General discussions

Moderator: senjer

iamhankhamTS

Re: MAIB: Metro Accident Investigation Buro

Post by iamhankhamTS »

RetMetrofan wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 23:48
iamhankhamTS wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 22:39
RetMetrofan wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 15:58 What the HELL RR-DDM :evil:

MAIB do your best. I nearly got smashed into from the rear by this driver!
A simple case of SPADing and a mess room ban here. No need for a report. :)
Okay! And how about the incident with the brakepipes failing?
Still under investigation
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol:
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

luka23 wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 23:30 Image

Huge delays on rush hour, train 1 departed from track M3 and derailed, whereas the second train from track M5 got a green signal, how could this have happened?
That will require a report most likely. :idea:
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol:
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Starting posting your accidents!
Well... After a really long clean record today... I had a accident. :(

When operating IC 2431 from Airport to Noordvliet everything seemed alright.. Untill i approached the tram crossing. The tram was stranded in the neutral zone after stopping for another tram (behind the picture). The pantograph that is seen up is the only working one. It has a defective rearwards pantograph. I can already hear you saying. Simple SPAD :P But i (in the 1700) did not recieve a red signal indicating something was wrong. Was there a faulty detector in the tracks? Combination of both?

Usually found in the 1700 and the 186 043/186 122
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

RetMetrofan wrote: 12 Oct 2019, 19:04
Starting posting your accidents!
Well... After a really long clean record today... I had a accident. :(

When operating IC 2431 from Airport to Noordvliet everything seemed alright.. Untill i approached the tram crossing. The tram was stranded in the neutral zone after stopping for another tram (behind the picture). The pantograph that is seen up is the only working one. It has a defective rearwards pantograph. I can already hear you saying. Simple SPAD :P But i (in the 1700) did not recieve a red signal indicating something was wrong. Was there a faulty detector in the tracks? Combination of both?
Another report for me! Got a backlog! ;)
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Accidents happen when they happen dont they :roll: Enough to do atleast ;)
brozma

Post by brozma »

Another report incoming from me. This time I want to know, who messed up the maintenance on this locomotive.
Today (17th of october 2019) at 11:10 (11:10 AM) I was on duty with airport express train from Rijndam Airport to Zeeburg in intercity service. The train consisted of two NS 1700 locomotives modified to handle high voltage from HSL line, and six passenger cars. There were 100 passengers onboard with 10 crew members. The train was arranged like this:
(Taken from direction of travel from Rijndam Airport to Zeeburg)

1st: A front NS 1700 locomotive driven by me.
2nd: A 1st class NS ICF car placed behind the front locomotive.
3rd: Another 1st class NS ICF car placed behind the front 1st class NS ICF.
4th: A restaurant NS ICF car placed behind the rear 1st class NS ICF.
5th: Another restaurant NS ICF car placed behind the front restaurant NS ICF.
6th: A 2nd class NS ICF car placed behind the rear restaurant NS ICF.
7th: Another 2nd class NS ICF car placed behind the front 2nd class NS ICf and in front of the rear NS 1700 locomotive.
8th: A rear NS 1700 locomotive set into remote controlled state and driven by me from front locomotive.

During ride between Rijndam Airport and Rijndam Molenwijk, It took me a bit longer to respond on deadman buzzer and locomotive slowed down a bit as the safety brake kicked in and was cancelled soon as it kicked in. When I wanted to speed up back to recover lost speed, the accelerating ring got stuck on full acceleration and I was unable to turn it back, no matter how strong I pulled it,
(in NS 1700, the accelerator is designed as big ring placed in front of you. If you rotate the ring clockwise, the locomotive accelerates. The more you rotate it clockwise, the more locomotive accelerates. If you rotate he ring counter-clockwise, the locomotive accelerate less or stops accelerating completely if you move it fully counter-clockwise).
Realizing what happened, I Immediatelly dropped pantographs down to cut the power to the locomotive, which helped. I also called CVL on emergency frequency and reported the problem. During emergency call I managed to stop at Rijndam Molenwijk on second platform (good thing was that brake lever could override the accelerating ring and allowed me to slow down), and the train was evacuated. Passengers were later taken to their destination by substitute train consisting of two NS-ICM1 coupled into pair. Crew members stayed on the platform with me and waited for engineers and MAIB investigators to arrive. A few minutes later, Engineering train arrived. Enginners decoupled defective NS 1700 from train and towed it into Molenwijk depot for examination, testing and fixing. The rest of the train was shunted to Molenwijk siding using intact rear NS 1700 locomotive.

Here's phonetical trancription of emergency call I managed to record.

*Middle pitched paused bleeping as the radio was pinging the CVL and waited for response*
CVL officer: CVL emergency line, please give in.
Me: Mayday! Mayday! Here's train 7758AX! I can't slow down! The accelerator is stuck!
CVL officer: What exactly happened?
Me: When I was accelerating, the accelerating ring got stuck in maximum acceleration. I had to lower the pantographs to stop accelerating.
CVL officer: When it happened?
Me: I think it was a 3 minutes ago? I don't know. Listen, I have 100 passengers onboard with 10 crew members. I have to drop them off somewhere. Where's the nearest station?
CVL officer: Let me check... The nearest station for you is Rijndam Molenwijk. Can you stop here?
Me: Not Ideal station, but I think I can stop here. Please stand by. I'll report to you later, after I stop.

*A few minutes later*

Me: CVL. This is train 7758AX do you copy?
CVL officer: I copy.
Me: I stopped at 2nd platform at Rinjdam Molenwijk and train was evacuated. The passengers are aimlessly wandering around platform and crew members don't know, what to tell them. What should I do?
CVL officer: Tell your crew members to calm passengers down and assure passengers, that we send a substitute train for them.
Me: Okay, hang on the second. *a few seconds later* Okay done.
CVL officer: Is the train secured against unwanted movement?
Me: Yes it is.
CVL officer: Okay I am sending the engineers, MAIB investigators and subtitute train for passengers to your location. Just don't move the train and keep passengers calm.
Me: Thank you. I'll be waiting.

End of transcription.

I also took a picture. Here it is.
A defective NS 1700 locomotive staying at Rijndam Molenwijk.
A defective NS 1700 locomotive staying at Rijndam Molenwijk.
Defective NS 1700.jpg (346.12 KiB) Viewed 4681 times
@iamhankhamTS: I demand you to find out, what exactly happened and who messed up the maintenance. So I can come to him, show him the middle finger, boot him into his butt and ugly rant to him about his maintenance skills. :evil:
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

brozma wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 10:54 So I can come to him, show him the middle finger, boot him into his butt and ugly rant to him about his maintenance skills. :evil:
Try not to catch a felony with your actions. :lol:
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Backlog huh :mrgreen: Seems like MAIB cant get a break :P
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

RetMetrofan wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 17:34 Backlog huh :mrgreen: Seems like MAIB cant get a break :P
Yeah! I've got plenty going on in real life at the moment so when I find the time, I'll be report writing!
MSB4THOMAS

Post by MSB4THOMAS »

iamhankhamTS wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 18:46
RetMetrofan wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 17:34 Backlog huh :mrgreen: Seems like MAIB cant get a break :P
Yeah! I've got plenty going on in real life at the moment so when I find the time, I'll be report writing!
Maybe you should hire some extra people :lol: :lol: