Clarification over Wiki Edits

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

iamhankhamTS

Clarification over Wiki Edits

Post by iamhankhamTS »

Dear viewers,

There are sooo many of us trying to do changes to the Wiki. This is rather confusing because way too many of them are unnecessary and get reverted (yes, I'm guilty of that.)

Is there any way that we can improve the Wiki or change editing permissions otherwise the wiki will get utterly out of hand?
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol:
Sjoerd

Re: Clarification over Wiki Edits

Post by Sjoerd »

Well, I regularly keep an eye on the "recent changes" page, and if I see any changes have been made to pages relating to my work which I do not agree with, then I'll revert those changes. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

Sjoerd wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 20:18 Well, I regularly keep an eye on the "recent changes" page, and if I see any changes have been made to pages relating to my work which I do not agree with, then I'll revert those changes. ;)
Great! Thanks!
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol:
brozma

Post by brozma »

Sjoerd wrote: 24 Aug 2019, 20:18 Well, I regularly keep an eye on the "recent changes" page, and if I see any changes have been made to pages relating to my work which I do not agree with, then I'll revert those changes. ;)
So that's, why my edit on "PCC tram" wiki page was removed. I gotta admit, that I proabably went too far and I am sorry about it. :oops:

@Sjoerd: Now you proabably know, who did it. Please forgive me. I am so sorry about that. :oops: I'll try to be more careful about wiki editing next time.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

brozma wrote: 30 Aug 2019, 09:29 Now you proabably know, who did it.
FYI, everyone can see who did every edit :D (http://sim.bemined.nl/w/index.php?title ... on=history)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I put a reason in when I made the change; the page was on the Toronto PCC, and the added information was on Tatra trams. Sure, a history on Tatra trams and its relation to PCCs is relevant for Tatra's, and should be part of a page dedicated to Tatra trams (should a Tatra become available). But it does not belong on a page dedicated to a Canadian PCC.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

I'm not really active on the wiki myself, but I would say the wiki should focus on what is relevant for the simulator. For background information about the tram you can just add a link to wikipedia.
DT3-LZB

Post by DT3-LZB »

Question on that: Many of the wiki pages on the Rijndam stations are still empty and don't feature opening dates and stuff like this. Would you all be okay if I add not only this, but - if it relates to the respective station - a little background info that might not be seen in the sim but would make it a little more realistic, e. g. bellmouths (hidden behind faux walls) in the tunnel between Beestenmarkt and Rijndam C as a provision for the later built M4 tunnel?

(wow that was a complicated sentence)

In that case I would also go and invent some opening dates that we don't know so far, like the opening of the northern quarter of the circle.
Piccadilly

Post by Piccadilly »

DT3-LZB wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 12:09 Question on that: Many of the wiki pages on the Rijndam stations are still empty and don't feature opening dates and stuff like this. Would you all be okay if I add not only this, but - if it relates to the respective station - a little background info that might not be seen in the sim but would make it a little more realistic, e. g. bellmouths (hidden behind faux walls) in the tunnel between Beestenmarkt and Rijndam C as a provision for the later built M4 tunnel?

(wow that was a complicated sentence)

In that case I would also go and invent some opening dates that we don't know so far, like the opening of the northern quarter of the circle.
Good Idea - I support you on this but I think its Sjoerd's decision as it is his map