MAIB: Metro Accident Investigation Buro

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

brozma

Re: MAIB: Metro Accident Investigation Buro

Post by brozma »

I am reporting another incident and I really want to know who's that IT freak, who did this!

On 30th of september 2019 at 15:10 (3:10 PM), when I was on duty on newly assigned NS ICM-1 two car train, as express train between Rijndam Molenwijk and Noordvliet, I stopped at Rijndam Molenwijk and after unloading passengers I went onto returning loop behind Rijndam Molenwijk station, after I departed fro Rijndam Molenwijk, the onboard computer suddenly showed up an error message saying "You should not have done that!" I didn't get it and wanted to solve the error, but the error message disappeared and another one showed up saying "You have met with a terrible fate, have you?!" I recognized the message as a quote from Ben drowned creepypasta and found out, that the computer got Ben drowned virus. The train suddenly stopped by itself and opened all doors on both sides and opened "walk through heads" on the front and on the rear ends. After that, the train started accelerating and showed Ben drowned statue all over the screens in driver cabin. I tried to stop it, but the train didn't respond to any input, instead, another error message showed up saying "Your attempts to revert your fate are worthless. Face your fate and accept it, you snitch and dirty rat! :evil: You better deserve to burn in hell! :twisted:

When I saw this message, I got scared and everything was clear to me. Somebody, who is still mad at me and wants to kill me by "hijacking" my train by virus and hoping, that I'll fall out of the train through the opened door in a curve and die.

I hadn't enough time to think about, who did it. At first, I had to stop the train somehow, I remembered, that this train has a maintenance panel placed on the wall behind the driver's cabin in the salloon, where circuit breakers and pantograph pneumatic pipes were placed, I went down from cabin (although it was hard to, because train was going really fast) and found the panel, opened it and began with stopping the train, At first, I cut the power to the computer using it's circuit breaker, which shut computer down, but the train didn't started slowing down, so I closed pneumatic interchange valves (these valves supplies pneumatic pressure for pantos from brake system) and opened emptying valves. After a loud, hissing noise, I heard a loud pop, as the panto lost pressure and dropped down (I also felt train slowing down). Finally I pulled the emergency brake lever in the salloon and the train finally stopped.

If you wonder, why did I do it in a such complicated way, then I'll tell you this. I tried to drop panto down and apply emergency brake in the cabin, but when computer was on, none of these responded and the last mentioned error message showed up instead, and when computer is off, the panto can't be normally dropped and even after computer shut down, the brake in cabin didn't respond at all.

After stopping, I sat down on nearest seat to relieve myself from shock, and because radio was off due to computer being off, I crabbed my phone and called Rijndam CVL HQ for help. 7 minutes later, Technical train with Rail engineers, IT technical team and MAIB investigators arrived.
I also made some pictures, after I stopped and called for help.
A NS ICM-1 with infected computer from rear
A NS ICM-1 with infected computer from rear
Virus infected NS ICM-1 rear.jpg (406.8 KiB) Viewed 4725 times
A NS ICM-1 with infected computer from front
A NS ICM-1 with infected computer from front
Virus infected NS ICM-1 front.jpg (336 KiB) Viewed 4725 times

@iamhankhamTS: I demand you to find out, who did it and bring him to justice! This is a serious crime! In Czech republic, this can be classified as a crime of general danger and security breach of rail vehicle. Do your best! I am relaying on you. ;)
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

brozma wrote: 30 Sep 2019, 20:46 I am reporting another incident and I really want to know who's that IT freak, who did this!

@iamhankhamTS: I demand you to find out, who did it and bring him to justice! This is a serious crime! In Czech republic, this can be classified as a crime of general danger and security breach of rail vehicle. Do your best! I am relaying on you. ;)
Interesting! I'll take a look!
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol:
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

brozma wrote: 30 Sep 2019, 20:46 I am reporting another incident and I really want to know who's that IT freak, who did this!

Metro Accident Investigation Bureau
Report 4: SPR951 Traumatisation

On 30th September 2019, 15:12, a Code Red was initiated at outside of Molenwijk on empty train 5951 reporting a possible hijack and the train was bought to a dead stand. There were no passengers on at the time.

The driver was taken back to Molenwijk depot for recovery and possible shock. The guard was also treated for shock. The depot team were questioned on 31st September 2019 and one of the team was deemed suspicious.

After questioning took place on 3rd of October, the depot team member in question was arrested on suspicion on attempted manslaughter. His case is being sent to Zeeburg who will deal with his trial. The driver has been given the RRTS (Rijn Rail Transport Company) medallion for bravery.

Type: Criminal Activity
Cause: N/A
Resolution: Case of Attempted Manslaughter to be given to the High Courts of Zeeberg. Driver rewarded with Medal of Bravery
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol:
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

I have a incident...

While operating train 71158 to Simvliet Haven i overshot the station. This train had just underwent brake maintaince. The brakepipes were briefly faulty at the moment of overrun. When i realised i would leave the wires i took action and lowered the pantographs.

Usually found in the 1700 and the 186 043/186 122
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

RetMetrofan wrote: 05 Oct 2019, 18:52 I have a incident...

While operating train 71158 to Simvliet Haven i overshot the station. This train had just underwent brake maintaince. The brakepipes were briefly faulty at the moment of overrun. When i realised i would leave the wires i took action and lowered the pantographs.

I will look into that later! :D
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Good thing, I want to know who caused this error. I just would like to add that during the braketest all brakes were operating like they should be so it must have happened during driving.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

What the HELL RR-DDM :evil: Image

MAIB do your best. I nearly got smashed into from the rear by this driver!
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

RetMetrofan wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 15:58 What the HELL RR-DDM :evil: Image

A simple case of SPADing and a mess room ban here. No need for a report. :)
luka23

Post by luka23 »

Huge delays on rush hour, train 1 departed from track M3 and derailed, whereas the second train from track M5 got a green signal, how could this have happened?
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

iamhankhamTS wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 22:39
RetMetrofan wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 15:58 What the HELL RR-DDM :evil:

A simple case of SPADing and a mess room ban here. No need for a report. :)
Okay! And how about the incident with the brakepipes failing?