Script - Get closer of Paris Metro ambiance.

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

HexxOP

Script - Get closer of Paris Metro ambiance.

Post by HexxOP »

Hey everyone, just a little share from a french player, a little script i made to get a little more closer to Paris metro system in the game (more because i think we can thanks Sjoerd again for the MCV 9100 MP and the MP05 sound :D).

In Paris subway, there is a little gong, called "Monocoup" (one-hit) insuring the driver that all doors are closed well.
Each time you press the door closure button, it check there state and gong if all are closed correctly, a little example :https://youtu.be/xnEU8aJmcq4?t=18.
So i just recorded one and made a little script to play it when it should in MetroSim.

The second one is just a little tweak of the already in game door opening procedure, in old Paris subway stocks, you have two commands, one selector, to give the information of wich side to open, and one opener (wich after activation wait for the train to reach an almost stop before releasing doors).

DL : https://framadrop.org/r/AJB4QCukEJ#2K2U ... 630LRS7kk=
Feel free to request another upload if the file is down, the max limit is 30 days.

It's not much, but if there are some Francilians around, I thought it might be cool to share it.

Obviously, it's a standalone script so i can't get in game infos, wich can create some incoherence, though if you don't press all buttons all the time it should run alright.

Feel free to ask if the readMe file is unclear or if you want me to make a little video to explain how to use it a bit better.

- H
Last edited by HexxOP on 26 Mar 2020, 00:13, edited 8 times in total.
HexxOP

Re: Paris "Monocoup" and door opening system.

Post by HexxOP »

Even though I'm probably the only one using it, I updated the link with my last little additions.

A "bicoup", for national railway stocks. The bicoup (two-hits) is the father of the monocoup, used on some french national railway stocks and on Paris RER lines A and B.

Autopilot "Paris metro style", on several lines in Paris network, there is a autopilot to help drivers. It automatically starts the train, adapts speed, folows signals state and stops at the next station.
(The action of the script is basically to start the train and switch to AI mode after a moment, opening doors turning AI mode off).

-H
HOY3

Re: Script - Get closer of Paris Metro ambiance.

Post by HOY3 »

If you want to be a little bit more closer of Paris subway ambiance, I suggest you to add doors alarm. It’s the sound that you can hear in the video after the depart.
It comes frequently when train is stopped between two stations: after a little time if the train isn’t moving and if the doors are hold closed, this alarm sound. You have to press a button (in the stock of the video it’s behind left the driver) calling “Neutralisation alarme” (“Alarm Neutralization”) in ten seconds. If you don’t, the PCC (Commandement center) is informed.
In the simulator we can imagine that if you don’t press the button within the 10 secondes delay, you lost the holding of closing doors.
HexxOP

Post by HexxOP »

Hey HOY3, I admit I never heard about it, from me this sound is associated with a general line call, if you have any technical doc with it, I would be curious to read it.

Though, as I said, it's a standalone app, sadly, I can't get any feedback from the game except keys pressed by the player, so no way to know if a train is stopped or not, what speed you hit, signals states etc...
It works for doors as closing time between the pressing of "d" key and the total closure is always the same, but it can't even check if the closure is real. It's hard to do really more than that without reading values from the game (which would allow a ton of cool things to be done).
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Actually there is a way to obtain all kind of information about the train you are controlling, I just never released this add-on to the public due to lack of documentation and support.
HOY3

Post by HOY3 »

HexxOP wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 16:33 Hey HOY3, I admit I never heard about it, from me this sound is associated with a general line call, if you have any technical doc with it, I would be curious to read it.
Internal documentation of RATP about MF77 (the train of your video, from lines 7/8/13 of paris subway):
Après 10 secondes d’arrêt, si l’ouverture des portes n’est pas commandée, le dispositif provoque le fonctionnement d’une alarme sonore (alarme vigilance) dans la cabine de conduite et l’allumage du voyant vert « appel en cabine » sur la cloison gauche.
Si 15 secondes plus tard, l’ouverture des portes n’est toujours pas commandée (cas d’un arrêt en interstation) ou si le dispositif n’est pas neutralisé en appuyant sur BP.NA, l’alarme sonore est transmise au chef de régulation pendant 1 minute, et le voyant rouge « alarme au PCC » s’allume sur la cloison gauche.
Translation:
After ten seconds of stop, if the opening of the doors is not ordered, this system enables an alarm (whos called vigilance alarm), and activates a green light in the back left of the cabin (called "call in cabin").
If 15 seconds later the opening is still no orderd, (in case of stop between two stations), or if the system isn't neutralized by pressing BP.NA [Bouton Poussoir Neutralisation Alarme, Pushbutton for Neutralization of Alarm], the sound alarm is transmitted to the regulation chief while 1mn, and a red light (near the previous green one) called "alarm to PCC*" is enabled.

*the place where the line is supervised. For further informations, see this link (it's in french): https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poste_de_ ... alis%C3%A9
HexxOP

Post by HexxOP »

HOY3 wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 17:49 Internal documentation of RATP about MF77 (the train of your video, from lines 7/8/13 of paris subway):
Oh, great, thanks for the info, great to continue to discover things. (I'm from Paris suburb too ;) )

Michiel wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 17:03 Actually there is a way to obtain all kind of information about the train you are controlling, I just never released this add-on to the public due to lack of documentation and support.
Oh great, it seems there is so much things on the way, cool to know.
If someday you want to share it and need help to build a documentation I volunteer :)
... well, if it is possible to understand outputs from our own.

I tried to make a script with CheatEngine to find and monitor some values (but really hard to easily distinguish player train, get exact the value we're looking for so i just abandoned :roll: (and I obviously can't share something that needs CheatEngine to run...)).
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

You can to add these files to the simulator installation: http://sim.bemined.nl/Beta315-ScriptPlugin.zip

If it works, you should get a little debug window once you enter a train with some example values like whether the doors are locked and the current ATB code. If it does not, well, too bad, as there is no support for error reporting yet on this version.
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

I downloaded it and the Simulator Crashed when opening it, then i removed it and it works fine
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains
HexxOP

Post by HexxOP »

Michiel wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 18:51 You can to add these files to the simulator installation: http://sim.bemined.nl/Beta315-ScriptPlugin.zip

If it works, you should get a little debug window once you enter a train with some example values like whether the doors are locked and the current ATB code. If it does not, well, too bad, as there is no support for error reporting yet on this version.
Oh great, thanks a lot for the files.
It indeed makes the game crash at start, I still need to try it out on a VM to see if it happens on a fully up to date setup because the crash report points to an updated .dll.

EDIT : Sadly I can't get it to work, I'll have to be patient. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯