Activity / Route build problem

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

HexxOP

Activity / Route build problem

Post by HexxOP »

Hello everyone, i read the forum and play/try to make activities on MetroSim from quite some time now and finally, a little problem force me to show up :)

I'm working on Simvliet 2020, trying to get a kind of new service, until here, nothing too fancy, but i have a mission coming from the west terminating at SDWK, and contrary to SVCK, the CVL make the path as soon as the train shunted into the tailtrack (and of course i have trains coming from MLS and LEL toward SVC/SAP, the junction blocking them).
Path.PNG
Path.PNG (79.02 KiB) Viewed 4216 times
If it's a bit unclear, as soon as a train come in 168 or 171, the code change to ####WK and the CVL create a path 168->164 instead of waiting the start of the mission ...

From what i tested, at SVCK, the CVL can wait for the mission to start to create paths, but maybe not at SDWK ?

I tried different things but nothing works well ...

Thanks a lot for your help, i can upload my route and activity if needed ;)
Sjoerd

Re: Activity / Route build problem

Post by Sjoerd »

Did you use the default "Routes.ctd" in the Simvliet2020 folder, or did you make your own?
If you can send me the files you have made, I'll take a look at it. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
HexxOP

Post by HexxOP »

I reused Routes.cdt to make a new one.
For the moment i didn't touched to junctions , only missions (if there is no other option, i'll make the change so everything coming from 166 goes in 402, keeping SDW3 for reverse only, but i suppose the mistake come from my side so i prefere to ask before :) )

I deleted all useless infos, so you have only the problematic thing, on the activity, you'll see what i mean, train 111 supposed to go before the 999.

Thanks a lot for helping me with this :)
Attachments
Activities.zip
(6.84 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I've downloaded it and I'll look at it tomorrow ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The problem is in your CTD file.

In Junction group "SDW 2", this block of code is used from the default CTD file:
<autoblock start="168" destinations="S,B,X,H,C,K,T">
<start depart="SDWK2" timetable="15">168</start>
<end end="164" free="164"/>
</autoblock>
<autoblock start="171" destinations="S,B,X,H,C,K,T">
<start depart="SDWK2" timetable="15">171</start>
<end end="164" free="164"/>
</autoblock>
This basically says: When there is a train on track 168 or 171, with destination S,B,X,H,C,K or T, set a path to track 164 (if it is free), 15 seconds before scheduled departure from platform "SDWK2".

Now I look in your ACT file, to see what your train should do next after arrival there;
<duty code="999-3" number="999#WK" route="KOPO" time="05:15:00" ai="true"/>
Back to the CTD, I look at route-code KOPO;
<route code="KOPO" end="101,102" totaltime="650" reversetime="30" scrollsign="c-svc">
<aimarkers>
<marker block="171" marker="171-2"/>
<marker block="168" marker="168-2"/>
</aimarkers>
<times>
<depart platform="SDWK1" time=" 0" destinationcode="37" station="sdwk" actions="halt" stops="sdwk1,sdwk2"/>
<stop platform="SDW3" time=" 50" destinationcode="37" station="sdw" actions="stop" stops="sdw2,sdw3"/>
<stop platform="RSL2" time=" 125" destinationcode="37" station="rsl" actions="stop" stops="rsl1,rsl2"/>
<stop platform="VMT2" time=" 225" destinationcode="37" station="vmt" actions="stop" stops="vmt1,vmt2"/>
<stop platform="BGN3" time=" 310" destinationcode="37" station="bgn" actions="stop" stops="bgn1,bgn2,bgn3,bgn4"/>
<stop platform="KVL2" time=" 405" destinationcode="37" station="kvl" actions="stop" stops="kvl1,kvl2"/>
<stop platform="ADP2" time=" 490" destinationcode="37" station="adp" actions="stop" stops="adp1,adp2"/>
<stop platform="SVC3" time=" 580" destinationcode=" 1" station="svc" actions="stop" stops="svc1,svc2,svc3" scrollsign="a-bd"/>
<arrive platform="SVCK" time=" 650" destinationcode=" 1" station="svck" actions="halt,finish" stops="svck1,svck2"/>
</times>
</route>

There's the problem; you said it should depart from SDWK1. And the junction group looks at a departuretime scheduled at SDWK2 (also if the train is at the other track, as those two tracks are assigned on a "which one is free" basis when the train comes in).
So now there is a train on the track with a destination "K", but a scheduled departure which does not match the platform name the junction group is looking for. Therefore, the junctiongroup does not look at the 5:15 departuretime, but only at the destination. So it sets a path to track 164 immediately.

Solution; change depart platform="SDWK1" to depart platform="SDWK2". ;)
HexxOP

Post by HexxOP »

Oh waow, thanks a lot for the explaination, that was too subtile for me :D

Never understood the line :
<start depart="SDWK2" timetable="15">168</start>
Everything is clear now, thanks again :)
HexxOP

Post by HexxOP »

Hey,
I'm currently working on a special activity with a lot of odd missions, trains terminating everywhere, reversing on some unusual platform ...
And I face a little almost "classic" problem: on some platform, AI do not takes control of trains.

I'm pretty sure it comes from the fact I don't fully understand the <aimarkers> block :

Code: Select all

<aimarkers>
    <marker block="###" marker="###-N"/>
   </aimarkers>
From what I understand, ### is the number of the block(s) where the trains that must be controled could be.
And, N is the direction of the cab that must be turned on.

Though, sometimes, even if I'm aiming at the (i suppose) right block, AI do not turn any cab on, so two questions if you can help me out :
- How to determine N, especially on Rijndam, as the track layout can force some train to start on track 1 and finish on track 2.
- And more generally, what am I missing ? :D

I obviously can make a file to show my problem if you need one.

Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

HexxOP wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 19:52 - How to determine N, especially on Rijndam,
Usually, on Rijndam metro lines "N" = 1 towards Central Station, and 2 for the other direction.[/quote]
...as the track layout can force some train to start on track 1 and finish on track 2.
Look at examples in the ctd-file. ;) For example:

<route code="3-RG" end="808" totaltime="1150" reversetime="30" scrollsign="3-rcs" >
<aimarkers>
<marker block="443" marker="443-1"/>
<marker block="543" marker="543-1"/>
</aimarkers>
HexxOP

Post by HexxOP »

Hey Sjoerd, thanks for your fast answer :) .

Sadly, if the answer is that easy, that means I missed something else ^^'
I've packed the .cdt and an example .act to show the problem, everything works as intended except the fact that AI doesn't take control of the train for the second mission.
zzTest.zip
(7.09 KiB) Downloaded 158 times

I'll take the opportunity to ask a bunch of other questions, I didn't find answer to :

- Is there a way to end a mission on a specific block that isn't 'named' ?
Like for instance here, let's say I need to revert a train on block 820 or 840 without shunting to RKD.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (22.63 KiB) Viewed 3105 times
I checked Michiel's Simvliet1982 activity where trains retrun just after RSL junction, the .cdt refer to it as "RSLK" and block numbers as 'stops', but I didn't find a way to reproduce it elsewhere, so I suppose it must be placed during the map building process.

- Is there a way to time actions in a .act file ?
We can change some variables when placing a train or in <routes> (that i wrongly refer to as missions), does the script allow to apply one of this parameter (pantoup, ...) from a timestamp somehow ?

- And finally, just a more visual aspect, is there a way to trigger the "Vertraagd" display without messing with route 'time' factor and/or adding ghost missions ?

Thanks again for all your answers :)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

HexxOP wrote: 02 Dec 2019, 07:37 Hey Sjoerd, thanks for your fast answer :) .

Sadly, if the answer is that easy, that means I missed something else ^^'
I've packed the .cdt and an example .act to show the problem, everything works as intended except the fact that AI doesn't take control of the train for the second mission.
I see the problem.... As Houtweg is just an intermediate station, I never placed AI-markers there. So calling for AI-marker "111-1" won't work, as there is no marker present there. The switches between Houtweg and Central Station where ment as a way to reach other platforms at Central Station (go to track 1 instead of 4, that kind of thing); I did not have reversing here in mind when I build it.

You could end the previous route with "stop,reverse" instead of "stop,finish". That way, the cab on the other end will activate, but I am not sure if it will depart on the 'new' route at 10:20:00, as the activity specifies.

I'll take the opportunity to ask a bunch of other questions, I didn't find answer to :

- Is there a way to end a mission on a specific block that isn't 'named' ?
Every block is named. The name should appear when you point at a block in the CVL screen.
However, be aware that for your cab to shut of when using the AI to drive the train.... You need to stop at a stopmarker. Which you typically only have at platform tracks.

- Is there a way to time actions in a .act file ?
We can change some variables when placing a train or in <routes> (that i wrongly refer to as missions), does the script allow to apply one of this parameter (pantoup, ...) from a timestamp somehow ?
Not that I know of. You can trigger actions based on a block being occupied, but only things which you can order via de CVL, like set a specific path or change a train number.
- And finally, just a more visual aspect, is there a way to trigger the "Vertraagd" display without messing with route 'time' factor and/or adding ghost missions ?
Perhaps by adding a timetable for a train, but not imputting that train. And if that doesn't work.... Input the train at the starting station, but block it's departure somehow (for example, by setting the AI marker wrong so it activates the wrong cab, or by changing your CTD file to nót set a departing route from that specific platform track. ;)

EDIT:
This is how it looks in the route editor, with stopmarkers, spawnpoints, and (next to the lightsignal) an AI-marker.