Sjoerd

K4500 Tram

Post by Sjoerd »

CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Sgt_DeBones

Re: K4500 Tram

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Damn, I really miss my laptop now. :sad:
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
loris

Post by loris »

Well done i like this Flexity Swift :mrgreen:

Now we need some Alstom tram in this game :roll:
I don't understand i don't speak French :lol:

Youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC406ek ... ivT7yqE4KQ
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

Amazing Tram! :D
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains
brozma

Post by brozma »

Wow! Nice tram. Can't wait to test it.
TBH this tram looks similiar to Skoda 15T tram to me.
Here's the Skoda 15T tram for comparison.
This is 1st version of this tram (just ignore that Tatra T3 in the background).

This is the 2nd version of this tram. It's called: Skoda 15T Alpha. The difference between this and 1st version is orange "mask" on front and having air-conditioning and Wi-Fi transmitter inside.

The differencies between Skoda 15T tram and K4500 tram

1st: Skoda 15T is unidirectional (and obviously has door on right side only) and in normal operation, it isn't coupled into pair with another tram. It can be mechanically coupled with other tram, but that is used in case, when Skoda 15T malfunctions, "goes on strike" and has to be towed away to depot to be checked out.

2nd: Skoda 15T has panto placed on the front. K4500 has panto placed on the middle.

3rd: Without speed governor, Skoda 15T can speed up to 90 km/h (in Prague, it has speed governor installed and set to 60 km/h).

4th: 2nd Version of Skoda 15T has air-conditioning and Wi-Fi transmitter and I doubt K4500 has these (correct me If I am wrong, okay)
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

That inwards panto at the very front of the tram is... a questionable design choice tbh :roll:

Greets, Mika
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
brozma

Post by brozma »

MetroSimGermany wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 20:24 That inwards panto at the very front of the tram is... a questionable design choice tbh :roll:

Greets, Mika
Then I think, you'll be disappointed, because every tram's single arm "Z shape" panto is oriented inwards and placed on front. The exeptions are Skoda 14T "Porshe", which has single arm "Z shape" panto oriented backwards (placed on front) and Tatra T3, which has double arm "diamond shape" panto (also placed on front). Only Tatra KT8D5 tram, which is bidirectional, has pantos on front and rear, but only front in direction of travel is lifted up.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Well, most german trams have the panto placed more to the center of the first carriage or on trams with 3+ parts sometimes on the centermost part for a symmetric appearance.
In any case though our monodirectional trams have the "knee" of the panto facing the direction of travel and not to the back. For example:
GT6ER from Berlin
NGT6DD-ER from Dresden

It seems that Skodas recent designs often feature an inwards panto at the very very front of the tram and perhaps its just me being used to our trams looking different, but I don't really like that design choice of Skoda :)
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
Alexander L.

Post by Alexander L. »

I know that Würzburg's trams are pretty exotic, but the GT-E made by LHB, although monodirectional, have the "knee" pointing against the direction of travel.

(Strangely I don't have a lot of pictures featuring a GT-E even though it's my hometown :D)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

When the HTM (The Hague) fitted new pantographs on their GTL8 trams, they also put them on backwards.

When I asked someone who worked for HTM why they did that, the answer was that the drivers' airco-unit (the white box on the roof) was just in the way (when the pantograph needs to be in the down-position). And they could not place the pantograph further back, as it needed to be fitted directly above one of the bogies (to make sure the part that touches the overhead wires is always centered above the track).

Personally, I would have preferred to solve this by placing the pantograph above the last bogie of the tram instead (at the back); that would have looked nicer. :D
And that should be technically not a problem, as in the old situation, there were two pantographs (also one on the back), which could both be used (https://www.haagsetrams.com/resources/g ... iaduct.jpg). So the electrical connections are there.
Attachments
GTL.jpg
GTL.jpg (144.05 KiB) Viewed 5324 times
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D