Idea

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Lyon

Idea

Post by Lyon »

Hello good afternoon, as a member of this forum and metro simulator beta player, I thought as the game is under development it is important to give ideas for the simulator to grow. My idea today has to do with ridjdam railways where I present a new "Sprinter 3" route where there will be an extension of ridjdam lines to a new zone, this third line will allow a more frequent connection to Ypenburg every 15 minutes there will be trains connecting Yperburg to ridjdam Centraal. My idea for this new line is one with a float that connects this new station (remembering that I don't have a name for the new stations yet, not that I have no ideas for names but I'm undecided) was a line by the sea or next to a river, being a link to the biggest river of ridjdam or a train connecting ridjdam beaches, my idea and based on the cascais line in lisbon, i would like to count on your support and your ideas. Hope you like it
Attachments
sketch-1566336924147.png
sketch-1566336924147.png (327.71 KiB) Viewed 4133 times
You dont love tram much i love✌🏾✌🏾
Lyon

Re: Idea

Post by Lyon »

The pier on line 3 is still missing to get on the trains but then I'll get them
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

You got to First Think about lag, Most Computers might now be Capable of Handling an extra Line, This also Could mean Sjoerd has to make More stations, which I'm sure his tired of making so many lines, which of course I congratulate him for but a new line does come with some consequences.
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains
Lyon

Post by Lyon »

Im just given un idea
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I am not tired of adding more lines to the network.... The main question is just; can it be handled by your computers?

If yes, then I can perhaps add an alternative (normal railway) route to Zeeburg at a later moment. If no, then new route projects must also mean starting a new map. But ofcourse; staying with the Rijndam map (if possible) would be preferable, as that means with just adding a few km of track, you can immediately do longer duration journeys (and not start from scratch again).
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

Sjoerd wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 17:40 I am not tired of adding more lines to the network....
I'm Just saying you have been making alot of Train and Routes. (I'm not saying you're tired of it I'm just saying you have done alot for the Sim.)
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

perfecttrains1000 wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 16:33 This also Could mean Sjoerd has to make More stations, which I'm sure his tired of making so many lines,
I mean, you kind of did.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
brozma

Post by brozma »

Sjoerd wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 17:40 I am not tired of adding more lines to the network.... The main question is just; can it be handled by your computers?

If yes, then I can perhaps add an alternative (normal railway) route to Zeeburg at a later moment. If no, then new route projects must also mean starting a new map. But ofcourse; staying with the Rijndam map (if possible) would be preferable, as that means with just adding a few km of track, you can immediately do longer duration journeys (and not start from scratch again).
Well to be honest Sjoerd, I am actually a bit worried about, how my computer with FREAKING 4GB of RAM will handle Rijndam 2022 V1.3, but I decided to be not too worry about it and atleast give it a try after it comes out, and if it would be bad, I won't simply use it ;)
Yeah I admit, that it can run Rijndam 2022 V1.2 a bit well sometimes having low FPS resulting in graphical stuttering when I am in (or near) Rijndam Centraal station or when I am in Dagobertlaan underground tram station. So try to count with weaker computers and try to adapt the map for them.

@Lyon So basically, this version could be no-go for my computer, but IDK. Maybe metrosim runs on my computer smoothly due to metrosim being 64-bit, thus allowing CPU to work more efficiently with it. Yeah sometimes my computer surprises me. For example I thought, that I won't be able to run a game called "Unturned" on it, but to my surprise, it runs well (if I count out long loading times).

@Everyone If you think: "Dude, what kind of garbage computer is that so it has only 4GB of RAM?!" Well, It's an old HP Pavilion laptop from 2013. Which has Intel Core I3 clocked at 2.4 GHz, 4GB of RAM, Intel HD graphics 4000, 500 GB HDD, running Windows 8.1 (formerly Windows 8, but I was forced to upgrade to windows 8.1).
Now if you think: "Wow man, that's really old machine. Why didn't you get a new one? It would be much better for you!" Then answer is: HELL NO!! Who do you think I am, some kind of rich [expletive censored]bag?! Do you know how laptops are expensive?! :roll: So simply said, I don't have much money to get a new one. So deal with it!
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

brozma wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 19:58 Well to be honest Sjoerd, I am actually a bit worried about, how my computer with FREAKING 4GB of RAM will handle Rijndam 2022 V1.3, but I decided to be not too worry about it and atleast give it a try after it comes out, and if it would be bad, I won't simply use it ;)
Same over here :lol:
I'm not here.
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

brozma wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 19:58 @Everyone If you think: "Dude, what kind of garbage computer is that so it has only 4GB of RAM?!" Well, It's an old HP Pavilion laptop from 2013. Which has Intel Core I3 clocked at 2.4 GHz, 4GB of RAM, Intel HD graphics 4000, 500 GB HDD, running Windows 8.1 (formerly Windows 8, but I was forced to upgrade to windows 8.1).
Now if you think: "Wow man, that's really old machine. Why didn't you get a new one? It would be much better for you!" Then answer is: HELL NO!! Who do you think I am, some kind of rich [expletive censored]bag?! Do you know how laptops are expensive?! :roll: So simply said, I don't have much money to get a new one. So deal with it!
10/10 relatable.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!