Toronto

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

<Swaggerboy>

Re: Toronto

Post by <Swaggerboy> »

Sjoerd wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 14:07 The PCC has now been added to the Toronto trams download package

Download: https://filehorst.de/d/cldzgGsi

(Overwrite earlier files if you already use the Toronto Flexity/CLRV/ALRV.)

Enjoy! ;)
I´m going test it right now!!!
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

T2P Films has made a video for the PCC;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ztCFlKKTVs
(I did give them permission to host the download on their website ;) )
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
brozma

Post by brozma »

Sjoerd wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 14:07 The PCC has now been added to the Toronto trams download package

Download: https://filehorst.de/d/cldzgGsi

(Overwrite earlier files if you already use the Toronto Flexity/CLRV/ALRV.)

Enjoy! ;)
Wow another tram! I gotta admit, this one looks like Tatra T1 tram. Only the panto is on rear not on front.
If you wonder why, Tatra T1 was hugely inspired by PCC trams and you can say, that Tatra Smíchov copied PCC tram by making Tatra T1
Here is Tatra T1 for comparison
This one is historic prototype tram with ID number 5002 used on rare occasions. These trams had trolley poles in the past, but because you can't operate trolley poles and pantographs at the same time. This one had to be modified. Even the PCC in metrosim has panto instead of trolley pole (real life PCC has trolley pole), because metrosim isn't meant for trolley poles.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 14:12 real life PCC has trolley pole
In Toronto, yes.
In most of Europe, they always had a pantograph, as it's more efficient ;)
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Sjoerd wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 15:23
brozma wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 14:12 real life PCC has trolley pole
In Toronto, yes.
In most of Europe, they always had a pantograph, as it's more efficient ;)
Cough cough
6092172342_14e5af3ee9_b.jpg
6092172342_14e5af3ee9_b.jpg (384.01 KiB) Viewed 5344 times
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I like the look of The Hague way better.... (with the pantograph on the back)

http://www.tram-museum.de/besucher/pcc- ... n-haag.jpg
SFMUNI

Post by SFMUNI »

In San Francisco we had (not used very often anymore, still here though), an early 1900's overhead wire car that has a box pantograph, here's a crappy screenshot (not my photo originally):
Attachments
0304_West_Portal.jpg
0304_West_Portal.jpg (4.03 KiB) Viewed 5312 times
SFMTA does not know how to run a metro system or light rail or streetcar. 8-)
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

one thing that could be tried to get working trolley poles (another sim did this as well), move the rear coupling point of the PCC into the middle of the vehicle, then make a second "vehicle" (that is a trailer only and has the smallest possible amount of weight). This vehicle contains the trolley pole mesh only. it needs a very short distance between its "bogeys" but the rear coupling point of it must extend out far enough to be where the rear end of the visible PCC is. Now make the two a consist that can not be uncoupled and you should have a trolley pole correctly rotating in curves, at least if Metro Sim allows for two vehicles more or less inside each other without crashing and coupling points being far away from the bogeys of a vehicle.

But since its possible to achieve a similar effect by utilising the multi track drifting trick to bring vehicles closer together than intended which does not crash the game when two vehicles are physically inside each other it seems likely that this trick for trolley poles would work
(The only crash related to vehicles inside each other seems to be caused when two open coupler ends contact but the vehicles are both on the same side of the coupler in which case the game can't seem to figure out where is front and where is back and quits)

Greets, Mika
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

SFMUNI wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 18:40 In San Francisco we had (not used very often anymore, still here though), an early 1900's overhead wire car that has a box pantograph, here's a crappy screenshot (not my photo originally):
Actually, I do believe the Orange Empire Railway Museum of SoCal has a couple of those preserved in operating condition. However I think they're equipped with trolley poles. Idk though.

Tho, all I care about is that they have Nippon Sharyo P865 144 from the LA Blue/Expo Line fleet preserved there.
This is now a dead account.
brozma

Post by brozma »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 15:59 Cough cough
Nailed it! That PCC you found has tied down (lowered) trolley pole on the rear. So that one actually has it! :mrgreen:
Sjoerd wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 16:04 I like the look of The Hague way better.... (with the pantograph on the back)

http://www.tram-museum.de/besucher/pcc- ... n-haag.jpg
Well, that explains, why is panto on the rear of the metrosim version of PCC.
MetroSimGermany wrote: 09 Feb 2019, 16:03 one thing that could be tried to get working trolley poles (another sim did this as well), move the rear coupling point of the PCC into the middle of the vehicle, then make a second "vehicle" (that is a trailer only and has the smallest possible amount of weight). This vehicle contains the trolley pole mesh only. it needs a very short distance between its "bogeys" but the rear coupling point of it must extend out far enough to be where the rear end of the visible PCC is. Now make the two a consist that can not be uncoupled and you should have a trolley pole correctly rotating in curves, at least if Metro Sim allows for two vehicles more or less inside each other without crashing and coupling points being far away from the bogeys of a vehicle.

But since its possible to achieve a similar effect by utilising the multi track drifting trick to bring vehicles closer together than intended which does not crash the game when two vehicles are physically inside each other it seems likely that this trick for trolley poles would work
(The only crash related to vehicles inside each other seems to be caused when two open coupler ends contact but the vehicles are both on the same side of the coupler in which case the game can't seem to figure out where is front and where is back and quits)

Greets, Mika
Mein Gott! That would be a good challenge for Michiel. I want to see him do that. ;)
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English