Release: MP89 / NS93 / Be 8/8 TL

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

iamhankhamTS

Re: WIP Projects: CAF UT-440R and GEC-Alsthom NS-93

Post by iamhankhamTS »

I think we have a winner :lol: :lol:
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol:
BaptBus

Post by BaptBus »

Hi ! It's a very nice project :)

But I have a question : Are automatic versions still planned ?

Bye !
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

So, it will be option 2; a 3-car MP89CC Paris variant ;)

No, no decision yet on a "CA" version.

Just a small side-by-side of the two main versions I have now...
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Piccadilly

Post by Piccadilly »

Personally, I prefer the Paris version.
Trainzdriver328

Post by Trainzdriver328 »

yes me too, its my personally opinion
A German Train Simulator Gamer! 🎮🎮 🚄🚄
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Okay..... 3-car Paris version it is... :D
With electrical coupling, so if you drive anywhere else (where there are longer platforms), this variant is capable of coupled service (and not just towing away).

Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Citadis wrote: 18 Jun 2020, 07:06 I don't know if it helps but I found 3 pics about MP89CA controls.
Pictures order links
https://images.app.goo.gl/WMbHFZm8pJ5qKn4EA
https://images.app.goo.gl/uou7GbXMT5PgVGny9
https://images.app.goo.gl/GgAT4q9piHuirE6B9

Notice that the second one is an MP05 and the third one, a MP89CA. First seems to be MP89CA too.
I also found this one: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... e_bord.jpg

Now that gives some more information, and at least allows me to label some of the controls. But a lot is still unknown. For example; anybody know what those six white lights are for, next to the speedometer? They al seem to have different sized labels, so that rules out 'door status on the six parts of the train'.

So most needed; any information on labels for each of the controls (the above link at least provides some information on that, but only for the controls in the bottom half of the photo, which is about 10-20% of the control panel.

This is what I have so far: :)
Yes... This means I am working on a MP89 CA variant (which might also mean a Lausanne "Be 8/8 TL" variant) ;)
Edit : Sjoerd, why not create separated files instead off one big file for line plans? Like file MP89D1.png for displays 0 to 19, MP89D2.png for displays 20 to 39...
(suggestion)
Sorry, doesn't work that way. The system will just refer to one file, and then shows a part of that file for each setting of the destination-function. When it reaches the end of the texture file, and you still increase the destination-number (as stated; you can show 01-99), it just automatically loops around and starts over. So line M1 will show up if you set it to 01, 21, 41, 61 or 81.

I think 20 possible line diagrams should be enough, especially if you can repaint them. ;)
However, I might do a little experiment later; see how large I can make that texturefile without getting problems (like MS Paint refusing to re-open it due to its size, like I have had with other files before { >the CTA-screen texture< }; with the texture still working for the simulator, but any required change to it means re-creating the file entirely.... which wouldn't be usefull if you want it repaintable).

If you are thinking of the ICM train, in which half the destinations have been made repaintable on a separate file.... That's just two textures of the same size, but overlapping each other. Half the 'main' texture file is made transparent, so the bottom half of the repaintable file is visible. But both files still have the same size, and are shown at the same time. :D
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

Sjoerd wrote: 18 Jun 2020, 16:02 Okay..... 3-car Paris version it is... :D
With electrical coupling, so if you drive anywhere else (where there are longer platforms), this variant is capable of coupled service (and not just towing away).
Finally a mini version. I had already seen it, but I no longer know which city this metro is in (in an automatic cabin), there were only two vagons.
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

MP 85 wrote: 19 Jun 2020, 17:41
Finally a mini version. I had already seen it, but I no longer know which city this metro is in (in an automatic cabin), there were only two vagons.
Lausanne Be 8/8 TL
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

Yay, i'm continuing to love the work on this :D
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains