Citadis 302

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Citadis 302

Post by Sjoerd »

Lets add another one to the Citadis collection.... Just to add a second tram capable of running on APS tracks. The Reims Citadis 302.

This one was a bit more difficult to make, as the original 3D model of the head of the tram didn't fit on the 3D model of the modules of the rest of the tram. So some re-building of the side walls and windows, and the whole top (of the head of the tram), was necessary.
Another challenge to this model; Reims has 18 of these, in 9 different colors. So I am building it in a way, that (if succesful) each car number automatically gets the corresponding color. :)

CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

T4? New incoming tram line?

PS: nice work with the trams... ;)
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Alfacinha315 wrote: 21 May 2019, 09:53 T4? New incoming tram line?
Sjoerd wrote: 15 May 2019, 09:11
MetroRio wrote: 15 May 2019, 08:56 Very nice that you are adding APS for the game! Is that a new stretch of line?
Yes, I had no other option; if I convert an existing section, the other trams would not be able to drive there anymore, and existing activities would therefore become unusable.
So this will need to be defined as a new line; starting at the exiting turning loop at Garenmarkt, along line T1 to Central Station, and then an APS section for another 4 stops to a new suburb terminus. No loop here, as there are no single direction vehicles with APS.
Tracks have been build, scenery is at 30%, CVL is yet to be adapted, stop-names are not determined yet. ;)
NB. Stopnames for the new stops: Spoorwijk, Sir Winston Churchilllaan, Laan van Steenvoorde, Winkelcentrum Bogaard (Shopping center Bogaard; named after a shopping center in Rijswijk, just south of The Hague).

;)
Last edited by Sjoerd on 21 May 2019, 14:29, edited 2 times in total.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Sjoerd wrote: 21 May 2019, 10:49
Alfacinha315 wrote: 21 May 2019, 09:53 T4? New incoming tram line?
Sjoerd wrote: 15 May 2019, 09:11
MetroRio wrote: 15 May 2019, 08:56 Very nice that you are adding APS for the game! Is that a new stretch of line?
Yes, I had no other option; if I convert an existing section, the other trams would not be able to drive there anymore, and existing activities would therefore become unusable.
So this will need to be defined as a new line; starting at the exiting turning loop at Garenmarkt, along line T1 to Central Station, and then an APS section for another 4 stops to a new suburb terminus. No loop here, as there are no single direction vehicles with APS.
Tracks have been build, scenery is at 30%, CVL is yet to be adapted, stop-names are not determined yet. ;)
NB. Stopnames for the new stops: Spoorwijk, Sir Winston Chruchillaan, Laan van Steenvoorde, Winkelcentrum Bogaard (Shopping center Bogaard; named after a shopping center in Rijswijk, just south of The Hague).

;)
Cool! :)

To be released with beta 3.15?
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
MTRHK

Post by MTRHK »

Would a Montpellier Citadis be possible Sjoerd?

Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Alfacinha315 wrote: 21 May 2019, 11:14 To be released with beta 3.15?
Yes. Rijndam 2022 v1.3 will be a network for 3.15 (as it won't work with 3.14).
MTRHK wrote: 21 May 2019, 11:26 Would a Montpellier Citadis be possible Sjoerd?
It looks like that variant of the Citadis was one of Seht13's earlier models; the quality is definitely less then on later build Citadis trams. And this one also does not match with the curved side walls of newer models. So I don't think I will be doing this one too.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... pellier-L2

At this stage, I'll continue with adding some details to the models I already have in production; window wipers, vehicle numbers.... (at this moment only present on the Reims model) ;)
This Citadis package should work in 3.14, so this will be released when ready.
MetroRio

Post by MetroRio »

Since we’re talking about so many variations, would you mind doing my city’s as well? :lol:

It’s a Citadis 302 fitted with APS but also has a pantograph for use inside the depot.
Cheers from Rio de Janeiro :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MetroRio wrote: 22 May 2019, 10:19 Since we’re talking about so many variations, would you mind doing my city’s as well? :lol:
It’s a Citadis 302 fitted with APS but also has a pantograph for use inside the depot.
Looks more like a 402 to me ;)

I have looked online; there is no 3D model for that front end. I can make adaptions (to remedy problems like mismatching parts), but I am not really comfortable with building the outside shape of a vehicle from scratch. I tried that a few months back, but I didn't really like where it was going.

At this point, I already have 6 Citadis variations lined up (or 7; the Lyon version comes as a 302 and a 402), out of which 2 are fitted with APS (Tours & Reims), and the Reims variant also comes in 9 different colors. I think that's enough for the moment.

I am still willing to do the Dubai 402 (because I really like the design), if someone can get me the head of the tram as a Sketchup file... (https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/nowy-tr ... 855681.jpg)

For now, I'll work towards release of the Citadis package as soon as the vehicles are ready for it (for example; the Tours tram still needs window wipers). ;)
MetroRio

Post by MetroRio »

Yes it is indeed a 402 with 7 compartments. My bad, I’ve read somewhere they were 302 but I was mistaken.
Cheers from Rio de Janeiro :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Based on a few photo's I found, I found out the Tours Citadis has a more creative looking interior. So I did some redecorating in the model too;

Also, all Citadis trams have now been equipped with vehicle numbers and window wipers. Including the somewhat eccentric type on the Tours variant :lol:

Someone at Alstom must have had a lot of fun designing the Citadis for Tours :D