Scenario-idea (trackwork at Guggenheimmuseum)

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

metrosimfan

Scenario-idea (trackwork at Guggenheimmuseum)

Post by metrosimfan »

Hello,
(german below/deutsch unten)
I have the following idea for a scenario or a map update...

https://abload.de/image.php?img=rijndam ... eu0duo.png

It would be a 2019 version. The M7 line isn't in service. The whole route section in the area of Guggenheimmuseum is under construction. In Noorderport the track (direction Airport / Panbos) is out of service during trackworks or rather switch construction to the M7 line.
The lines M2 and M3 divided during the trackworks...

Is that possible to build a scenario in this form?

Greets

Hallo,

Ich habe eine Idee für ein Szenario oder ein Update der Karte.

Die Linie M7 ist noch nicht in Betrieb. Die Linien M2/M3 sind geteilt, da dort Bauarbeiten im Bereich der späteren Haltestelle Guggenheimmuseum stattfinden. Die Strecke der späteren M4 ist erst zwischen Centraal Station und Burcht fertiggestellt. Die M6 verkehrt zwischen Blaak und Burcht. In Noorderport ist das Gleis in Richtung Panbos/Flughafen, aufgrund von Weichenarbeiten nicht befahrbar. Zwischen Burcht und Denia (jede zweite Fahrt) bzw. zu Neben- und Schwachverkehrszeiten, sowie Tagesrandzeiten, nur bis Transferium Rijndijk, verkehrt die Linie M5. Diese wird durch die reguläre T3 ergänzt.

Ist es möglich ein solches Szenario zu erstellen? Ich habe leider keine Ahnung davon...

Grüße
Have I ever said, that my english competitions are horrible?
LosAngelesMetro56

Re: Scenario-idea (trackwork at Guggenheimmuseum)

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

If construction started in 2018, I find it unrealistic how once construction is complete for that line, would just open to the public instantly without test runs within less than 2 years unless Rijndam is China 2.0 and has billions in population to work on the lines. :lol: But fictional wise, I like this idea ;)
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

In reality, it would be possible to do this. In the simulator however, it isn't. Why not you may ask: there are no switches in between Wilhelminapark and Nationale Opera. Therefore, to end at Nationale Opera, you would have to reverse using the switches in between Nationale Opera and Guggenheim Museum. You would then either have to reverse just short of Guggenheim Museum (as you can't enter it in your scenario), or you would need to reverse on the connecting track to Noorderpoort. The problem you now get; there are no stopmarkers on those locations for the AI to know where to stop and reverse the train. So no trains running on AI would be able to do that maneuver.
So, it would be more realistic to turn line M4 in your map into a one-way loop in the city center (after Nationale Opera, continue to Noorderpoort and back to the Airport), just like in the Rijndam 2016 situation, and have M2 end at Central Station. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Just a reminder: This is an English language forum. You post only in English.
metrosimfan

Post by metrosimfan »

@Jim2016: My english isn't so good (about a minimal school level Grade C) , so I write on german, too. The sense becomes clearer, when I write in german. Also, because we have some other german-speaking users in this forum.

@sjoerd; Thanks for your explanation. Then you can send the M2/M4 services to Centraal Station or Molenwijk. The section between Centraal Station and Nationale Opera or rather Museumkwartier would be operated by bus-replacement service (not displayed in the Sim ^^ ) Is this scenario possible?
Have I ever said, that my english competitions are horrible?