CVL commands

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Jim2016

CVL commands

Post by Jim2016 »

@Michiel What is this "TRI" CVL command used for the SRL and the freight train in Simvliet?
Last edited by Jim2016 on 11 Sep 2019, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.
JeffT

Re: CVL command

Post by JeffT »

To give a train number. Let's say you want to drive a train from Simvilet haven to Ostpark. The type something like 1234HO A38 TRI.
You can say it does the opposite to the TRO CVL command. ;)
Currently running Metro Simulator Beta on NVIDIA GeForce GT1030 2GB grafic card.
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

So it’s for naming trains based on where they are? Opposed to TWZ which is based on the previous train number. (I had never heard of TRI (and TRO) until now, when I came across those commands in a Simvliet activity file)
JeffT

Post by JeffT »

Jim2016 wrote: 05 Sep 2019, 21:20 So it’s for naming trains based on where they are? Opposed to TWZ which is based on the previous train number. (I had never heard of TRI (and TRO) until now, when I came across those commands in a Simvliet activity file)
TRI when you don't have a number at all. Like when you are in the depo. 1234XL A11 TRI.
TRO if you want to get rid of train numbre. 1234 TRO
Currently running Metro Simulator Beta on NVIDIA GeForce GT1030 2GB grafic card.
Citadis

Post by Citadis »

Is there other commands we don't know?
Citadis : French Type of trams (yes, i'm french :) )
Sorry for my english but enjoy Metro Sim Beta !
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

JeffT wrote: 06 Sep 2019, 15:06 TRI when you don't have a number at all. Like when you are in the depo. 1234XL A11 TRI.
TRO if you want to get rid of train numbre. 1234 TRO
Okay thanks
brozma

Post by brozma »

To be honest, I've never heard of these commands aswell. I should try them soon.
Until now I only used "RWI" (set junction route), "RWO" (cancel junction route), "TWZ" (give train a number) and rarely I used "SPLIT" (split train number during decoupling) commands.

Also there's one thing. When you cancel junction route, the route you set is still "semi-active for a few seconds. It means this:
1st: The orange markers in CVL console still shows the beggining and the end of the route, you cancelled.
2nd: You can't set the another route on the same place of the junction, where you cancelled previous one. even CVL can't set route automatically aswell.
3rd: If there was AHOB crossing on the set route and was closed, it stays closed until is route fully cancelled and then it opens.
4th: During this state, when train is approaching the cancelled "semi-active" route, it gets 10 Absoluut signal (in case of RET ATB), 10 Absoluut and red light (in case ZUB) or Groen 40 and red light (in case of NS ATB-EG)
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

There's also VVI and VVO to enable or remove the station block if you're ahead of schedule
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

And WSO to flip a switch.
brozma

Post by brozma »

Jim2016 wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 12:07 There's also VVI and VVO to enable or remove the station block if you're ahead of schedule
True. I forgot about them. I also use them, for example when I drive the train in explore mode and I have to leave the computer for some reason (need to go the bathroom, someone called me to help him/her), so I stop in station, enable station block, go AFK, return later, disable station block and depart.
Michiel wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 12:23 And WSO to flip a switch.
Never heard of it, gotta test it.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English