MAIB: Metro Accident Investigation Buro

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sgt_DeBones

Re: MAIB: Metro Accident Investigation Buro

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

I can't win anything!
Wonderful report.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

Sgt_DeBones wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 18:26 I can't win anything!
Wonderful report.
Thanks you! :)
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol:
brozma

Post by brozma »

@iamhankhamTS: Just a reminder. I've got a unsolved report here too. Just look on page 2.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

brozma wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 20:40 @iamhankhamTS: Just a reminder. I've got a unsolved report here too. Just look on page 2.
You do indeed. That will be solved when I get the time! :)
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol:
brozma

Post by brozma »

iamhankhamTS wrote: 17 Sep 2019, 12:18 You do indeed. That will be solved when I get the time! :)
Ok. I'll wait. ;)
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

Good morning people! Time to release the report on the little Tatra tram accident huh? :lol: :lol:
brozma wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 13:30 I've got another incident today! Not an accident though, but it could be an accident, if I didn't react in time.
Today (16th of September 2019) at 14:15 (2:15 PM) in Rijndam, I was on duty with my TROLLey (My Toronto CLRV private tram) on line T1 between Garenmarkt and Centraal station. When I was returning from Garenmarkt loop to the platform on track heading to the Centraal station I noticed single citadis tram approaching from Steenstraat heading there from Denia on line T3. At first I didn't pay attention to it, because I thought, it would stop on red light near intersection and let me through (The CVL route for me was already set). But the tram didn't stop, passed the red light and went through the intersection. I immediatelly hit emergency brake, rang the bell like crazy and luckilly I managed to stop, before I hit the citadis tram. The tram went onto the platform on the track heading to the centraal station. The tram stopped, opened door and hazard lights went off. The driver was proabably confused, why did he/she went here and not on dead end track and tried to find it out.
I went to check on the citadis' driver and recognized him as Citadis (user). I asked him if he's blind or something, because he passed a red light and almost hit me. He was confused and didn't look very well, after few seconds he shook his head and asked me what happened. I repeated myself and asked him, if he's okay. He told me, that he didn't slept well last night and he had to suffered from microsleep. I asked him if he didn't tampered with ATB, because ATB is meant for these cases. He told me, he enabled ATB bypass so he could go faster than 35 km/h on the section between Steenstraat and Garenmarkt, because he got delayed for some reason and wanted to catch up the delay. I ordered him to stay where he was, wait and try to stay awake and went back to my tram report incident to Rijndam CVL HQ.

Metro Accident Investigation Bureau
Report 3: 2261HC Near Miss

At 14:15 on 16/9/19, the driver of special service 2261HC (empty on the loop at the time) reported a Citidas vehicle performing service 1511DH coming into dangerous proxy at the junction. The driver of 2261 used his emergency brake and avoided a collision whilst the driver of 1511 had come to a stand in the wrong platform.
The driver had tests done to him and was found to not have any alcohol or drugs in his system. There wasn’t a struggle with home life or sleep deprivation. This was simply a case of just forgetting the existence of the approaching signal.

Type: Near Miss
Cause: Human Error
Resolution: Driver of Citidas suspended and banned from eating biscuits in the mess room for 3 months
brozma

Post by brozma »

Thanks iamhankhamTS. Now I know what happened. :)
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

brozma wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 09:37 Thanks iamhankhamTS. Now I know what happened. :)
You're welcome! This biscuit sanction seems to be working well too! :lol: :lol:
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

iamhankhamTS wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 06:30 Citidas vehicle
Citadis*
Not Citidas...
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

Tiny details! :lol: