Guille's creations

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Guille3604

Re: GBolea3D creations

Post by Guille3604 »

DT3-LZB wrote: 09 Feb 2019, 11:27 With what program did you build those? The renderings look great.
3dsMax and Vray. ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The new floor for this variant has steps behind the passenger doors. A comparison between the two:

I don't think we have much of an issue here, so I think it would be best to keep the steps, as it is most realistic for this livery. ;)

Well, not much of an issue.... The ILT (Inspectie Leefomgeving en Transport... Inspection living environment and transport) will very likely not approve of a situation where you step down from the platform, and then directly up again :lol:
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
SFMUNI

Post by SFMUNI »

Make movable steps? Here in San Francisco, our LRVs (Light Rail Vehicles) have moveable steps to facilitate high level (in the subway) and street-level boarding. Maybe something similar could work there.
SFMTA does not know how to run a metro system or light rail or streetcar. 8-)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

SFMUNI wrote: 09 Feb 2019, 21:46 Make movable steps? Here in San Francisco, our LRVs (Light Rail Vehicles) have moveable steps to facilitate high level (in the subway) and street-level boarding. Maybe something similar could work there.
These are real trains, not imaginary ones (so lets not add that as a function if it's not really needed); http://www.listadotren.es/motor/phototrain.php?tid=2824

I know of the movable step system for both high platform and no-platform use; the Hannover TW6000 trams (which have also been used second-hand in The Hague for a few years) have that system too.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Sjoerd wrote: 09 Feb 2019, 20:21 Image

The new floor for this variant has steps behind the passenger doors. A comparison between the two:

I don't think we have much of an issue here, so I think it would be best to keep the steps, as it is most realistic for this livery. ;)

Well, not much of an issue.... The ILT (Inspectie Leefomgeving en Transport... Inspection living environment and transport) will very likely not approve of a situation where you step down from the platform, and then directly up again :lol:
I don't know why, but that doors resemble me the ones used in railcars like 592 and 596 series from Renfe... :lol:

The first situation seems realistic, but the second one looks accessible for wheelchair users.
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Guille3604

Post by Guille3604 »

Alfacinha315 wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 10:13 I don't know why, but that doors resemble me the ones used in railcars like 592 and 596 series from Renfe... :lol:
That's because it's a MAN diesel railcar! I don't know about the 596, but these MAN diesel railcars (592/2300), I think they both have Faiveley doors. ;)

Alfacinha315 wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 10:13 The first situation seems realistic, but the second one looks accessible for wheelchair users.
The first one was before FGV refurbished their platforms into high ones, so when they did that, they had to "remove" the steps to gain straight access from the platform and into the train. ;)
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

So, what would be the best option for the simulator?
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Alfacinha315 wrote: 12 Feb 2019, 21:01 So, what would be the best option for the simulator?
Just keep both, as seen in the screenshots ;)