I´m new here

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

German player

I´m new here

Post by German player »

Hello,
my name is Paul Knothe and I com from Ronshausen (Germany). Im 14 years old and I learn english sience three years - so it is ok but not great. ;)
The first one I play Metro simulator was one year ago. From this time forward I play it nearly every day.
I´d like say thank you to Michiel Sjoerd and all the others that have contributed to the development of the Metro simulator.
Metro simulator is the best :) !
MetroSimGermany

Re: I´m new here

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Na dann, willkommen im Forum ;)

===============================
Well then, welcome to the forum.

Greets, Mika
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
Supertrain_fan

Post by Supertrain_fan »

Hi everyone! :D
I'd like to use this thread to introduce myself too.
I'm a railfan and a metrofan from Chile. I was following Metro Simulator Beta since Beta 3.6, but I've never seen so much activity on this forum since Beta 3.12, and I'm very impressed with the simulator so far.
I've been doing some 3d models about 2-3 years ago (I think), and I would like to collaborate here. I have about 20 "almost finished" trains from everywhere on the world, and other 15 fictional trains also "almost finished".
My avatar is one of these trains, a Alsthom NS-74 from Santiago Metro. The exterior is finished and I'm modeling the interior (but I stopped about 5 months ago :P)
That's all for now.
Greetings everyone :D
Attention passengers: Metrotren service to Rancagua departing from platform 3.
Mr. Conductor, OK to proceed.
Have a nice trip!
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Supertrain_fan wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 22:37 I've been doing some 3d models about 2-3 years ago (I think), and I would like to collaborate here. I have about 20 "almost finished" trains from everywhere on the world, and other 15 fictional trains also "almost finished".
My avatar is one of these trains, a Alsthom NS-74 from Santiago Metro. The exterior is finished and I'm modeling the interior (but I stopped about 5 months ago :P)
That's all for now.
I would love to see your models. I hope they're low poly models tho as some of our computers can't handle too much.
This is now a dead account.
Supertrain_fan

Post by Supertrain_fan »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 23:03
Supertrain_fan wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 22:37 I've been doing some 3d models about 2-3 years ago (I think), and I would like to collaborate here. I have about 20 "almost finished" trains from everywhere on the world, and other 15 fictional trains also "almost finished".
That's all for now.
I would love to see your models. I hope they're low poly models tho as some of our computers can't handle too much.
Sure, here are some of them ;-)
The light blue one is from Santiago Metro (Chile), Alstom NS-93 (or MP-89CC in Paris Metro).
The Blue one is from Montreal Metro, Alstom/Bombardier MPM-10.
And the white one is a W.I.P. CAF UT440R, a chilean/spanish commuter train.
Every model is separated in 4 parts each carriage, and every "special detail" (like doors, pantograph, bogeys, external buttons, or asimetrical objects) is a independent component.
I did these models in Sketchup 2015, with realistic measurements and with blueprints.

Also, the MPM-10 and NS-93 already have their rubber-tyred bogeys :D

Greetings from Chile :-)
Attachments
Alstom NS-93/MP89CC
Alstom NS-93/MP89CC
NS93.jpg (231.99 KiB) Viewed 4836 times
Have a nice trip!
Supertrain_fan

Post by Supertrain_fan »

It seems it didn't uploaded all the pictures, lol.
Here is the UT440R
Attachments
WIP UT440R
WIP UT440R
WIP1.png (31.59 KiB) Viewed 4836 times
Have a nice trip!
Supertrain_fan

Post by Supertrain_fan »

And the last one, the MPM-10 :P
Sorry if this multiple-posting breaks some rules :oops:
Attachments
MPM-10
MPM-10
Azur.jpg (217.62 KiB) Viewed 4836 times
Have a nice trip!
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Supertrain_fan wrote: 02 Dec 2018, 01:40 Sorry if this multiple-posting breaks some rules :oops:
Well you're just providing content so I think your fine with the triple posting.
These are really nice ;). @Sjoerd I found your new personal 3d modeler :lol:. Something I'd like to see is the NS VIRM stock. That's my favorite intercity model from the Netherlands (which is semi-why I am hyped for Rijndam's new RR-DDM stock).

Sorry for the late reply. Been busy with stuff.
This is now a dead account.
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

They’re nice. If you add an interior and make a few things a bit more realistic (like the coupler, which you could use the SG3 one for example) they would be a great addition to the simulator.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Yes, I like them!
The NS93 can also be repainted into the RATP MP89 (so that's easily two trains in one), and the MPM-10 has a really nice design. Can you finish them with an interior?

These would be good replacements to the MCV 9100/9200 I now use on the Airport Shuttleservice; real air tired trains instead of a fictional adaptation of a RET metro. ;)
And to drive these with full train lengths.... Perhaps I should convert M6 for rubber tired operation (M6 is a nice stand-alone line too, so would be a good candidate).

@Jim2016: Replacing the coupler with that of the SG3 will be pretty easy during the transformation to a Metrosimulator vehicle. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D