London Underground trains

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

jameswldn

Re: London Underground trains

Post by jameswldn »

Please can someone give me step by step instructions on how to add the LU trains onto the game. I tried following the read me but it is not working.
Thx and happy new year
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

jameswldn wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 16:22 Please can someone give me step by step instructions on how to add the LU trains onto the game. I tried following the read me but it is not working.
Thx and happy new year
Metro Simulator Wiki wrote: In explore mode you need to place your train before you can use it. For placing a train you go to the left side with your mouse. Click on the train icon. Now you see a screen with all the trains available in this beta version. Select the train of your choice and the amount of the trains by pressing the add button. After that select the station were you want to place your train. When done press OK and the train was loaded on the selected station.
The beta does not yet check if the track is free, be careful not to place 2 trains at the same start point.
Place Rolling Stock.png
Place Rolling Stock.png (12.62 KiB) Viewed 5133 times
If you are make an activity, here are the codes to insert:

Code: Select all

<train pack="London" file="LU1973_SE.xml"/> 1973 stock, single ended unit. Must couple 2 back-to-back to form a complete train.
<train pack="London" file="LU1973_DE.xml"/> 1973 stock, double ended unit.

<train pack="London" file="LU1995_A.xml"/> 1995 stock, single ended unit, front half of a complete train.
<train pack="London" file="LU1995_B.xml"/> 1995 stock, single ended unit, rear half of a complete train.

<train pack="London" file="LUD78_A.xml"/> D78 stock, single ended unit, front half of a complete train.
<train pack="London" file="LUD78_B.xml"/> D78 stock, single ended unit, rear half of a complete train.
<train pack="London" file="LUD78_DE.xml"/> D78 stock, double ended unit.

<train pack="London" file="LUD78_old_A.xml"/> D78 stock old livery, single ended unit, front half of a complete train.
<train pack="London" file="LUD78_old_B.xml"/> D78 stock old livery, single ended unit, rear half of a complete train.
<train pack="London" file="LUD78_old_DE.xml"/> D78 stock old livery, double ended unit.

<train pack="London" file="LUS7.xml"/> S7 stock, complete train.
<train pack="London" file="LUS8.xml"/> S8 stock, complete train.
jameswldn

Post by jameswldn »

No but when it comes to adding train. we have the option of london and glasgow in which it comes up with just the 73 stock. meanwhile u have the option of london w d78 and s7/8. i dont have that london box on it own despite me downloading the files so i am asking how to download it properly for the trains to appear.
jameswldn

Post by jameswldn »

No but when it comes to adding train. we have the option of london and glasgow in which it comes up with just the 73 stock. meanwhile u have the option of london w d78 and s7/8. i dont have that london box on it own despite me downloading the files so i am asking how to download it properly for the trains to appear.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

readme.txt wrote: INSTALLATION:
------------

-> Copy the files and folders to the folder where the 'Simulator.exe' file is located.
-> Start the simulator.
Did you do this? Do you have the "London.000" file right next to the "Simulator.exe" file in the same folder?
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
jameswldn

Post by jameswldn »

thanks it works
rik079

Post by rik079 »

In the image of the S8 on the wiki, there appear to be three destination displays: the train number (shift+*), the destination (*) and also a third display. How do I change the last one? crtl-* doesn't work
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

It uses a separate texture file, which is not in the current (3.14) folder structure. I'll include it in the next release of the routes (which will happen as 3.15 releases, but when that is.... Michiel hasn't informed us yet). ;)
The train searches for it in the route texture folder, and if it can't find it (which is the case), the screen just stays black.
rik079

Post by rik079 »

what messages can be displayed by then? I already saw 'short service'
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

In London, it would primarily be the name of the line. So "District line" for example, or "Metropolitan line". In Rijndam, I do not have such names. So for destinations that are not the end of the line (like Noorderpoort, or the Central Station) I set "Short Service", and otherwise the line number, like "Line M4". ;)