Guille's creations

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Guille3604

Guille's creations

Post by Guille3604 »

As Sjoerd announced in the Rijndam post, I'm creating the 2300 series for the Denia-Rijndam section, these 8 units were inherited by FEVE. These trains are almost done, some minor adjustments new to be done to the oldest versions but other than that, they're almost finished. :mrgreen:

Last edited by Guille3604 on 24 Jan 2023, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
Sjoerd

Re: GBolea3D creations

Post by Sjoerd »

Very good work ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Awesome! :D

So, in the simulator will we have these trains with three liveries?
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Guille3604

Post by Guille3604 »

Alfacinha315 wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 17:29 Awesome! :D

So, in the simulator will we have these trains with three liveries?
Theoretically yes. The only thing is that the orange one was refurbished for high platforms, whilst the other 2, are for lower platforms as they have steps to access the inside, so I don't know, that depends on what Sjoerds wants to do. :lol:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The platforms along the line have been build to come als close as possible to the floor height of the white/orange floor height.
I'll see how it looks (train vs platforms) after I have the oldest version driveable. At this moment, I think it will be likely the two with the square headlights will end up with the high floor, and the one with the round headlights (being the oldest one) with the steps at the doors.

To bad I can't find any references to this online; the amount of photo's of this type of train with the doors openend are close to zero :lol:
The only clue; the actual level of the platforms the train is standing next to on photo's. Like this one in Denia (modern livery, using a high platfom): https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1612/250 ... 87de_b.jpg, and this one, in an older livery, next to a lower platform: http://www.listadotren.es/motor/phototrain.php?tid=2824
Guille3604

Post by Guille3604 »

Sjoerd wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 18:46 The platforms along the line have been build to come als close as possible to the floor height of the white/orange floor height.
I'll see how it looks (train vs platforms) after I have the oldest version driveable. At this moment, I think it will be likely the two with the square headlights will end up with the high floor, and the one with the round headlights (being the oldest one) with the steps at the doors.

To bad I can't find any references to this online; the amount of photo's of this type of train with the doors openend are close to zero :lol:
The only clue; the actual level of the platforms the train is standing next to on photo's. Like this one in Denia (modern livery, using a high platfom): https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1612/250 ... 87de_b.jpg, and this one, in an older livery, next to a lower platform: http://www.listadotren.es/motor/phototrain.php?tid=2824

The thing is that the blue version you sent me, has also steps as the platforms were still low, it was with the 2500 series that they did refurbished the platforms to make 'em higher and the original MANs had the steps cancelled, so... :lol:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Okay; how about this; When you have send me the new files, I'll convert the oldest livery version with the round headlights and the steps at the door. I'll then post screenshots of it next to a platform (and of the modern one without the steps). And then I'll ask for your opinions on which interior floor (with or without steps) to use for the yellow+white+blue version.

I do not want to lower the platforms in the route, as I want to keep the option open to possibly do a 2500-series in the future too (as that train is still in use by the FGV, having replaced the 2300's), and that one absolutely requires the higher platforms. ;)
JeffT

Post by JeffT »

Nice work.
Is the 2300 series simular to the trains used on the Mallorca main line. Back in the 80 and 90s?
Currently running Metro Simulator Beta on NVIDIA GeForce GT1030 2GB grafic card.
Guille3604

Post by Guille3604 »

JeffT wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 22:17 Nice work.
Is the 2300 series simular to the trains used on the Mallorca main line. Back in the 80 and 90s?
Hello JeffT, yes, some of the old 2300 that were operating in the north of Spain, were sent to Mallorca in those years to retire the old stock. Back in the days you could see a single MAN railcar, or someones like the ones recreated, along with other railcars made by Ferrostaal (similar in shape to the 2300). ;)

https://youtu.be/1gUv_taUrwU?t=201
DT3-LZB

Post by DT3-LZB »

With what program did you build those? The renderings look great.