refers RET ATB as LZB due to RET ATB being based off of LZB) couldn't stop it because it was disabled. When I asked him why did he disabled ATB, he said that ATB onboard eqiupement was proabably defective or something, because since he left Molenwijk depot, the ATB system was showing 10 Permissief everywhere and it didn't changed no matter, where he was.

That was all I got from him. I'll post here pictures I made and I am also placing theme here in ZIP file for iamhankhamTS, so he can post them in final report.
@iamhankhamTS: Don't worry about copyright. I'm giving you a full permission to use them, just credit me. ;)
I will make a full report! :D
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

iamhankhamTS wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 12:16
brozma wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 12:13
I will make a full report! :D
Metro Accident Investigation Bureau
Report 1: Burcht Rear End

At 13:45 on 15th September, a MVG Type A on empty service 5413MP rear-ended an 81-717 on passenger service 2454TA at Burcht. The ATB was isolated on 5413. The driver had the system off from start at Molenwijk Depot. The cause of isolation was faulty ATB showing 10 Permissive at clear aspects.
The driver should have not taken the train into service and requested a new train from the depot as well as reporting the fault in the Metro Faults Book found on all trains since 2017. This essentially meant that the driver was driver under no signalling which caused this collision.

Type: Collision
Cause: Faulty Equipment
Cause: Driver Error
Resolution: Suspension of driver from work and 1-year ban from eating the biscuits in the mess room.
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Michiel wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 12:05 I think this accident requires no further explanation.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

:lol: Who is going to pay for this Delaying Nightmare :roll:
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains